Status
Not open for further replies.
"...ewww. What kind of creep hangs around a place like this?"

Looks like chocolate couldn't solve everything. Severa shuddered at the interior, but gulped it down...at least, she thought she did. "O-Okay, let's find this...whoever in here and get out." She quickly followed behind Mason, sticking close. "Gawds, this is CREEPY..."

@Ver @Kaykay @Crow@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee@Cromartous @Alex Azure@JosukeGroup

---

Libra was mindful of the others talking to this child, who clearly seemed a bit on edge. Even so, he did want to help him. "Josuke sent us here, along with Mr. Rohan. I believe you had called one of them earlier today...?"

@Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi@Crow @Gummi Bunnies@RohanGroup

"You really never change."

Crossing her arms and huffing as Touma continued grumbling after his apology of questionable sincerity, Leivinia appeared to accept the spiky-haired teen's apology for now. Though she gave Ben a rather fierce glare before he aliened out and ran off. With Touma not doing anything that particularly bothered her, for now at least, she began to look around the house as the group of them walked in. Rather than being off-put by the atmosphere, however, she simply fixed her gaze upon the single flight of stairs.

"Let's drag this cockroach out of this little hole, then."

The human tow truck known as Leivinia Birdway grabbed Touma by the collar and began to practically drag him up the stairs. With nothing else to really look at, that was the only logical course of action left to her.

Being logical included dragging someone else against their will, of course. It'd be hard to fling Imagine Breaker at their problem when the time came if he was always getting caught up in nonsense like candy shopping.

@Ver @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Cromartous @Alex Azure @JosukeGroup

Despite how humid the summer air was outside, the chilling air of the house's interior somehow managed to eradicate the heat baring down on his backside. That is, if the house was actually cold - Giorno's instincts chilled his heart to the core. The incessant pulsing in his veins just from being in the presence of such an oppressive aura of power emanating from the flight of stairs. For such an innocuous house, it was giving off an air not unlike Diavolo's hideout when Giorno first took a step inside.

Yet, even in the face of this strange reaction, his resolve did not waver.

"We may be closer to our enemy than we realize," Giorno muttered, peeking around the home's entrance, "If one of them is in this house, let's not keep them waiting."

Giorno Giovanna took position next to Josuke as he ascended the flight of stairs, warily pressing against the wall as Leivinia Birdway charged up the tight space with Touma in tow.

Gold Experience loomed in the back of its user's mind as he ascended the decrepit stairs, as if Giorno had his hand on a mental trigger that would send his Stand lashing out at a moment's notice. A necessary skill that the boss perfected through his experiences of traversing dark, menacing corridors in search of his enemy.

@Ver @Crow @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Cromartous @Alex Azure @JosukeGroup​

Jotaro was mindful to keep his distance as Rohan made the first move to introduce himself to the kid and get his attention. It was an annoying precaution, but enough time looking in a mirror can make even the most prideful man painfully aware of his intimidating presence. Jotaro tilted his head to the side and spotted the boy's confused face staring up at Rohan; that was indeed the same Hayato Kawajiri that was at the scene of Yoshikage Kira's timely death at the hands of an ambulance. Back then, he seemed pretty gung-ho for being in grade school, so it was jarring to see him so sheepish like a regular kid.

When Max dropped Jotaro's name into the conversation, the marine biologist strode forward silently and stopped inches away from the kid. Jotaro Kujo was already mountainous compared to the average adult guy, so from this angle it looked like Jotaro could punt this kid into the next block by sneezing at him. Thankfully, the stone-faced Stand user did no such thing. Jotaro took a knee, allowing for Hayato to see the man's face without needing to crane his neck upwards - and even then, he was still built like a truck.

"Hm,"
he grunted, casting a judgmental glare, "Hayato Kawajiri, right?"

The tall man pushed the brim of his cap up, revealing his face more. His voice was deep and commanding, but carried a tone of utter confidence above all else.

"My name is Jotaro Kujo. Me and my friends are here to help you. Do you understand?"

His gaze demanded an answer from the boy, yet he gave no time for him to respond verbally before continuing.

"You gave this guy a phone call, right?" Jotaro gestured to Rohan. "Did you want to tell us something? The more you tell us, the more we'll be able to help you."

"Take your time. It'll be alright."

Who would have thought that such a scary-looking guy would be great with kids? Well, it wasn't something he would've picked up if his life continued down the usual path.

