Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching in awe as Fantasma blasted the monster back to the Hell that spawned it, Nikki was speechless. She had only heard hushed whispers and stern warnings concerning the incantation, Avada Kedavra. The words were always spoken like a putrid curse; a fiendish weapon used only by the lowest of the low which guaranteed immediate death upon its target. As if it weren't shocking enough to watch Fantasma so boldly wield it with a bravado she had only ever seen in him when meeting one-on-one, the beast had withstood the first two casts. Twice over did it cheat death.

She was snapped out of her trance when Rio announced he had found something, and immediately did she dash to his side to take a peek inside the hatch herself. Nikki was overcome with a morbid curiosity while she watched the viscous, inky black liquid spill out of the stone walls and slowly fill the storage cellar, coming into contact with potion reagents and brewing tools. After falling into another, albeit shorter trance, Nikki breathed a sharp gasp and her head snapped up straight to view the slain beast slumped in a charred corner of the room.

"Don't touch anything?" Nikki loudly parroted the words, turning to Fantasma with a scowl, "This black sludge is touching everything! It's ruining Swagglebone's whole inventory! And that- thing- could've been in here chugging potions, or just...wrecking them!" mouthed off the shook Ravenclaw, coming to stand and wildly gesture out towards the monster in question, "Is there a potion that resists magic? Or curses? Or, no, maybe this anomaly of an undocumented hell-creature reacts to potions differently? Reacts to spells differently?" Nikki continued.

Past a certain point, she began to sound less like she was worried, and more like she was just confused and trying to work out every possibility in the vain hope of stumbling upon a eureka moment. It sure appeared as though she had, though, as she soon fell silent, and narrowed her eyes at the downed beast, then turned to peer down the hatch again.
"Or perhaps..." Nikki murmured, brusquely brushing past anyone standing between her and the monster as she brandished a short knife. Kneeling before its corpse, Nikki cautiously held her knife to its arm, and firmly pressed the blade against its hide and attempted a horizontal incision, seeking to draw blood with a small vial held ready to collect it.

Nikki's fuzzy ears jumped upon catching the professor's mumblings, and the costumed Ravenclaw was hasty in her reaction. "Wha-" she first stuttered as she whipped around to again stare down Fantasma with a scowl, "Another victim? Who was the first victim?! Is there more than one victim?!" Nikki grilled the professor with real concern returning to her voice. She paused however; taking a breather while gears turned in her head, "...did you know about this thing beforehand?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Glostechk

It took Nikki awhile to draw blood from the monster due to its thick hide but finally the blade broke skin and allowed some blood to seep out from the wound.

To the accusations Professor Fantasma's brow started to sweat profusely. "I-I just misspoke." He responded. "T-These are things that...h-how could we have known? W-Why hide it from the students? I-It's really absurd really..."

Before he could say anything else another voice came from the air. "Yes, things like these would be informed to the students." Professor McGonagall had arrived into the classroom to which she quickly closes the door behind her and put the locking spell on the door so that no one could enter or exit. "You thought this was a good idea, Finnegan? Perhaps not the best extra curriculum activity." She looked over the students there and spotted Rio. "And I see Mr Myre is back at it again as well...this is a proper mess isn't it?"

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Glostechk @Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun

Melody nodded at Rolian, even if she didn’t understand Dutch, she still got the fact that she wasn’t needed. Or that pranking people with magic might give her detention
“Uh, yes, I’ve got that. In that case then..Gotta go! I’ve got a book to read!”
Melody ran off quickly, out the populated hall into a darker hallway and then a dark room, where she locked the door and began to read her potions book, liking yet disliking her solitude.
“Polyjuice potion, interesting. Ah, it’s a bit dark here, Lumos! I hate the dark, but this should be bright enough to ward away any dark-lurking evil.”
@Jeremi

It took Nikki awhile to draw blood from the monster due to its thick hide but finally the blade broke skin and allowed some blood to seep out from the wound.

To the accusations Professor Fantasma's brow started to sweat profusely. "I-I just misspoke." He responded. "T-These are things that...h-how could we have known? W-Why hide it from the students? I-It's really absurd really..."

