David sucked in air through his teeth. Well Shit. That... could have gone better. It could certainly have gone worse, but not by much. How the actual fuck did he managed that anyway? Weren't these arrows blunted or something? He would check but he was pretty sure that he was quietly being kept away from the nearest bow or arrow since he was told to drop the one he shot Abel with.

He looked at the wound that was being bandaged. That was... a surprising amount of blood. Huh. Who would have thought that the knee would bleed so badly? Guess life is full of surprises. FOCUS. Right. Arrow, shot Abel, he's being patched up.

Sitting against the ground, he leaned his back against a tree behind him as he pulls out his wrench. Looking at the object he just focuses on spinning it one handed, mindful of the weight, as he waits for the excersize to be over. He doubted he would be let near the archery course again after this. So maybe it wasn't all bad.

Hope and Justin waited a few more minutes before taking the kids to the interior of the offices, where they had various materials to learn some interesting arts and crafts they could also do at home later, or during their free time in the bungalows. Everyone was there, meanwhile, Abel and Claire were left outside.

Abel was sitting down, having opted for not even acknowledging the kids snickers and laughs at his expense. They wouldn't be laughing for much longer... he waited patiently for Clara to take care of his knee, unusually moody, and unusually quiet.

Claire didn't say much, instead quietly focusing on bandaging the knee. There wasn't much to clean, thankfully, other than wiping away the dripping blood.

"Do you also think it's funny that I got hurt?" Abel asked, mouth pressed into a thin line and eyes down, looking atat the ground except for when he when he asked the question and looked up at Claire's face squinting for any signs of laughter or amusement.

She shook her head and looked up at Abel in surprise. "Of course not." What a ridiculous question. Claire gathered up the supplies and stood, trash in one hand. "Why would that be funny?"

Abel sighed. "I do not know, the kids were laughing." he said, shrugging. "Congratulating David's poor aim" He added. "Can I stand now?"

"Kids can be cruel," admitted Claire. She'd seen it time and time again. Offering her hand to help him up, "Sure. Do you want to take a few minutes to yourself?"

Abel snorted, he took her hand and stood up. He could stand just fine as long as he didn't put an excessive amount of weight on his damaged knee. He leaned forwards and hugged Claire. "Didn't I tell you earlier you're wayy tooo nice?" He sang.

She laughed, "every year you tell me." She couldn't recall him ever hugging her before. She patted his shoulder, surprised.

"Because it's true. You're a good woman, good woman~" When he separated from her his face was a bit sad, but that expression soon disappeared.
"I don't wanna see them kids until dinner" he added, booping her nose. "Seeya lateerrr~" He purred, walking away quite awkwardly because of his injured leg but somehow still waltzing around.

She just assumed she had imagined the sad look on his face and scrunched up her nose at his finger, "Yeah, okay." She agreed, waving him off and heading into the arts and crafts cabin.

Abel spent the rest of the evening somewhere else in the camp, probably the counselors bungalow as he wasn't with Nina and Sunshine didn't bark.
The evening passed rather quickly, it was soon dark and around eight thirty, Abel himself went to the offices to call the others for dinner, which was ready.

Last edited:
After the excitement at archery earlier, Nico's day had gone downhill with arts and crafts. What did they think he was, some sorta girl? With his game out of commission, at least until he could prove Eliza had stolen the batteries, Nico had been forced to actually participate in group activities, and it had been the most boring afternoon of his life. He supposed he should start making friends. Maybe this would all be more bearable if he at least had someone to hang out with.

He looked around before spotting Klaus heading for a table by the edge of the room. The guy was weird, sure, but he was alone, and Nico didn't feel like dealing with a big group of people at the moment. He headed over to Klaus, deciding to give the weirdo a shot.

"Has anyone seen Abel?" he asked instead of a greeting. "I didn't think he was really hurt that bad, he was still standing up and all, but he's been gone all afternoon. It was crazy, did you see? He just ripped the thing right out!" Nico laughed, pretending to yank an arrow from his own knee. "I don't even think that dude's human!"

After what had happened during archery, the rest of the activities seemed almost underwhelming in their normalcy. Art and crafts wasn't so bad though - gave a chance for things to calm down a little. She mostly stuck to the only other two girls in the camp. It was no surprise that she would be sitting next to Naomi when the time came for dinner.

"Hey...uh..correct me if I'm wrong but has anyone seen that Abel guy since he got shot?" Really, she was less worried for him (heck, she barely knew him) and more curious about the whole situation.

Last edited:
Klaus looked at the other without much interest. He was one of the guys who had found it very interesting and amusing that David had shot Abel's knee. And he arched an eyebrow.
"He's sitting at that table, and err... I can assure you hes human, i'd know. I kinda live with him" He answered Nico, amused.

