Klaus opened his eyes. He had been napping under a tree during the morning and the sun hit him in the face... ugh. Something was going on in the showers, not interested. Sunshine, the mutt, whined when he stood up and stretched. He had grass on his pants and leaves on his hair, after taking and unwrapping a lollipop from his pocket he put it in his mouth and walked towards the area where everyone was gathering. Too many people... he wasn't quite used to it just yet.
ABEE was chasing some idiots around, so he went towards Clair and the other kid, Sunshine trotting after him. He had his hands in his pockets.
"Ey Claire... who this?" He asked, referring to Anthony, with the lollipop in his mouth.

"Thanks." Izzy brightens up at Naomi's comment on her hat, her hand goes up to play with the tufts of hair sticking out from it. "Don't worry, I'm not really a peanut person."

These two didn't seem so bad. With a couple of high pitched wheezes, the girl quickly climbed up to the bunk above Naomi's before dumping her backpack onto the bed. She'll take care of the contents later. For now she just wanted to get to know her new roommates and the camp.

A sudden loud bang almost made her miss a step on her climb down the bunkbed. Almost. She really hated sudden noises - made her all twitchy. She turned to Eliza. "Was-was that supposed to happen?"

Last edited:
Damnit. At least that was what Hroth thought when Abel pulled him and Leon away from the woods. Turning to reply to Leon, Hroth said, "Well, my stepdad got tired of me and so here I am."

Clair politely introduced Anthony to Klaus and sent them both to their bunks. "Meeting by the campfire in twenty!" She called after them.

Eliza shook her head at Izzy, just as confused. Then her eyes widened and she smiled, "but I'm pretty sure I know who did it." It could be anyone but last year David had been the source of many loud camp noises and he had said in his email that he was coming this year.

Now that the other two girls had chosen their bunks she opted for the bottom of the other, tossing her purple suitcase on top of it. "Want to go look around a bit?"

Naomi jumped, her head lifting up and hitting off the bed above her. She had not factored that in when picking the bottom bunk. She winced, rubbing where she'd hit herself, and looked to Eliza in hopes that she would explain the sound. The pain from the bump wasn't too strong, more just annoying. She raised an eyebrow. "Was it a staff member or another kid?" She asked the ginger haired girl, taking her hand away from her head.

She stretched her legs out in front of her and jumped off the bed. "Sounds good. What's there to really see, though? It's not a massive place."

Last edited:
With a grimace, Tony would put his headphones on full blast the moment the introductions were finished. More than anything, he just wanted to set his stuff down and take a nap, but if there was a camp wide meeting in twenty minutes, than there really wasn't any point to that. And after dealing with his father for a six hour car trip, he really, really didn't feel like talking. To anymore.

Whatever was playing over his speakers was loud enough to surely be damaging his ears, nothing but screaming, heavy drums beats, and fast paced shredding guitar. It wasn't surprising that, given his appearance, that Tony turned out to be a metal head. He'd look over his shoulder as he walked, giving Claire another look over. Every single inch. "Not bad..." He'd murmur before turning his head lazily to Klaus. "Is the mutt coming inside, or is he going to stay outside where he belongs?"

Klaus looked at the kid, arching an eyebrow. He was checking out Claire, now... that was amusing. When the other asked, the teen merely shrugged. "He stays outside. Sunshine's just here to make sure no one goes into the forest, so there's that. I'll seeya later dude, M gonna spread the word about the meeting"
He offered Anthony a short lived smile and walked off to the bungalows. Only one was closed, number four. Sunshine followed him... goddamn dog, he was good company but he didn't want to have him around at all times.

He knocked on the door, sucking on his lollipop, knowing this was the girl's place, and he didn't want trouble with girls... they could be very unpredictable.

She gave Naomi a concerned glance as she noticed the other girl hitting her head on the bottom of the top bunk. This was why she didn't want the bottom bunk. But at least Naomi seemed alright.