Before he could say anything else another voice came from the air. "Yes, things like these would be informed to the students." Professor McGonagall had arrived into the classroom to which she quickly closes the door behind her and put the locking spell on the door so that no one could enter or exit. "You thought this was a good idea, Finnegan? Perhaps not the best extra curriculum activity." She looked over the students there and spotted Rio. "And I see Mr Myre is back at it again as well...this is a proper mess isn't it?"

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Glostechk @Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun

Another victim? Kit looked up at Professor Fantasma confused, before turning his attention to Professor McGonagall.

"Huh?" he muttered, before looking at his brother. "What is she talking about, Rio?" he was so confused. What did his brother do? Whatever it was, it had to be dangerous if his big brother was 'back at it again' as McGoganall put it.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Glostechk @FantasmaCommotion

Ian Miles IV

Ian looked over at Alcander. " I would definitely hide that vial. I have a feeling that getting caught it will be some big trouble, even if Grammy gave it to you. Denial is a friend. Though I wonder... " he mumbled the last bit, wondering if the food had always been related to the houses.

@dark @Jeremi

Of all the people to show up now...Rio had the worst luck. Maybe she wouldn't say anything about him being here. Maybe he would be lucky and-

"And I see Mr Myre is back at it again as well...this is a proper mess isn't it?"

Fuuuuuuuuck.

And now Kit was asking what was going on. Oh, this was bad, this was really bad. "Um...well, uh...remember when we went to Hagrid's hut, Kit? I kinda wasn't, uh, y'know...supposed to." His awkwardness went away, though, as he wanted to ask McGonagall a question that had been bothering him. "Professor, what is this thing? Do you know? Was it the cause of...y'know..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Kaykay @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun

"Now wouldn't that be something!" Gloriosa exclaimed in excitement. "I'll totally back you up if you plan on doing something with that!"

@MelodyMeister @Donder172
"I... eh... I will... tell you when I do!" Rolien said determinedly.
Melody nodded at Rolian, even if she didn’t understand Dutch, she still got the fact that she wasn’t needed. Or that pranking people with magic might give her detention
“Uh, yes, I’ve got that. In that case then..Gotta go! I’ve got a book to read!”
Melody ran off quickly, out the populated hall into a darker hallway and then a dark room, where she locked the door and began to read her potions book, liking yet disliking her solitude.
“Polyjuice potion, interesting. Ah, it’s a bit dark here, Lumos! I hate the dark, but this should be bright enough to ward away any dark-lurking evil.”
@Jeremi
"Eh... Bye..." Rolien said towards Melody before she ran off.

It seemed it was a little too late to not be alerting other teachers now. Though perhaps this teacher in particular could be considered separate from the others. She was the one teacher who should have known about some of their misadventures two months ago, after all.

"Would be informed?" Wisteria asked. "So that means normally we would've already known about this, right? Why don't we know about it then, Professor?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun

Another victim? Kit looked up at Professor Fantasma confused, before turning his attention to Professor McGonagall.

"Huh?" he muttered, before looking at his brother. "What is she talking about, Rio?" he was so confused. What did his brother do? Whatever it was, it had to be dangerous if his big brother was 'back at it again' as McGoganall put it.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Neko Shogun @Kaykay @Glostechk @FantasmaCommotion
Of all the people to show up now...Rio had the worst luck. Maybe she wouldn't say anything about him being here. Maybe he would be lucky and-

"And I see Mr Myre is back at it again as well...this is a proper mess isn't it?"

Fuuuuuuuuck.

And now Kit was asking what was going on. Oh, this was bad, this was really bad. "Um...well, uh...remember when we went to Hagrid's hut, Kit? I kinda wasn't, uh, y'know...supposed to." His awkwardness went away, though, as he wanted to ask McGonagall a question that had been bothering him. "Professor, what is this thing? Do you know? Was it the cause of...y'know..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Kaykay @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun

"It's a thing that does not belong."
She replied walking up to the monster. "And yes, Mr Myre. It was." She sighed shaking her head in frustration. "This will be hard to keep out from Umbridge's eyes, but it can still be done."