A certain android in Gotham helped him understand the mind of a child a bit better - even if she was never a child to begin with.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies@RohanGroup​

5688-1582636026.jpg

"L-Law enforcers? I-I didn't do anything wrong if that's what you think," Hayato said to Max, still nervously averting his gaze, though as Chise approached him, he seemed to ease up fairly quickly, even if still subtly, his stance becoming just a tad more open.

Maybe it was the cute girl effect. A multiversal marble. It wasn't like Jotaro was the one who made him any more comfortable, at least.

"O-Okay...?" The boy responded to the redhead, still a bit perplexed on what was going on. When Libra and Jotaro cut to the chase and inquired about the call, Hayato raised a brow and shook his head, stepping back. "Um... I don't know what you're talking about," he said nervously, "Why are you asking me all this stuff?"

GW0_AKj_A.gif

"He's lying. Rohan Kishibe is no fool. You know something, and I will find out one way or another," Rohan spoke, evidently taking no heed to Chise's mental reprimanding as he kept pressing when it seemed that the gentler approaches didn't yield much. Though, it was indeed strange that Hayato denied any knowledge of even a call...

"U-Uhh... Excuse me..." Hayato said, still unable to hide his increasing discomfort as he continued backing away, as though intending to leave the conversation quite literally.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup

5688-1582636026.jpg

"L-Law enforcers? I-I didn't do anything wrong if that's what you think," Hayato said to Max, still nervously averting his gaze, though as Chise approached him, he seemed to ease up fairly quickly, even if still subtly, his stance becoming just a tad more open.

Maybe it was the cute girl effect. A multiversal marble. It wasn't like Jotaro was the one who made him any more comfortable, at least.

"O-Okay...?" The boy responded to the redhead, still a bit perplexed on what was going on. When Libra and Jotaro cut to the chase and inquired about the call, Hayato raised a brow and shook his head, stepping back. "Um... I don't know what you're talking about," he said nervously, "Why are you asking me all this stuff?"

GW0_AKj_A.gif

"He's lying. Rohan Kishibe is no fool. You know something, and I will find out one way or another," Rohan spoke, evidently taking no heed to Chise's mental reprimanding as he kept pressing when it seemed that the gentler approaches didn't yield much. Though, it was indeed strange that Hayato denied any knowledge of even a call...

"U-Uhh... Excuse me..." Hayato said, still unable to hide his increasing discomfort as he continued backing away, as though intending to leave the conversation quite literally.

RegATeL.png

"I don't believe you did anything wrong at all, but I do believe that something you know can lead us to somebody who did. Can you agree to help us, kiddo?" Max smiles at Hayato, "if you tell us the truth, you'd be doing your town a great favour."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup

tmi04.png

"Eeh, you think? I think over the months, I've--ouagh!" Touma began to say before being cut short as Leivinia dragged him off upstairs along with the rest of the group. Macy, meanwhile, would indeed be able to find a light switch, but of course, in proper horror fashion, they didn't seem to work. How eerie.

More than any of the other rooms, there was a significantly menacing aura coming from one of the bedrooms, even though there didn't seem to be any detectable life sign from within, at least any that even Wildmutt could sense. As a chill ran down Touma's spine from the familiar yet still chilling aura, his eyes wide open like he was watching a scary movie, the boy warily watched the room in question.

"E-Err... Y-You know, Leivinia, we can just stay out here if you're scared," he said, projecting in a not so subtle manner.

"Do... Do you think someone's in there?" Josuke asked to no one in particular, also curious as he gazed upon the supposedly empty bedroom atop the stairs.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

tmi04.png

"Eeh, you think? I think over the months, I've--ouagh!" Touma began to say before being cut short as Leivinia dragged him off upstairs along with the rest of the group. Macy, meanwhile, would indeed be able to find a light switch, but of course, in proper horror fashion, they didn't seem to work. How eerie.

More than any of the other rooms, there was a significantly menacing aura coming from one of the bedrooms, even though there didn't seem to be any detectable life sign from within, at least any that even Wildmutt could sense. As a chill ran down Touma's spine from the familiar yet still chilling aura, his eyes wide open like he was watching a scary movie, the boy warily watched the room in question.

"E-Err... Y-You know, Leivinia, we can just stay out here if you're scared," he said, projecting in a not so subtle manner.