Abel waved at Klaus from the table he was sitting at, waiting for everybody to arrive so he could start eating his lasagna. Hope joined him at the table and asked about his knee, he was fine.

After returning in the company of Leon and Hroth, David nervously took his place at the arts and crafts area. Despite the talk with the duo, and the excitement, he was still pretty nervous. He should say sorry. Next time he sees Abel, he should try to at least.

Calming himself, he reaches for the coloured paper. He wasn't much of an artist, he'll he was pretty sure he was the worst here, but he had gone through an origami phase as a kid. He quickly settled into a routine of cutting the paper in half, thencreating a variety of simple animals and things. Sailboats, cranes, a penguin, bunch of other random stuff.

He mostly kept to himself while he did this, his hands moving automatically as he continued to think. He... well he kinda just wanted to sleep. It had been pretty nerve wracking earlier, and the repetitive and uninspiring motion of folding paper did have a sort of soporific effect on him. He gives a yawn as he finishes yet another crane, befor elooking around for something else to do.

Eliza planned an apology and so she spent her arts and crafts time ignoring the birdhouse she was supposed to be painting and instead writing Nico a very prettily written apology. "Nico, I am sorry for stealing your batteries; I have given them to David as he will likely find a use for them that will be entertaining for all. Also, I think you would have missed out on all the excitement if you had been in a video game. I'll tell you the secret for beating level 5 if you promise to stop glaring at me like I'm the devil incarnate." It was signed in a messy scrawl, contradictory to the nice neat handwriting that the rest of the letter was written in.

Hope didn't seem to mind that no one was working on the actual assigned craft. She was too busy going gaga over Justin who was absolutely enamored with Abel, strangely enough. Naturally Justin seemed preoccupied with Abel's injury and would hardly respond to Hope's desperate attempts at conversation.

Adults, Eliza decided, were sometimes worse than teenagers.

Then, because she was bored, she drew slugs from the video game all around the border. Once Abel had called them all to dinner she dropped it in his lap after he'd sat down and then went to sit with Izzy and Naomi. "He's over there," She waved in the general direction she'd last seen Abel a moment okay. "He seems okay, I think." Her face was scrunched up with a little worry. So far no repercussions had happened but she was sure it would come, even if it was an accident, and the redhead was worried for her friend. He'd been quite during crafts so she hadn't prodded at him or poked fun like she normally would have.

"I'm excited for the river," She tried, in order to lighten the mood a bit. Most campers like the river.

Claire, meanwhile, was in the Counselor's bungalow. Each counselor was given some privacy during the day, leaving the campers with the other two or three. She preferred hers during dinner because the day was long and it gave her a chance to breathe. Plus she did not want to be present in the event there was a food fight.

Naomi was fairly unimpressed with arts and crafts. What were they, five year olds? Pretty quickly though, she found herself getting into it, painting the birdhouse sky blue, and even adding little white clouds on the side. She binned it quick though, and prayed that no one saw.

She deconstructed the dinner she was given, eating the pasta and the meat separately. She looked up at Izzy and shrugged. "I think I saw him," she said, but was then interrupted by Eliza. She followed where the redhead pointed, and nodded towards the counsellor as if it wasn't already obvious where he was. "Yeah, he's not dead," she said with a little chuckle.

She slipped a slice of pasta into her mouth. She raised an eyebrow at the river. She knew it existed, of course, but she wasn't actually looking forward to it too much. She finished off what she was eating. "I don't know, man," she admitted. "Won't it be cold?"

"Little bit of cold water never hurt anyone. Besides, if the day is hot enough, who cares how cold it is. It'll probably feel great." Tony half shouted over his music. When left to his own devices, it seemed that he always defaulted back to his music, even if he was in the middle of doing something else. It was a wonder how he hadn't lost his hearing yet. "I'm looking forward to it though. Haven't gotten to swim in awhile, and I'm sure I'll see something beautiful at the river."

The metal-head was working on sketches, and much to the compliment of his own pride, they weren't half bad. It seemed like each of his drawings were logos of some kind, each one containing the words Church of the Doomclock. Probably the name of his band, what with the moniker, the swirling greens and violets, and the hard, black edges that came off as hooks, and horns, and spikes of metal. He was particularly fond of one, the one he was working on at the moment, thankful that it was his off hand that'd been cut by the fletching. That hand was bandaged with a couple of larger-sized band-aids, and plenty of disinfectant gel, so other than the minor discomfort, nothing about it bothered Tony too much.

"Maybe a couple of beautiful somethings. You never know." Mmm...either one of those chicks in a bathing suit.

Leon went with the other boys to the New arts and crafts activity, he was looking forward to archery, but he knew they would get back to that at some point. His focus however, was more on the solid wood logs rather than the flat boards the others were using for their bird houses. Leon began with the Head of the small sculpture with carving tools he had collected from the bin. Carefully he chipped and carved away at the wood, slowly allowing his final product to take form.