It seemed it was a little too late to not be alerting other teachers now. Though perhaps this teacher in particular could be considered separate from the others. She was the one teacher who should have known about some of their misadventures two months ago, after all.

"Would be informed?" Wisteria asked. "So that means normally we would've already known about this, right? Why don't we know about it then, Professor?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun

"Because," She turned to face Wisteria. "Umbridge can not know, if she does everything will be forfeit, your future as well as your lives. This can not come out. You are lucky most of the school are eating the Halloween feast so there is still time, but you have to trust me. This never happened tonight. Can all of you repeat it back to me. This never happened." Professor McGonagall motioned to Fantasma. "I and Professor Fantasma will sort this out. You need to disappear back to either your respective dorms or to the feast. Do you all understand?"

@Kaykay @Takumi @Yun Lee @Ver @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun

"But... Professor McGonagall!" Juno began, increasingly perplexed as she found the old woman to be acting strange. Still, even as she began speaking, it was then that she realized she didn't know what she wanted to say. The by-the-books part of her opposed the idea of keeping secrets -- especially such a dangerous one -- from Headmistress Umbridge, and yet, after her experience with Rio and others last time a few months ago, there was a part in her heart that prevented her from speaking out any further, but she couldn't place her finger on it.

Pushing words out of her throat like she was choking on them, Juno looked down. "I... Y-Yes, Professor McGonagall. I understand..." She said with a low voice, evidently conflicted with herself. Authority figures colluding against each other? Someone in Juno's position ought to warn the Headmistress herself for all the secrets being kept from her, and yet, at the same time, she could not bring herself to say that they were wrong. It was as though her very vision became grey there and now, fitting too as color seemed to leave the girl's complexion.

"But... One more thing, if I may... You'll... definitely do everything in your power to keep anyone else from getting hurt, right? Please... This can't go on," she said, looking up now to face the older woman.

@Kaykay @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun

"...this never happened." Rio looked down as he said it, eyes on the monster. That killed Sandra...poor kid. And it could've...it could've gotten Kit. It had been right there, looming over his head, and Rio was powerless against it. If McGonagall wanted him to keep out of this shit, he would now. Kit was never going to be in danger like that again.

Rio put his arm around his brother's shoulder. "C'mon, Kit. Let's go back to the Great Hall."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Neko Shogun

"But... Professor McGonagall!" Juno began, increasingly perplexed as she found the old woman to be acting strange. Still, even as she began speaking, it was then that she realized she didn't know what she wanted to say. The by-the-books part of her opposed the idea of keeping secrets -- especially such a dangerous one -- from Headmistress Umbridge, and yet, after her experience with Rio and others last time a few months ago, there was a part in her heart that prevented her from speaking out any further, but she couldn't place her finger on it.

Pushing words out of her throat like she was choking on them, Juno looked down. "I... Y-Yes, Professor McGonagall. I understand..." She said with a low voice, evidently conflicted with herself. Authority figures colluding against each other? Someone in Juno's position ought to warn the Headmistress herself for all the secrets being kept from her, and yet, at the same time, she could not bring herself to say that they were wrong. It was as though her very vision became grey there and now, fitting too as color seemed to leave the girl's complexion.

"But... One more thing, if I may... You'll... definitely do everything in your power to keep anyone else from getting hurt, right? Please... This can't go on," she said, looking up now to face the older woman.

@Kaykay @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Otto @Neko Shogun
"...this never happened." Rio looked down as he said it, eyes on the monster. That killed Sandra...poor kid. And it could've...it could've gotten Kit. It had been right there, looming over his head, and Rio was powerless against it. If McGonagall wanted him to keep out of this shit, he would now. Kit was never going to be in danger like that again.

Rio put his arm around his brother's shoulder. "C'mon, Kit. Let's go back to the Great Hall."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Neko Shogun

Professor McGonagall placed an arm on Juno's shoulder and gave her an assuring smile. "I promise that no longer will anyone get hurt in these school walls." With a flick of her wand she unlocked the door to the classroom. "But secrecy is what will allow us to make that a reality. Now go, quickly. This will be sorted by tomorrow."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Kaykay @Otto @Archmage Jeremiah @Glostechk @Neko Shogun

Chapter 3 – Memento Mori

The rest of the night went on with out any problems as the group who had fought the monster left the professor to clean up the mess and allow the students to celebrate the last hours of Halloween and eat their food. Perhaps tomorrow was going to be a better day.