"Do... Do you think someone's in there?" Josuke asked to no one in particular, also curious as he gazed upon the supposedly empty bedroom atop the stairs.

To think that it would lead to a room with no one, but how? Maybe their efforts were in vain, or not.

Wrw4xZh.png

"Raaargggha..."

If there were no people in there, or at least none that could be sniffed out, maybe Wildmutt could sniff out and detect noteworthy items that could be used for investigation. If not by smell he'd try to sense it via echolocation and shape, snooping his 'gills' between & under the crevices of the door to determine what the room looked like from the inside without entering it.

"Graaarraaraa!"

@Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

Last edited:
Due to what group Jotaro had joined Jolyne and Ermes followed Josuke to investigate what he had found.

tmi04.png

"Probably,"
Jolyne replied form her Stand Stone Free behind her. "Stay back, everyone" Using a strand from her Stand Jolyne attempted to slowly open the door from a safe distance just in case there was something waiting for them on the other side of the door.

@Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

Due to what group Jotaro had joined Jolyne and Ermes followed Josuke to investigate what he had found.

"Probably,"
Jolyne replied form her Stand Stone Free behind her. "Stay back, everyone" Using a strand from her Stand Jolyne attempted to slowly open the door from a safe distance just in case there was something waiting for them on the other side of the door.

Wilmutt swiftly jumped back at Jolyne's request, watching her activate her Stand's ability.

gEtsGF2.png

"Rrrrarrrrarrr..." it muttered as it faced Jolyne for a while, then looks back at the damage her Stand did, expecting the undetectable being to appear.

"Roh?"

@Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

With that, Rohan gestured to those opting to follow him to come along, starting to walk forward, bringing along his scrapbook as well. As the group walked along the empty street with him, he looked back and began to speak.

Raau_M0p.gif

"Alright, we'll need to hurry. It's almost 8:30, meaning that if this kid wants to keep a low profile, he's right on his way to school right now. I've been observing his patterns for a while now and keeping a log, and he's a pretty consistent kid, so if all is well, we'll be able to bump into him at the next bus stop. If something does go wrong... Well, let's hope your friends are capable, especially if they're not Stand users, Jotaro,"
Rohan nonchalantly spoke, casually letting out that he'd been pretty much stalking a little boy for a small while.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?"

@Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @RohanGroup
Jordshan and M1-4X decide to go along with Rohan. "More than capable." Jordshan said, though she did notice her earlier action did not show this. She was for a long time in Havoc Squad, though she hasn't been with them for a long time. She does miss the times she was their CO.

jow_Q4_UL.png

"Not personally. I've just been following him for some time so I could make sure that I had the right kid, see if he was consistent with what I collected during my investigation," Rohan continued to casually speak in response to Libra, pocketing his hands.

As they kept on, the group eventually stumbled across a bus stop, with just one child sitting at the bench. Seemed like there was a lot of time left if one was keeping track, as though he were the earliest to wait for school to begin, eager to get away from home.

How suspect.

"There he is. I'm going to approach him. Just act natural and be sure to help squeeze what you can from him, understood?" He asked, before going on before anyone could answer.

"Excuse me, young man. Could I have a moment of your time?" Rohan asked the boy he identified as Hayato Kawajiri, walking over to him in an imposing manner.

"Err... Huh?" The boy uttered, somewhat quizzical. He had a rather hard face for a child, in some lights he could have looked like an adult if not for his schoolboy uniform, complete with a yellow hat and shorts. He held a nervous expression on his face as he looked upon Rohan and the rest of the group, stepping back as though feeling mildly threatened. "What... What could you possibly want from me?"

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup
Jordshan nods, but stays at a distance in a non-threatening way. Trying her best to have her expression look as friendly as possible.

5688-1582636026.jpg

GW0_AKj_A.gif

Chise sighed as Rohan continued. At least the boy seemed to relax when she talked to him. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard if she talked to him? Stella was young and so was her brother back home, granted the younger girl did most of the talking and socializing. Stepping forward, instead. She leaned down so she could get a better look at Hayato-and also apologize for Rohan at least.

tumblr_p4plzoUQwT1srt81jo4_400.gif

"I'm sorry about Rohan here, but are you sure you didn't call him, or anyone, about anything important that happened recently? Like some kind of crime?" She asked, hoping to jog his memory some or at least get him to open up a bit.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Rohan Group

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964736.jpg

"Ugh... Let me guess, you want noodles from here too?"