"Hm?" Izzy quirked a brow. Was this the doing of another camper? She sure hoped it wasn't anything serious. "I wanna checkout where that sound just came from though. Oh, and do you think we'd get to go to the woods some time?"

"You okay?" she looked at the bump on her roommate's head, but she seemed fine. "It's probably David, I think, and it's probably no big deal he's just messing with some stuff." She hopped off the bed and headed for the door. "We can go into the woods like... a bit. If we get too far the dog barks or the counselors yell at you." She rolled her eyes, "There's a zone nearby so they don't want anyone near the fences for 'liability reasons'." She snorted and opened the door at the same time that Klaus was just about to knock.

Klaus would be greeted by the three girls, all poised to exit the bungalow. She raised a brow at his hovering hand, likely intending to knock on the door. "Can we help you?" She asked, sweetly. He was new, too.

Peering around the boy she could see that other campers had arrived. She was eager to meet them. There were always a few people who brought things into camp that they weren't supposed to and she liked to trade. Also, it would be a good time to get a feel for who to prank.

Camp was way better than school.

----

As for Claire, she did not notice the once-over from Anthony. As far as her list went, all of the campers were checked in so she headed to get the fire started so that Nina could give her welcome spiel and go over the rules and then suggest how fun it would be for everyone to introduce themselves and the kids would all groan and roll their eyes and look at one another until Nina forced someone to go first.

It was the same every year.

Naomi followed Eliza to the door, lightly touching where she'd bumped her head. As much as she didn't want to bump her head again, her first top bunk experience had been enough to put her off them forever - broken arms tend to do that.

"The forest sounds pretty cool. I don't want to trip, though," she said. If her mother had to find out about a twisted ankle, Naomi was dead meat.
She was a little surprised at the fact that there was a person behind the door. She would have thought he'd been eavesdropping, had it not been for the raised hand to knock. Even still, she pursed her lips at the curly haired boy, folding her arms and putting her weight on one foot. "Yes, can we?" She asked, far less sweet than Eliza.

The boy blinked, startled when they opened the door just before he knocked. Because... the hell?, they were really goddamn unpredictable.
Once he came back from his surprise, he smiled at them. The three of them...
"I just... wanted to tell you that Claire said we have to be in the campfire in twenty ish minutes..." he scratched the back of his head.
"Nice to meet you, all three of you, I'm Klaus... I Hope we can be friends?" Was this even a proper introduction?, he hoped so, offering Eliza a hand to shake. He didn't have three hands!

Leon was discouraged when Able had stopped them, they would possibly get a chance later to do so. "Better 'ere than dealing with them though, right?" Offering a slight grin. with Abel's back turned Leon tugged on Hroth's jacket to get his attention quietly. Looking for any opportunity he could to book it. Then suddenly there was a Loud bang from the other side of the camp. In that moment of distraction, and Abel's attention pulled elsewhere, Leon booked it behind the buildings towards the large bang, most likely the Counselors would try to stop him once he got close, but it was just to intriguing not to investigate.
Leon was indeed a short kid, but that did nothing to slow his speed growing up, rounding the building within a few seconds, he hoped he gave Hroth enough warning to follow.

Hroth nodded in agreement with Leon's sentiments. Then, suddenly, he heard a great bang, and began running after Leon. Intrigued by this guy as well as by the sound, Hroth couldn't think of anything wrong with following the boy.

It wasn't long before Leon reached the back side of the showers where the bang originated, following the flooding water he soon saw a boy with a wrench looking at the pipes. Oh things just got a whole lot better, Leon thought to himself grinning as he looked down at his Gauntlet. He could use some help with his projects, calling out to the boy "Ey, Watch'ya got there?" his Scottish English showing through,

David growled to himself as he tried to fix the pipes. He knew what he needed, but he couldn't figure out exactly what to do. Having brought his tool kit, he was clenching a screwdriver between his teeth as he used the wrench to tighten up the seal to the pipe. Turning a little, he reached a nearby tap to his right and turned it. Nothing. Crap.

