Mr. Moonglade's Extraordinary Orphanage

Remi spun around at Madi and Xylia's suggestions. He dug out a pink dress shirt with the cuffs to be folded up to the elbow. It was a lovely shirt. And maroon, maroon. Good call. He pulled out a turtleneck in the colour and put it up to Dusk, tapping his lip thoughtfully. He added it to the pile he'd made in Dusk's arms with a light blue button up, a dark blue one with grey stripes, and a cpuple of baseball tees. "Try them on," he said. "And I think Madi was thinking flowers for Xylia, darling," he grinned. Spinning around, he eyes Xylia's shirts. She agreed with Madi. The floral print was nice. And ironic. "I like the crops," he said. "Good shape on you."
He spun around as Haji entered the shop. "Aha!" he said. "About time. Right." He moved over to the side where he had put a few other things, including a long jumper that had a deep hood and folding layers at the bottom that would essentially cover her to knee. "Please try this on, Haji. It's stylish and makes sure no-one can see you."

Dusk sighed, making his way over to the changing room, arms full of clothing either too girly for him or simply not his color. "What have I gotten myself into..." he groans, closing the room door. He began by taking off his shirt, and then moving onto the next shirt; over and over again he did this. After trying on a few shirts, his eyes went to his pants remembering the comment Remi made about how he looked in human legs. As normal as he felt, Duskly couldn't help but miss being in his bigger size as a centaur. It'd only been about two hours an he's already missing his old self.

Osiria gazed lovingly at the snakes in the pet shop. A small corn snake in particular had caught her eye, and she had been admiring it for a while. It was so adorable, just napping in its tank. She also looked at some of the cats and dogs, but eventually pulled herself from the shop. She didn't want to buy a pet without consulting the others.

Osiria searched for a while. She had no idea where everyone had gone. Luckily, they stood out from the crowd, and Osiria caught a glimpse of Xylia's red hair in a shop. Pushing through the wave of people, she made her way towards them. As she entered the shop, she saw Remi dig out a couple shirts, before dumping them in Dusk's arms. She gave them a quick wave, and jogged over.

"Ok. Floral and crop tops it is!" She responded, stuffing the other ones back in the rack just as she saw Osiria coming over. "Oh hey! Where have you been?" She asked, genuinely happy to see her. Seems like everyone was coming back together as a group and it gave her a nice blanket of security. She switched her bags over to one arm and checked the price tags. Mmm, she's spent more on just one shirt, that's for sure. Looking at Madi, she wondered if she would like something from this store as well. She decided against asking her and would just wait and see if she saw anything she liked and then she would buy it for her. With Dusk in the dressing room, she had time to wait so she sat the bags on the floor next to her and pulled out her phone, deciding to be bold and text the guy, V.

Haji looked at the jumper,thinking about the two marks on her calves. Unless she wore long socks they would show. She took them with a questioning look at the pile of clothes.
"Sure." She said with a bit of a grimace as she took the clothes Remi had put out for her. He was a good friend, but he didn't really know her tastes. She looked for a dressing room, heading over to the one with a female icon. First she put on the jumper along with a long sleeved shirt. She didn't have any socks and wanted to get through this as quick as possible. As she looked in the mirror, she saw Yub and Vesrei clearly visible on her legs. Hopefully they'll just look like tattoos or something.

(Notifications... I just got one. Sorry for answering so late!)

"What?" Maria's eyebrow raised, hr voice a clear deadpan. The brunette pushed back her seat. Her heart pulsed warily, like it was just waiting for a chance to lash out.

"I didn't mean to say that," Kardia answered quickly. "I just- um- I-"

Truth. Maybe the truth would work? At the very least she'd think xe was just wrong in the head. Best chance xe had without forcing xemself into the Heart Realm deep enough that xe lost consciousness. In a crowded area, that was the equivalent of mental suicide.

"I'm- I'm so sorry my magic got out of hand," xe stuttered out. "I've never been this careless!" Lies, lies all of it, but she couldn't read hearts, right? She couldn't tell.

Right. She couldn't possibly know. No way. No way.

Xe fought the urge to walk out of the mall and head back to the orphanage. Xe really didn't know the way.

Some time passes by and eventually, Dusk pops out of the dressing room with somewhat of an tired look. He sighs before following up with "I don't think i'm going to buy anything. I-It doesn't feel right either, sneaking out like this without Mr. Moonglade's permission. I thought it would go away but..." he trails off, shaking his head. "I know we've only been here for a couple of hours, but after we check out the book store for Madi, we ought to leave as soon as possible."

Osiria grinned and waved at Dusk when he popped out, before looking for clothes herself. Something simple would do for now, she had got a bit overboard with stuff for her room. Apparently the others were going to the bookstore, so she also didn’t want to take too long. Sorting through the hoodies, she pulled out a light pink one and held it up to her chest, before checking the label. Medium. Perfect! Grabbing it, she motioned to the checkout.

“Just gonna get this!” She told them, before hurrying over to the counter.

Haji tried on several other things and all showed at least one mark other than her active one. This wasn't going well. Changing back to her cloak, she took the clothes and returned to Remi.
"To short. Anything longer?" She asked, a bit annoyed and wanting to get out of this place. There usually wasn't a great selection of Cloaks or other similar stuff, she usually just took fabric and used a needle made from something lying around that was suitable with Yub. Store bought stuff was only in her socks and shoes, and the fabric that she used.

Remi raised an eyebrow at her. "Can't you just wear jeans?" He had found a few shirts and whatnot himself. There were a few waistcoats around here that suited him, as well as some long shirts and deeply cut v-necks. He had another pair of skinny jeans and long overalls.
He grabbed his favourite of Dusk's shirts and added it to his pile and headed to the counter.
"Ok let's check out!" he called. "Book shop, right? Who are we missing?"