"We have really good noodles," the shop clerk said innocently from behind the counter, having no idea what was going on.

"Still... I don't think I could fathom sweets and fashion to be a thing of the past in any world. People love that kinda stuff way too much to leave those behind," the boy mused as Severa casually explained her own circumstances, Touma furrowing a brow a bit, "N-Not that I'm pitying you or anything! I'm only buying you this crap before you remember to give me an earful again for the sake of it..."

To Willard, he pursed his lip lightly. "I... uh, don't really know the full story behind all that, but I wouldn't imagine candy created by a witch would be quite as good as naturally made ones, yeah," he nodded. As the taller man considered getting chocolate, Touma sighed softly, fishing out the spare change from his pocket. He could only hope he didn't have an outstanding debt to someone that he was forgetting at the moment, like his friend Aogami, or lord forbid Tsuchimikado. That asshole always had a way of snaking his way into everything, he was surprised he wasn't a part of these multiversal affairs.

Counting the money, he briefly glanced over at Rita and Macy.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-996425.jpg

"... I'm guessing you two want something as well?"

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky
"Ugh, I'll pass on the noodles. I'll be happy if I never have to eat them again!" As Touma mentioned pity, she rolled her eyes. "Puh-leaze, I don't need pity. You get used to it, you know? I was born and raised in war. Being around peaceful places like this town is well...not awful."

@Ver @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

"Everyone, please, enough." Libra frowned as others began to argue around him. "It's all right. This is MY choice, not anyone else's. I am not being violated. This is actually something that has happened to me before. In my own world, a witch went through my memories to help me overcome...something from my past. I know what I'm doing, and arguing like this will make things more difficult than they already are."

Really, Rohan was now cooperating...mostly. Hopefully what Jotaro said would help, but it didn't make Libra any less uneasy about this group. Why this group was so ready to fight at any given moment was a complete mystery to him. They were supposed to try and bring peace to the Multiverse, were they not? How could peace be acheived through hostility?

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay@Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172@Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
tumblr_nqmyi8c_Vte1tc1kmmo4_250.png

"I'm still not sure if I really get it, but if you're a Jotaro from the future who's back here looking for someone else who came here, who knows what might have been changed from what was supposed to happen later? I dunno what you guys are all capable of, but if that person you're hunting down is as scary as who we're looking for..." Josuke trailed off. Of course, that was his linear type of thinking simplifying things about this "multiverse" talk, even as someone who often relied on his personal wits in sticky situations.

"I doubt we're really in your own personal past or world, Mr. Kujo. Perhaps another world where time flows slower," Ollerus suggested, more to anyone else who might have been confused about the scenario, "But I'm sure it won't matter in the grand scheme of things, unless we do run into your counterpart, but that would just be far too irritating to try to resolve."

"So it doesn't matter until it does matter, eh?"

Rp9fxe_P.png

"Right, well. Here was the plan Josuke and I were originally intending to carry out. The plan that I made at least and Josuke just decided to tag along because of the call..." Rohan grunted, as though still bothered that he even had to be in Josuke's vicinity. Seemed like there was some unspoken beef between the two of them, you'd think Josuke burned down his house or so, but at least they were able to act together for the sake of their interests.

"I was planning on tracking down Hayato Kawajiri, a little boy who's connected to my lead. We question him about what he knows about Kira -- maybe even how he's connected to the person you guys are looking for -- and we move on."

"Josuke was to track down the address that was given to him when his mysterious caller -- probably Hayato himself -- and see what's going on in there."

"So you have two choices. You may accompany me, or Josuke."

"In the meantime, Ollerus and I shall stay right here and try to keep tracking Othinus and DIO," Fiamma of the Right said, "Perhaps some time would have done some good, so I'll be trying again to look for her signature. Understood? Good, good."

So then, if that was that, as said, you had two choices. Go with Rohan or go with Josuke.

What will it be?

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
Severa, for one, was on cloud nine. "Mmm, this is amazing!! Is that...peanut butter? And with CHOCOLATE? Oh my Gods, I should TOTALLY become a candymaker when I get home. This kind of thing is gonna make me RICH!" She smiled at Touma. "Hey...thanks. You're not so bad, y'know?" Before becoming too mushy, she quickly added, without a shred of irony in her voice, "...When you're not yelling, of course."

As she arrived back with the group, she seemed to be at peace for once. Happily munching on her candy, she didn't bother to question or complain about anything. Without a word, she joined the group headed with Josuke.