He had no interest in what the others were doing, just what what in front of him. Finding his muse he had decided to pick up the pace of his carving, trying to avoid any careless mistakes that he could.

Towards the end his small sculpture was almost fully finished, he had some minor details to clean up but from a glance someone could easily tell what it was.

Sitting with Hroth and David at dinner, Leon barely touched his food. He was still working on the finishing touches of this tiny sculpture. Using the various carving pens to get the fine details started, also having snagged a couple sheets of sandpaper from the work shop.

Everyone seemed to be in good moods, talking among themselves. He looked down at his food. He didn't care much for Lasagna, so he gave his to Hroth if he wanted.

Last edited:
Hroth chowed down as he ate the lasagna. Quickly, he devoured Leon's plate as well. Then, leaning forward towards the other two, he began to talk.

"Hey guys, are we gonna meet up after dark tonight a=or do we want to do it another day?"

"You live with him?" Nico asked in disbelief. "Wait, what? Are you guys like, brothers or something?" He couldn't imagine living with someone that utterly obnoxious. "Wait wait wait, is he like that all the time? All... dancey and weird? Or is that just an act for the campers?" Finding out Abel had family was like when you were a kid and you found out the teacher didn't live at the school. He couldn't picture Abel doing normal, everyday things, acting like a normal, everyday person.

"He's my legal guardian, so yeah like a big brother or... a cousin, since we look nothing alike" Klaus answered, amused. "And he's always like thay when he's happy. It's better if he's all dancey than if he is quiet, believe me"

A quiet Abel was terrifying, Nico had to admit. The counselor hadn't talked to the campers as a group since archery, and everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop. "So just how fucked is David?" Nico asked in a lower voice.

Klaus laughed "I don't think he's fucked?, like... Abel's fine, and its obvious it was an accident. I mean... no offense to David but if he had tried to aim he would've probably failed. I think the people who are fucked are the ones who commented and laughed afterwards. Ya know?" He answered, grinning.

Nico had the sense to look a little embarrassed. He had laughed, at least before he realized Abel had actually been hurt. "I think it was more that people couldn't believe it had actually happened than anything else," he said with a shrug. "But he was pretty terrifying when he was screaming at David like that."

Klaus shrugged as well "Yeah he was a bit scary, he's never yelled at me, but he yells at the guys he brings home sometimes."

It took Nico a second to figure out what that meant. Oh- Abel was gay. Okay. Nico didn't have any problems with that, it had just confused him momentarily. "He yells at them?" Nico's brow pinched in a frown. That disturbed him more than the gay thing. "Really? That's... like, he abuses them, or what?" Abel was a weird guy, but he didn't seem that type.

Klaus furrowed his brow. "Nooo no!, jesus... no. Sometimes they argue because they want something serious, and Abel doesn't do serious dating romantic stuff." He explained, making sure Nico didn't get the wrong idea...

Nico visibly relaxed at the clarification. Not everyone in the world was an asshole, he reminded himself. "He doesn't seem like a long-term romantic commitment kinda guy," he agreed. Jeez, it was weird talking about Abel in any capacity beyond creepiest camp counselor ever, let alone... romance.

Klaus shrugged. "He's had a couple of serious things... but I guess they didn't work out or something. He told me he gets bored easily, something about monogamy not being his thing and all." Klaus answered, hoping Abel didn't mind him sharing this kinda info.

Nico was starting to wonder the same thing. It felt a bit uncomfortable, prying into Abel's personal life. Sure, the guy was a creep, but he was still a guy. "Yeah, well... I dunno. Guess everyone's different," he deflected.

A folded piece of construction paper landed in Nico's lap and he looked up in confusion only in time to see Eliza nearly skipping away in a flounce of red hair. Great. What did she want? He unfolded the note and read it quickly, head snapping up to look for her again when he had finished. He'd known it! Anger flashed on his face for a moment before he grudgingly realized Eliza had a point. If he'd been playing his game, he would have missed Abel getting shot, and that had so far been the most exciting part of the day. Besides, it wasn't like he couldn't play at all anymore, just not until he was allowed to go grab back to his bunk and grab a fresh set of batteries.

Nico read the note again and looked up again to catch Eliza watching him for a reaction. He raised an eyebrow at her before grabbing a pen and scribbling a note of his own on the back of the paper. "Come on," he told Klaus, letting the other boy see both sides of the paper before he stood up. Abandoning his lasagna, he crossed the room and dropped the new note in Eliza's lap as he passed her by.