November 1, 2002

Friday morning and no sudden meetings in the Great Hall or no rumors swirling around the student body. Seemed like Professor McGonagall and Fantasma seemed to have managed to clean up the mess that had been done the night before. 7th graders that had been there could confirm it as they had their morning potion classes. No trace of the monster or the fight could be found. Another bullet had been dodged, later that day as well the student body got some good news as well. The travel ban had been lifted. Tomorrow they were going to Hogsmeade.

November 2, 2002

There had been a sudden drop in temperature during the night causing the students to wake up to a light blanket of snow covering the land. Gathering all the necessary things the students, including first and second years, were allowed to visit Hogsmeade’s for the day. How the ban had been lifted and why no one could say, but none of the students were going to look a gift horse in the mouth for a chance to visit the town. Especially after all that had happened it was no doubt a nice change of pace for some of the students.

Hogsmeade was a picturesque little village of cottages and shops, perfect for any student to spend their coin in cafés or any possible things they wished to procure, edible or otherwise. For now the village stood open for whatever the students planned on doing for today.

Cast list:

@Glostechk as Adele Dumont (Gryffindor)
@dark as Alcander Montanari (Slytherin)
@Blacksmith as Caleb Cato (Gryffindor)
@York as Gavin Bently (Ravenclaw)
@Lucky as Ian Miles the fourth (Slytherin)
@Pretentious Pineapple as Isolde Adalynn Draupnir (Hufflepuff)
@Gummi Bunnies as Julius Kerrigan (Ravenclaw)
@Ver as Juno Post (Ravenclaw)
@Otto as Keith Carter (Gryffindor)
@Takumi as Kit Myre (Hufflepuff)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lloyd Whitaker (Ravenclaw)
@Khan of the Mardu as Martha Pleiades (Slytherin)
@MelodyMeister as Melody Cristala (Gryffindor)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Nikki T. Hilton-Lynn (Ravenclaw)
@Yun Lee as Rio Myre (Gryffindor)
@Donder172 as Rolien Langenberg (Ravenclaw)
@Josh as Ross Rhodes (Hufflepuff)
@Neko Shogun as Samael Rossi (Slytherin)
@Raptor Jesus as Stanley George Edwards (Hufflepuff)
@Kaykay as Wisteria King (Hufflepuff)
@Cromartous as Yaser Branblesnap (Hufflepuff)​

Rio couldn't be happier with this turn of events. Finally, things were going right! Getting to go on a trip to Hogsmeade, McGonagall saving their asses, man, things would be going great today, he could feel it.

First off, he slipped a note to Isolde: Meet me at Madam Puddifoot's for lunch. He had barelt gotten to see his girlfriend, and now was the perfect time to reconnect. Changing his hair to a nice periwinkle to match the frosty world around them, Rio would make a beeline for Splintwitches Sporting Needs. He desperately missed catching up on Quidditch during this crazy semester-it was time to keep things going.

@Jeremi @Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Josh @Anyone​

Chapter 3 – Memento Mori

The rest of the night went on with out any problems as the group who had fought the monster left the professor to clean up the mess and allow the students to celebrate the last hours of Halloween and eat their food. Perhaps tomorrow was going to be a better day.

November 1, 2002

Friday morning and no sudden meetings in the Great Hall or no rumors swirling around the student body. Seemed like Professor McGonagall and Fantasma seemed to have managed to clean up the mess that had been done the night before. 7th graders that had been there could confirm it as they had their morning potion classes. No trace of the monster or the fight could be found. Another bullet had been dodged, later that day as well the student body got some good news as well. The travel ban had been lifted. Tomorrow they were going to Hogsmeade.