Libra, on the other hand, went with Rohan. "I have to admit, I worry for this Hayato," Libra said. "To have his father murdered and impersonated by a...a serial killer...we need to keep him safe, especially with him giving us a lead of this nature."

@Ver @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky
"...so, you've known Hayato for some time?" Libra asked Rohan as unsuspiciously as he possibly could. This man was...quite the character, wasn't he? But if he helped stop Kira before, then he had to be not as bad as he seemed.

...though, remembering a few of the Shepherds from Ylisse, maybe not.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Ver @Crow @RohanGroup

---

"Mm...never met the guy 'til today. *munch, munch*." Severa strolled casually, in a fairly good mood for the time being. Save for contemplating how to combat properly in a skirt and no tights, her mind was pleasantly fixed on her sweet treat...and Cordelia. She still hadn't seen the woman Macy had mentioned anywhere. But Macy wouldn't lie, right?

@Kaykay @Crow @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @JosukeGroup​
By the time that they've returned with the main group, both Dlanor and Willard decided to tag along with Rohan's group. It didn't take long for them to catch up with the information at hand. Sounded simple enough for them.

❝ I second that. Capable and prepared enough for what's ahead of us. ❞ Willard commented as he moved along. To his side, Dlanor was silently enjoying one of her lollipops.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Takumi
@RohanGroup
Wildmutt ascended the flight of stairs, not bothered by the lack of light. The beast gestures to Toppo to lead the way.

Toppo was able to sense it, but not him. What exactly did this mean? Even though his transformation was of a race of garbage divers incapable of speaking translatable languages, he was still fully capable of coming to a conclusion.

This being had a weak or nonexistent scent, but it existed. Perhaps his echolocation could pick it up once he got upstairs.

"Grouggghhh!"

Perhaps going upstairs might solve some mysteries.

@Ver @Kaykay @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Cromartous @Alex Azure @JosukeGroup

"There's no need to be afraid, kiddo," Grandpa Max adds, "we're just here for important investigations. Think of us as... uh... law enforcers. I believe Jotaro here might be able to explain it best among us all."

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup
That...didn't sound right at all. Feeling a drop of sweat roll down the side of her face, Chise glanced down to Ruth, who sighed.

This could go very...very bad. Ugh, this Rohan looked anything less than natural with the way he approached the boy. Ruth barked gruffly as he moved ahead of Chise, and Chise simply held up a hand as if in surrender.

"We just want to ask you something is all, please we didn't mean to startle you." At this she side glanced Rohan, as if to tell him to ease up or something.

The redheaded mage in training hoped they didn't scare the kid off or made him feel anymore threatened than he likely already was. She was glad that at least Max was quick to jump in and try and help.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Anybody I missed @Rohan
"...ewww. What kind of creep hangs around a place like this?"

Looks like chocolate couldn't solve everything. Severa shuddered at the interior, but gulped it down...at least, she thought she did. "O-Okay, let's find this...whoever in here and get out." She quickly followed behind Mason, sticking close. "Gawds, this is CREEPY..."

@Ver @Kaykay @Crow@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee@Cromartous @Alex Azure@JosukeGroup

---

Libra was mindful of the others talking to this child, who clearly seemed a bit on edge. Even so, he did want to help him. "Josuke sent us here, along with Mr. Rohan. I believe you had called one of them earlier today...?"

@Crow @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi@Crow @Gummi Bunnies@RohanGroup
Jotaro was mindful to keep his distance as Rohan made the first move to introduce himself to the kid and get his attention. It was an annoying precaution, but enough time looking in a mirror can make even the most prideful man painfully aware of his intimidating presence. Jotaro tilted his head to the side and spotted the boy's confused face staring up at Rohan; that was indeed the same Hayato Kawajiri that was at the scene of Yoshikage Kira's timely death at the hands of an ambulance. Back then, he seemed pretty gung-ho for being in grade school, so it was jarring to see him so sheepish like a regular kid.

When Max dropped Jotaro's name into the conversation, the marine biologist strode forward silently and stopped inches away from the kid. Jotaro Kujo was already mountainous compared to the average adult guy, so from this angle it looked like Jotaro could punt this kid into the next block by sneezing at him. Thankfully, the stone-faced Stand user did no such thing. Jotaro took a knee, allowing for Hayato to see the man's face without needing to crane his neck upwards - and even then, he was still built like a truck.