I knew it! You're a thief. Show me the secret to level five and we're square, then I can kick your butt in PvP mode. Gonna see if David will let me help with whatever he's making.
You're still a bitch, though.
-Nico

When she had finished reading, she would look up to see a bit of a smile on Nico's face. He shrugged at her, then headed off to David's table.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked the older boy, sitting down next to him across from Hroth and Leon. David had seemed pretty shaken up since the archery incident. "Eliza told me she gave you my batteries." He grinned, hoping to cheer David up some by taking about a project. "You can keep 'em, I have extras. But what are you gonna make? Can I help?"

Last edited:
She glanced over in the direction the other two girls gestured to. Oh. Well, alright it wasn't like she was expecting Abel to be dead or anything. Izzy took her time chewing the pasta. It was, surprisingly, decently cook. Huh, maybe the horror stories she'd heard from her elder siblings about summer camp meals weren't true after all.

"Wait..river? We're not swimming there are we?" It sure sounded like swimming (or wading?) in there was the plan. She had packed in her swimsuit just in case but she was expecting something more along the lines of a shallow pond rather than a river. "Is that safe?"

Klaus wasn't particularly interested in talking to David, though, much less Hroth... he didn't have anything against David. But the second kid he didn't like him much. "I'll seeya later" He told Nico, choosing to sit with the girls instead.

"Err... hello" He said, sitting in front of Naomi and by Eliza's side. Why did he get nervous whenever he talked to these three people. And more important why couldn't there be any ugly girls at the camp?, at least that way he'd be able to talk to them.

She acknowledged Anthony as he sat with them. "It might be a little cold," she shrugged, "But it's a lot of fun and it's not as rigid as some of the other activities. It's more like 'go play'."

She got the feeling he wasn't talking about the camp scenery but she grinned, anyway, and said "Yeah, full of pretty flowers on the nearby field." Her attention kept flicking back to Nico, gauging his response to her letter. He looked mad but by the time he looked at her, he just raised a brow and started scribbling his own note. She had a feeling they would be fine.

To Izzy, the redheaded nodded. "Yeah. It's deep enough that you can swim around. Some parts are like... ankle deep and other parts waist deep. It will be a lot of fun." She was trying to be reassuring. A note dropped in her lap and she looked up at Nico walking by. When she picked it up and read it, the Irish girl laughed out loud and gave him a thumbs up. "I know!" She called after him and then turned her attention to the little group at their table, soon after joined by Klaus. "Hi," she greeted.

The earlier incident of him standing outside their bungalow had not been forgotten, but she was nice enough.

Naomi pursed her lips at Antony's remark. It would take a deaf person to not see the alternative meaning. She was glad that Eliza steered the conversation away. "I hope it's a warm day, at least," she said, eating some more of her dinner, and then putting her fork down and pushing the plate away from her.

She carefully and curiously eyed the note that was dropped in Eliza's lap. As soon as the redhead was finished, she snatched the note away. She held it tightly in both hands, half expecting it to be some sort of cringey love note that Eliza wouldn't want anyone to see. Once she was finished, she sighed, and then snickered. "So you did take them. Not that I'm surprised," she dropped the note back into the other girl's lap.

She looked towards whoever had sat in front of her, and her eyebrows lowered unenthusiastically. That guy. Mr Awkward McStandsOutsideOfGirlsBungalows. "Hey," she said plainly, still pretty judgemental.

Leon was almost finished with his sculpture when another kid came over to them, OH its just Nico, "More hands on a project Can be good, but we don't want to draw more attention to ourselve," Leon looked over at Hroth, "We can definitely go in the night and look into the Kitchen again, But we dont need the guard to see us,"

Before anyone could ask him what he meant by Guard, he gently set the statue on the table, the Likeness of which looked like Abel in Skyrim Guard armor, with an arrow in his knee.

"Honestly, I don't know what the temperature will be like. I'm not exactly from around here. For all I know, this place could have one of those freak mid-summer snow storms, and no one native would bat an eye." He'd shrug, getting back to work on his art. Naomi seemed like the always on-guard type. Which sorta sucked, but hey, at this point, might as well focus on her.

Then again...Claire had almost taken the cigarette. He'd seen it in her eyes.

It was then that Klaus joined them. With as welcoming a smile as he could muster, he'd pull off his headset and give the weirdo from earlier a nod. "Hey man, whats up?"

Klaus was glad that they'd at least say hi. He didn't think two of the girls liked him much, and he didn't know about Anthony at all.
"Not much... arts and crafts were alright." He answered, smiling nervously. He liked Anthony, he wore piercings too.
"What do you guys want to do after dinner? We have some free time as long as we stay in the camp" he asked.

"Of course I did," snorted Eliza, taking the note and sticking it in her pocket. "And he's not even mad about it anymore."

She grinned, pleased with herself and the small accomplishment. "Weeeellllll," she looked around at their group and the other table. "There's always truth or dare? They don't supervise that closely during free time."

Back