November 2, 2002

There had been a sudden drop in temperature during the night causing the students to wake up to a light blanket of snow covering the land. Gathering all the necessary things the students, including first and second years, were allowed to visit Hogsmeade’s for the day. How the ban had been lifted and why no one could say, but none of the students were going to look a gift horse in the mouth for a chance to visit the town. Especially after all that had happened it was no doubt a nice change of pace for some of the students.

Hogsmeade was a picturesque little village of cottages and shops, perfect for any student to spend their coin in cafés or any possible things they wished to procure, edible or otherwise. For now the village stood open for whatever the students planned on doing for today.

Cast list:

Rio couldn't be happier with this turn of events. Finally, things were going right! Getting to go on a trip to Hogsmeade, McGonagall saving their asses, man, things would be going great today, he could feel it.

First off, he slipped a note to Isolde: Meet me at Madam Puddifoot's for lunch. He had barelt gotten to see his girlfriend, and now was the perfect time to reconnect. Changing his hair to a nice periwinkle to match the frosty world around them, Rio would make a beeline for Splintwitches Sporting Needs. He desperately missed catching up on Quidditch during this crazy semester-it was time to keep things going.

@Jeremi @Pretentious Pineapple @Takumi @Josh @Anyone​

After everything that had happened, Kit was more than happy for the change in pace after the nightmare that was in the potions classroom days ago. He found it difficult to sleep the past few nights but he did eventually by tiring himself out, simply by scribbling simple mathematics on a piece of paper he'd have on his person or whatnot late at night until his brain couldn't keep a train of thought and his eyes grew heavy until he'd fall asleep did the trick.

Kit's eyes lit up at the thought of going to Hogsmeade, and once there a small smile made it's way to his features as he watched his brother instantly head off to the sporting goods store. Of course.

This quaint little village was cute in it's own way, so he was going to try and enjoy it and not nag or bother Rio about his one track mind with sports.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Pretentious Pineapple @Neko Shogun @Anyone

Chapter 3: Changing Seasons

After a full day had passed following a truly devious discovery, Nikki could not be happier to be taking part in the school trip to Hogsmeade. The studious Ravenclaw had awoken bright and early the morning of; her possessions packed away and her outfit for the day chosen an easy two hours before her housemates were awake; and was raring to escape the building house of cards Hogwarts was turning out to be. Disillusioned after only two months, Nikki was desperate for some fresh Autumn air to cool her nerves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon arrival, Nikki stopped to close her eyes and breathe, but found herself unable. Despite having left the stuffy confines of dusty old Hogwarts, the number of students let loose upon the small town of Hogsmeade, combined with its inhabitants, left her with no room to breathe. Shuffling anxiously through the massive gathering of wizards, she was greeted by no short supply of hot bodies and unfamiliar faces. Practically choking amidst all the stress and negative emotion, Nikki's blue eyes shone as they peered through the alleys that laid between the town's buildings, which all gave way to the wide-open, snowy expanse that surrounded Hogsmeade, filled with a notable absence of people, or any apparent life.

Like a drowning swimmer desperate for air, Nikki raced to breach the crowd in her single-minded goal to escape into the alleys and beyond. Walking against the back-and-forth flow of traffic, the anxious Ravenclaw wasn't above pushing and shoving her way past sophomore students and native children alike in her distress. Upon stumbling into the alleyway she sought, she breathed deep of the biting wind, and glanced one last time into the crowd before continuing on away from the crowd with the hood of her black cloak veiling her face in shadow, and her matching black robes disguising the rest of her form as well.

Her goal and drive now evident in her long, confident strides, Nikki stopped not once to give a local so much as a glance, or a fellow student so much as a word of direction. Vaulting over fences and treading lightly across the fresh snow with a strikingly feline grace, Nikki made short work of leaving Hogsmeade behind, and continued on a considerable distance, only stopping before a short stone outcropping peeking its head out from underneath its blanket of white. Drawing her wand, she traced an arrow towards the rock into the air, firmly speaking the incantation
"Incendio" and briefly engulfing the rock in flames. The snow immediately around it was melted, but nothing obvious happened to the rock. Allowing herself a smile at the fact she had summoned fire with her mind, she sheathed her wand and drew back her hood.