"Hm,"
he grunted, casting a judgmental glare, "Hayato Kawajiri, right?"

The tall man pushed the brim of his cap up, revealing his face more. His voice was deep and commanding, but carried a tone of utter confidence above all else.

"My name is Jotaro Kujo. Me and my friends are here to help you. Do you understand?"

His gaze demanded an answer from the boy, yet he gave no time for him to respond verbally before continuing.

"You gave this guy a phone call, right?" Jotaro gestured to Rohan. "Did you want to tell us something? The more you tell us, the more we'll be able to help you."

"Take your time. It'll be alright."

Who would have thought that such a scary-looking guy would be great with kids? Well, it wasn't something he would've picked up if his life continued down the usual path.

A certain android in Gotham helped him understand the mind of a child a bit better - even if she was never a child to begin with.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies@RohanGroup​
5688-1582636026.jpg

GW0_AKj_A.gif

RegATeL.png

"I don't believe you did anything wrong at all, but I do believe that something you know can lead us to somebody who did. Can you agree to help us, kiddo?" Max smiles at Hayato, "if you tell us the truth, you'd be doing your town a great favour."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup
Chise sighed as Rohan continued. At least the boy seemed to relax when she talked to him. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard if she talked to him? Stella was young and so was her brother back home, granted the younger girl did most of the talking and socializing. Stepping forward, instead. She leaned down so she could get a better look at Hayato-and also apologize for Rohan at least.

tumblr_p4plzoUQwT1srt81jo4_400.gif

"I'm sorry about Rohan here, but are you sure you didn't call him, or anyone, about anything important that happened recently? Like some kind of crime?" She asked, hoping to jog his memory some or at least get him to open up a bit.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Rohan Group
Schala Zeal
@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies
@RohanGroup

Schala had... At least tried to help Touma pay for what she could, hoping to hurry along the process. In the end though, she, alongside the others re-united with the rest of the group just in time to be faced with a decision of going with Rohan, or Josuke.

In the end, she chose to go with Rohan, but she seemed to hesitate when she realized just who the man was after.

Hayato was a seemingly young child, but seemingly easily swayed by someone like Chise. Tapping her chin, she turned to Rohan, a curious look crossing her face, seeing as he literally read someone like a book before.

"What makes you so sure he's the one?" She whispered, less out of suspicion, more out of a sense of inquisitiveness.

At first glance, Hayato didn't seem like the sort to be affiliated with anything, or anyone shady, but... Appearances can be deceiving. At least Chise seemed to be doing a good job of calming his nerves though...​

At least he was honest, Billy thought.

He crossed his arms, peering at Phil curiously. "Right, well, I'm glad you said that, because I'm not really doing so great either. Functioning, sure, but..." He looked around, realizing that most everyone had gone off by now. No one seemed any closer to knowing where Othinus was exactly, so sticking around here seemed a sensible option.

"I was just thinking that maybe I would have to start up a support group for, you know, people completely messed up thanks to Lucas Baker."

@Lucky

7o_FFv_XD.jpg

"His father's been exhibiting strange behavior, let's just say, and to that end, so has the boy. Trust me, I'm not insane. I know what I'm doing," Rohan said to Schala. Questionable comment about his own sanity aside, it seemed that the man was certainly sure of himself and the boy he had chosen to question.

As though Chise and Rohan were inadvertently (at least, on the latter's part) playing a game of tug-o-war with the boy's emotions, Hayato uncomfortably scratched the back of his head even as she and the others tried to press on.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know anything about any call or crime. And... I-I don't think I should be talking to you..." He said, still not seeming to relent any information despite Rohan's words.

"Tch, this is getting us nowhere. We'll know for sure if I use Heaven's Door on him, I bet," Rohan spat, offering to dig into the boy's memories and knowledge for himself, with or without his consent, it seemed.

@York @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @RohanGroup

Last edited:
Even as Wildmutt sniffed out any dangerous presence inside the room, there was no humanoid shape to take note of inside, just as how when Jolyne opened the door with her string, nothing popped out to attack. Just a normal bedroom, even if dark and still ominous.

Wd_E137_L.jpg

"...!"

Daring to venture into the mysterious bedroom first, Josuke cautiously gritted his teeth, growing more and more nervous at the prospect of facing something that might have been hiding in here.