Turning back to the pipe, leaving the tap on, he frowned. What was he missing... something to move the water maybe? Oh! Oh damn, he could be forgetful sometimes. Reaching back with his hands, he grips the wrench in both before bringing it down onto the pipe, denting it a bit and sending water spraying from the tap onto the ground, mildly wetting his pants before he could turn it off.

As he did this, he heard a voice talk to him from behind. Turning, he looked at two boys that had seeminglyst appeared from aorund the corner. They looked younger than him, although the on head a few burn marks, which he could sympathise with.

"What I've got is a genius intellect! Replaced the pressure meter and got us hot, high pressure showers!" He says as he sits up from where he had been crouching, dusting off his pants, before spreading one arm out in a pompous way. "No need to thank me." He says with a cheeky grin, before chuckling a little bit.

"Nah, just shittin ya. I was messing with the water pipes, wanted the pressure metre. The bang was because the pipe burst. Glad I had a few replacement parts for that huh?" He says, shaking his wet hair as he points to what looks to be a cluster of semi melted metal place over a section of the pipe. Somehow along the way, the oil streaks had returned along his arms and face.

"So who're you two? Ya new?"

'My name's Hroth," Hroth extended his hand to the new boy, taking in the sight before him. He wasn't sure what kind of camp this was, but he was feeling exceptionally ordinary. What a strange feeling it is.

Hroth knelt down by the pipes, taking a look at the tinkerer's handiwork, running his hands over the half-melted metal. "How did you do this. While it's still low grade steel, practically useless for most applications, you would still need quite a bit of heat in order to get it in this state."

Hroth thought for a moment, "and what did you want the pressure gauge for?"

Eliza raised a brow at the boy who looked suddenly uncomfortable.

Fun.

She tilted her head and nodded. "Yeah, okay. Thanks." And then she waited for him to move out of the way. Instead he introduced himself offering her his hand. She laughed and shook it, "I thought only business men shook hands when meeting." She exchanged a look with her new friends. "Uh, I'm Eliza, this is Izzy," She took the liberty to introduce the younger girl to the strange dude, allowing Naomi to introduce herself. With that she edged her way past the lollipop sucker, considering her questions. "Yeah, maybe we can be friends. We'll see." Then she winked and once the other two girls were free, she hurried to the direction of the showers.

David grinned. It was nice to have someone to talk to about it. Expression growing slightly manic, he opens his mouth. "I needed the pressure gauge for something I'm working on! I've been reading up on hydraulic engines and I think I have enough here to make a small, rudimentary one. Think of all the things I could power with that!" He says, voice gaining an almost high pitch quality as his enthusiasm leaked through.

"As for the metal, I snagged a portable blowtorch from a workshop I was doing work experience in. I moved after that, and nothing really came from it, so now I've got one of those!" He says happily as he withdraws the tool from his bag, turning it on and off for a second to show how it worked. Withdrawing his dark welding goggles from his belt, he spins them on his fingers. "With these babies I actually have a pretty good chance to pull off the engine!"

His grin vanished however as he placed back the torch and the goggles into his tool kit, locking the item up. "Shit, forgot to introduce myself." He says as he noticed that the boy had long retracted his hand during his rant. "Name's Troy, but I go by David." He says, jabbing a thumb into his own chest.

"That is indeed a very good question, you little shit." Abel answered, waltzing up to them from behind the showers building. The dog, Sunshine, trotting after him.

"Repair the showers, right now. I'm not having any of your shit. Yes?, yes. Because if you do not, someone's gonna be hungry until the showers are working normally again" The counselor grinned. Hope had told him to head there and what to find. And he'd get in the way... oh yes indeed.

Hroth flinched as he heard Abel's voice. He already knew at this point that if anyone was going to find them, it would have been Abel. "Hey, Abel...How has the past five minutes been treating you?" Hroth stood up from around the pipes, slipping the newly freed water gauge into his hoody's pocket as he did so. Hoping, against hope, that he would get away with this, Hroth gave Abel the sincerest smile he possibly could.

Back