"Right. I'm gonna just... leave. Yeah, that's a great idea." Maria stood, taking her doughnuts and heading fr the counter. "See you never, then, stalker girl."

Kardia scowled. Xe wasn't a girl. Sometimes xe wanted to hit people who did that so loudly.

Then again, xe thought, watching as the woman left, she wouldn't be around to call xem that anymore. Great. Honestly very great.

Xe checked the time on the large clock hanging on the cream-painted walls. Had they left for the mall a long time before? Kardia shrugged to xemself. Whatever, then. The others would find xem eventually, and if not... xe could look for their hearts? A horrible idea, given the sheer mass of them inside, but the only option in that situation.

Shifting her bags in her arms once again, Xylia wished that she could just sit them all down on a vine and let it do all the work for her but sadly, they were still in public. Following the others, she looked around the groups of people in the mall thinking of who they were missing. “Hey where’s Kardia?” She asked, stopping suddenly, managing to bump into the second unlucky person of the afternoon. “We have to find her before we head in the book store.” She wasn’t sure if the others saw where she had gone but panic began to creep through her body as she searched the passing faces for their friend.

(Whoops)

Osiria rejoined the group as they left. She turned her head at Xylia’s question, and furrowed her brow. Kardia hadn’t seemed like a talker. In fact, they probably didn’t like people at all.

“Is there a cafe or something? One that’s kinda weird? That people don’t like?” She figured that this was their best bet. An empty cafe seemed like the perfect place for Kardia.

“Then again, maybe they need something, and went into a shop.” Osiria shrugged. “Then again, I’m new. Not really familiar with any of your habits- whoop!” Osiria stopped short in front a crowd of tiny people. No, not tiny people. Children. She danced around the group, trying not to step on any of them. Why did people bring their children to the mall? Why would anyone have so many children?

(Sorry for not posting)

Giving a small huff, Dusk decides he needs a moment of air to help clear up all the stressful thoughts running through him. "I think I need a minute..." He then nudges Remi before quickly exiting the store and walking a little ways from it and sitting in the resting area. My god...where was this anxiety when I was about to come here. I-I would've stayed for sure if this is how bad the guilt would be...
"H-Hey, Dusk is it, right?" said a cheery voice. "How come you ran away from me the first time?" Looking upwards, Dusk saw the dirty blonde haired boy he'd met from before give him a wink and a smile. His skin too was dark like Dusks but not as much and he had a ton of freckles. The boy's eyes were strangely lizard-like in shape and two tan horns stuck atop his head through his hair.
"O-Oh, um, s-sorry about that Templton. I saw my friends I was looking for and I kinda had to bolt before i'd lose them again."
"I see, I see, well, since we're here, I guess I oughta meet the bunch. Where are they?" Temp looked around with a hand over his eyes to mimic shielding them from the sun despite being indoors.
"They're inside the store. I-I just needed some time to think on my own a little."
"Well then, that's what happens when you break the rules..." he giggles.
Dusk froze as he said those words. "H-How did you-"
"Hahahaha!" The boy broke out hysterically. "Your so silly Dusk. I'm only messing with you, don't ya know. But really, you'd ought to be lucky you bumped into me...most gifted tend to be quite snappish."
The teen sat there, opening his mouth, yet no words came out. He had no idea what to say until he forced it. "Y-Yeah, heh. Boy am I lucky..."

Remi frowned as they left the shop. Honestly, this lot didn't know how to just relax and have a good time. The mall was meant to be enjoyed, not raced through. Still, he had a new pair of designer jeans and some cute tops to walk away with. This bookshop idea didn't sound very exciting though.
"Kardia'll be fine. Look, Osiria's with them now," he grumped.
He didn't want to read. He wondered if he could find some video games or something instead.
Dusk nudged him, shouldering his way through the crowd and Osiria's newfound gaggle of children.
An eyebrow raised, Remi gladly left the others and followed, weaving through the crowd with a self-confidence of someone who knew how to walk through shadows and loved the chance to let other people get out of his way.
Dusk was talking to some kid. A weird looking kid. He had lizard eyes and horns, and that, and the fact that he was speaking privately to Dusk, made him very interesting indeed. Dusk, however, didn't seem to be overly enjoying himself. His eyes were wide, his posture crumpled, and his stutter evident. There was a pretty high chance that Dusk was just startled by social interaction, but given the kid had horns, Remi guessed something a little more involved was going on. And he found he wasn't entirely pleased with some kid making Dusk make that face. Only he was allowed to make Dusk look that nervous.
Remi slung an arm over Dusk's shoulder and raised an eyebrow at the new kid, smirking. "What are you doing meeting up with pretty boys without me, Dusk?" he asked.

Haji instantly felt anxious when both Dusk and Remi left. They were still very much in public and there was nothing good about that. She looked at where they went, trying to see why they left. They were talking to... someone. As she saw the Horns and the lizard eyes, she started getting nervous. Another new person? But they weren’t at the orphanage... this had trouble written all over it.
“Madi... why are they talking to that person?” She said, barely loud enough to hear. This was not good.

Temp's crimson eyes brightened and wide grin smile. "So, i'm guessing this one of the many in your group you were talking about, eh Dusk?" He puts his hand to his chin and looks Remi up and down, nodding. "Boy, your lucky alright Dusk. Seems you've got a pretty good looking friend indeed. Are all your friends like him?"
"Erm, well I-" Dusk mumbled. "D-Define like him?"
"Hmm, flambuoyant I think the word is... Either way, good to meet you friend! I'm Templon, and I think you and I will get along quite well...hehe" He extends a hand out waiting to be grasped by Remi's.

Back