Her hair remained cut short, but was now a silvery white, as was the fur lining her face. The notably black tufts of fur emerging from the tips of her pointed ears stood stiff when they were exposed to the cold, as did the excess fur that sagged off the ends of her cheeks. Nikki didn't stop there, however; opting to shed her cloak; and even her robes; entirely, stuffing them both into her satchel. Stood now, protected from the cold only by a thick coat of silvery white fur; yet thoroughly so; Nikki sat herself down cross-legged upon the spot on the stone she had heated beforehand. With her eyes shut and her back facing Hogsmeade, Nikki sat up straight and tall. Her chest puffed outward with every deep breath while she enjoyed the trip from afar, where the happenings about Hogsmeade were little more than ambient noise guiding her meditation.

@Glostechk @dark @Blacksmith @York @Lucky @Pretentious Pineapple @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Otto @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Khan of the Mardu @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Donder172 @Josh @Neko Shogun @Raptor Jesus @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi

@open to interact

It wasn't just the students that had decided to visit Hogsmeade on this snowy Saturday morning.

Professor Maximus had been seen heading to the Dogweed and Deathcap, no doubt trying to find something new for her herbology classes.

Professor Swagglebone on the other hand had been seen at the Three Broomsticks one of the popular local pubs and inns. Who knows what he was up to in there.

Finally Professor Fantasma was seen going to Honeydukes, the local sweet shop.

For now the village was still quaint and welcoming friendly faces where ever the students went. Perhaps at times a bit unnaturally so.

@Everyone

Chapter 3 – Memento Mori

November 1, 2002

November 2, 2002

Cast list:

Rolien spend most of her free time during the 1st of November in the Library. Her search parameter being mostly on creating spells, rather than already existing spells. Any questions being brought towards her would be in a combination of English and Dutch about trying to create a spell for the purpose of translation of languages. Being mostly specific about her native language and English. She too asked questions to teachers and older students regarding this. While trying to make small steps, it would've been very obvious that she would be not even close of even making a good attempt due to her lack of experience and language barrier which she tries to break.

At the second day of November, she was one of the later students of Ravenclaw to wake up. Fortunately, she did have winter clothes with her from home. She also had a little bit of money with her. However, this might not be too useful here as it was about 5 euros. The currency only implemented at the beginning of the year in the Netherlands. However, she did have 1 gulden with her as well. Which was the older currency used in the Netherlands. Which while still had value, was useless as currency. While not entirely thinking of buying something, it was useful to have something with her in case she does find something.
As Rolien walks into the small village, she looked around with interest. While from a city, the town itself was still very interesting to the young student. Greeting those who greeted her, though with a Dutch accent which made it quite obvious to the locals that she was not native English. As she walked further, she notices the shop called 'Honeydukes'. After a moment of looking through the window, she enters the shop. Though with difficulty due to the crowd. Which she wasn't unfamiliar with due to her time in Amsterdam.
It wasn't just the students that had decided to visit Hogsmeade on this snowy Saturday morning.

Professor Maximus had been seen heading to the Dogweed and Deathcap, no doubt trying to find something new for her herbology classes.

Professor Swagglebone on the other hand had been seen at the Three Broomsticks one of the popular local pubs and inns. Who knows what he was up to in there.

Finally Professor Fantasma was seen going to Honeydukes, the local sweet shop.

For now the village was still quaint and welcoming friendly faces where ever the students went. Perhaps at times a bit unnaturally so.

@Everyone
As she enters, she looked around at all the kinds of sweets that were available there. However, there were a few things was specifically looking for if they were available here.

Gulden: Guilder (The Dutch name gulden was a Middle Dutch adjective meaning "golden")

Melody had been so excited for Hogsmeade, but her excitement was quickly dowsed with a bucket of cold snow, goodness she hated the British winter. Rainy, wet, snowy. There’s a reason she always used to go to the Southern Hemisphere during the winter, although she couldn’t do that now. Still, she was still happy that everybody can go to Hogsmeade, even the rascally 1st years.