The bedroom itself was a rather normal one, all other things aside. A bed in the center, a window at the far side with a lot of dust on the blinds, as though to say that it had been quite a while since tended to, and there were drawers and nightstands on the side as well. Looking around nervously, Josuke bit his lip.

"Alright... I guess we should look around! If there's something messed up in here, we can take care of it, right?"

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

"Ugh...as if this place couldn't get c-creepier..." Severa made an immediate beeline for the blinds, trying to open them to get some additional light. As she struggled to figure them out, she stirred up a lot of dust. "*cough cough* What ARE these things?! Has no one ever heard of *cough* curtains?!"

@Ver @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

---

"Wait..." Libra raised a hand, stepping between Rohan and Hayato. "I don't think the boy is lying. All we know is that someone with a child's voice called you, yes? Are you sure his voice was the one you heard? For all we know.. this may have been a diversion."

@Ver @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup

7o_FFv_XD.jpg

"His father's been exhibiting strange behavior, let's just say, and to that end, so has the boy. Trust me, I'm not insane. I know what I'm doing," Rohan said to Schala. Questionable comment about his own sanity aside, it seemed that the man was certainly sure of himself and the boy he had chosen to question.

As though Chise and Rohan were inadvertently (at least, on the latter's part) playing a game of tug-o-war with the boy's emotions, Hayato uncomfortably scratched the back of his head even as she and the others tried to press on.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know anything about any call or crime. And... I-I don't think I should be talking to you..." He said, still not seeming to relent any information despite Rohan's words.

"Tch, this is getting us nowhere. We'll know for sure if I use Heaven's Door on him, I bet," Rohan spat, offering to dig into the boy's memories and knowledge for himself, with or without his consent, it seemed.

@York @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup

"I hate to admit it, but your powers are the reason I was counting on your ability to aid in our investigation," Grandpa Max said to Rohan, "I'm not a big fan of what's about to unfold, but there might be more at stake if we don't."

@Ver @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @RohanGroup

Even as Wildmutt sniffed out any dangerous presence inside the room, there was no humanoid shape to take note of inside, just as how when Jolyne opened the door with her string, nothing popped out to attack. Just a normal bedroom, even if dark and still ominous.

Wd_E137_L.jpg

"...!"

Daring to venture into the mysterious bedroom first, Josuke cautiously gritted his teeth, growing more and more nervous at the prospect of facing something that might have been hiding in here.

The bedroom itself was a rather normal one, all other things aside. A bed in the center, a window at the far side with a lot of dust on the blinds, as though to say that it had been quite a while since tended to, and there were drawers and nightstands on the side as well. Looking around nervously, Josuke bit his lip.

"Alright... I guess we should look around! If there's something messed up in here, we can take care of it, right?"

qUXMj1H.png

"Grooouugghh..."

Disappointed, Wildmutt continues to prod his sensory organs around the room, starting the drawers, opening them with his frontal paws. He only opened them slightly first, using echolocation and his sense of smell through the small gap to determine the shape and movements of the items inside. If he found that there was nothing in there that seemed suspicious, he would fully open the drawer.

7o_FFv_XD.jpg

@York @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @RohanGroup
"I do not belief that is necessarry." Jordshan said to Rohan before looking towards the group "Just stop trying to scare the kid."

"I understand your generous offer. But one should confront their fears head on instead of cowering, don't you think?"

Rather than deflecting Touma's projection, Leivinia took it and rolled with it with a wide smirk on her face. She shoved him into the room just after Josuke as the others opened the door for her, her arm having more strength than one might have expected from a girl of her build. With the deed done, she began to walk into the room as well. Any dust that might have been stirred up by Severa seemed to avoid Leivinia, likely the effect of some sort of spell.

"They're called blinds. If you don't understand them, leave them to someone else," she said calmly to Severa. Though she didn't share the fear of the atmosphere that most of their group seemed to have, light would undoubtedly still be a useful asset in looking around. She opened the blinds herself, the fact that the dust simply avoided her making the process rather hassle-free. Raising one arm dramatically, she spoke again.

"Now rather than standing like deer in the headlights, let's begin the investigation!"

Unable to understand the "words" of whatever Ben had transformed into, she seemed to discount his participation for now. Her first course of action was to investigate the drawers and nightstands, digging through them rapidly without any concern for the privacy of whoever lived here.

@Ver @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Cromartous @JosukeGroup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back