As she entered the The Three Broomsticks, she took off her scarf and mittens before looking around the crowded place, sure it was no Honeydukes, but it did have quite a few customers. She ordered two pints of Butterbear before sitting down with a manic look to her face, she was excited for not just Hogsmeade, but probably her first taste in the slightly alcoholic drink.
“Okay, okay..I’ll buy out Honeydukes first, and then Zonkos, but I want to have a taste in this stuff first, surely it can’t be as alcoholic as tiramisu? Anything to get out of the cold I suppose, and I thought I preferred Winter over Summer, gah..”
She meant that as a note to herself, but her voice was loud enough that quite a few can hear her. And who can be sure? Do they even allowed little kids to have beer?
@Jeremi

Rolien spend most of her free time during the 1st of November in the Library. Her search parameter being mostly on creating spells, rather than already existing spells. Any questions being brought towards her would be in a combination of English and Dutch about trying to create a spell for the purpose of translation of languages. Being mostly specific about her native language and English. She too asked questions to teachers and older students regarding this. While trying to make small steps, it would've been very obvious that she would be not even close of even making a good attempt due to her lack of experience and language barrier which she tries to break.

At the second day of November, she was one of the later students of Ravenclaw to wake up. Fortunately, she did have winter clothes with her from home. She also had a little bit of money with her. However, this might not be too useful here as it was about 5 euros. The currency only implemented at the beginning of the year in the Netherlands. However, she did have 1 gulden with her as well. Which was the older currency used in the Netherlands. Which while still had value, was useless as currency. While not entirely thinking of buying something, it was useful to have something with her in case she does find something.
As Rolien walks into the small village, she looked around with interest. While from a city, the town itself was still very interesting to the young student. Greeting those who greeted her, though with a Dutch accent which made it quite obvious to the locals that she was not native English. As she walked further, she notices the shop called 'Honeydukes'. After a moment of looking through the window, she enters the shop. Though with difficulty due to the crowd. Which she wasn't unfamiliar with due to her time in Amsterdam.

As she enters, she looked around at all the kinds of sweets that were available there. However, there were a few things was specifically looking for if they were available here.

Gulden: Guilder (The Dutch name gulden was a Middle Dutch adjective meaning "golden")

The chatter of children and laughter filled the air as Rolien walked in. The shop was always very lively and this day was no exception with a lot of children and adults alike inside trying to get their hands on the sweets of their choosing. There was shelves upon shelves of different kind of treats inside the shop. Next to the Acid Pops she could spot Professor Fantasma looking very undeceive in what he should pick up.

@Donder172

Melody had been so excited for Hogsmeade, but her excitement was quickly dowsed with a bucket of cold snow, goodness she hated the British winter. Rainy, wet, snowy. There’s a reason she always used to go to the Southern Hemisphere during the winter, although she couldn’t do that now. Still, she was still happy that everybody can go to Hogsmeade, even the rascally 1st years.

As she entered the The Three Broomsticks, she took off her scarf and mittens before looking around the crowded place, sure it was no Honeydukes, but it did have quite a few customers. She ordered two pints of Butterbear before sitting down with a manic look to her face, she was excited for not just Hogsmeade, but probably her first taste in the slightly alcoholic drink.
“Okay, okay..I’ll buy out Honeydukes first, and then Zonkos, but I want to have a taste in this stuff first, surely it can’t be as alcoholic as tiramisu? Anything to get out of the cold I suppose, and I thought I preferred Winter over Summer, gah..”
She meant that as a note to herself, but her voice was loud enough that quite a few can hear her. And who can be sure? Do they even allowed little kids to have beer?
@Jeremi

[iimg]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20161220001627[/img]

The inn also seemed to be alive with people of different ages. As the glass of beer came close to Melody's lift she could get the faint feeling that someone was watching her. From the corner of her eye she could spot Professor Swagglebone glaring daggers at her. Oh boy if looks could kill...​

@MelodyMeister

Rio couldn't be more satisfied with his visit to Spintwitches. He was feeling great, and Quidditch had rightfully taken its place back in his mind...not as much as Isolde, though. Man, he couldn't wait for their date! Ooh, you know what she would love? Flowers. He could totally surprise her with flowers! Rio headed off into Dogweed and Deathcap, eager to see what he could buy for his girlfriend.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back