Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ah!" Toppo exhaled, letting his body hover slightly above the ground. He'd take a haunted mansion over suburbia any day of the week, especially on a day in which he was hardly his best self. "'Keeping a low profile' is hardly one of my special skills. I always was more of a fighting man than I a domestic man, in any case..." A spark of his former self-flickered across his face again, his warmer surroundings rubbing off on him and boosting his mood "Unless you plan on parading me around as the team mascot, or perhaps your pet 'Wal-ross', then it may be time I found other ways to conceal myself" Frantically vibrating from side to side, Toppo faded into his after invisible invsible to all who did not stare directly at his position. "I doubt I would prove much use in the investigations regardless- I'm no expert on Terran culture"

"Ha!" Toppo cried "It is a pity your powers cannot transform my flesh, lad; in such a world, I might be a greater help. Still, I would rather not cover up my uniform; in honor of what it once stood for, it wouldn't feel right to cover it up with... flower shirts and pilot caps?"

"Now that is a preposterous idea!" Toppo interjected, his squinted eyes burning into Leivinia as he returned to the visible plane. "I doubt you would approve of someone delving into your soul and making public all of your greatest secrets! Not to mention all the critical intel that could slip through the cracks! Losing Jiren was one thing, but directing handing over confidential information to an unknown party is another!"
View attachment 3246
"And we do not torture civilians. We do not threaten to do so. We are far better than that. Sometimes I fear that choices like these are the only things that separate us from men like DIO..."

"Same goes for you! We're so much better than this! We can here to fight the Revanchists, not to threaten ever stranger who crosses our path! This is all a misunderstanding, I'm sure! Phil appears to be in no pain!"

"You don't need to violate yourself like this. No matter how grave the situation becomes, we cannot simply shed out dignity in the name of convenience. Our memories, our pride... they sustain us more than we could ever know. Do not give them up so easily, child. Cherish them. Keep them secret and sacred. For you never know when you might lose them..."

Toppo released a heavy breath. With any luck, simply the promise of surrendering themselves to being read would be enough to earn Rohan's trust... but should it fail... He didn't want to see one of his own sacrifice himself so reluctantly. Should that occur, he would find himself offering his own neck for the chopping block.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

"I'm a civilian too you know."
Jolyne shot back at Toppo while still have her eyes on Rohan. "I also don't give a shit what he did to that Phil? Dude, he's just being a real asshole. So maybe dad should try to fix this. He's fluent in asshole after all." Always finding that opportunity to get one up on Jotaro after all.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

"Guh?!"

"O-Oi, what's going on?! What are you all...?!"

"This really is something else."

Rohan gritted his teeth in surprise as Ben summoned a whip to pull him away, the pages on Phil's face flapping back together until it fully closed. He pulled away from Ben's whip, just about to make a move to use his strange ability on the hero next, before Giorno and Jotaro spoke again, causing the man to stop in his tracks.

When Jotaro asked the two inhabitants of Morioh Town when was the last time they'd seen him, both Josuke and Rohan shot each other a quizzical look, as though the two of them silently struggled to decide on who should respond first, before Josuke decided to take the initiative, clearing his throat.

josuke3.png

"Uhh... Why are you asking us that? What, you don't even remember when we met up just yesterday? I didn't think memory loss could hit someone even when you're that young, Jotaro," Josuke commented, still confused by the spectacle of the situation.

With a furrowed brow and a wary gaze, Rohan looked at Giorno carefully. "... Yes, it is as Jotaro says. My Stand, Heaven's Door..." He said, seeming to calm down to let words get into edgewise as the manifestation of his Stand, a small figure in white, began floating next to him like a ghost companion.

Heavensdooreoh_by_crashrexez-db33ig1.png

"..."

To that end, while Josuke responded to Jotaro, Rohan kept his eyes on the rest of the group. "So? What's the real deal with all of you and your friend?" He asked, gesturing toward Phil, "I'll believe it when I see it, whether on his face, Jotaro's, or any of yours. Multiverse travelers... Tch! A ridiculous story like that would never get far in a weekly magazine. Am I really supposed to believe that?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody
"Ah!" Toppo exhaled, letting his body hover slightly above the ground. He'd take a haunted mansion over suburbia any day of the week, especially on a day in which he was hardly his best self. "'Keeping a low profile' is hardly one of my special skills. I always was more of a fighting man than I a domestic man, in any case..." A spark of his former self-flickered across his face again, his warmer surroundings rubbing off on him and boosting his mood "Unless you plan on parading me around as the team mascot, or perhaps your pet 'Wal-ross', then it may be time I found other ways to conceal myself" Frantically vibrating from side to side, Toppo faded into his after invisible invsible to all who did not stare directly at his position. "I doubt I would prove much use in the investigations regardless- I'm no expert on Terran culture"

"Ha!" Toppo cried "It is a pity your powers cannot transform my flesh, lad; in such a world, I might be a greater help. Still, I would rather not cover up my uniform; in honor of what it once stood for, it wouldn't feel right to cover it up with... flower shirts and pilot caps?"

"Now that is a preposterous idea!" Toppo interjected, his squinted eyes burning into Leivinia as he returned to the visible plane. "I doubt you would approve of someone delving into your soul and making public all of your greatest secrets! Not to mention all the critical intel that could slip through the cracks! Losing Jiren was one thing, but directing handing over confidential information to an unknown party is another!"
View attachment 3246
"And we do not torture civilians. We do not threaten to do so. We are far better than that. Sometimes I fear that choices like these are the only things that separate us from men like DIO..."

"Same goes for you! We're so much better than this! We can here to fight the Revanchists, not to threaten ever stranger who crosses our path! This is all a misunderstanding, I'm sure! Phil appears to be in no pain!"

"You don't need to violate yourself like this. No matter how grave the situation becomes, we cannot simply shed out dignity in the name of convenience. Our memories, our pride... they sustain us more than we could ever know. Do not give them up so easily, child. Cherish them. Keep them secret and sacred. For you never know when you might lose them..."

Toppo released a heavy breath. With any luck, simply the promise of surrendering themselves to being read would be enough to earn Rohan's trust... but should it fail... He didn't want to see one of his own sacrifice himself so reluctantly. Should that occur, he would find himself offering his own neck for the chopping block.

"Good grief. Who gives a shit what you believe?" Jolyne, having been uncharacteristically quiet during this entire ordeal, except for a death glare aimed to both Jotaro and Josuke when she was introduced as Jotaro's daughter.

She took a few steps bumping her father away and stood face to face with Rohan. "You're not talking to this old fart right now, you're talking to me, Jolyne Cujoh." Her eyes narrowed towards Rohan before continuing. "We're trying to find that bow and arrow. We heard you had a lead and I'm tired of getting tugged around like a damn dog through these places trying to track down a witch and her posse." A firm poke of her finger aimed at Rohan's ribcage to emphasis her point. "Stop dicking around and tell us everything you know or I'll beat the shit out of you for obstructing our mission. You got that?"

Ermes looked on before leaning over towards Giorno. "Don't think I've ever seen her that intens before."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo4_250.png

". . .Good grief, do you people forget that we're in public?"

Jotaro, who was casually watching the situation collapse into Hell, gestured out to the scenery around them group; they're still standing in the middle of a street in broad daylight, most certainly turning at least some heads. Not that Jotaro should be the one to give a damn about what others think, but it was a nice way to get everyone's attention.

Jotaro sauntered forward, standing next to his daughter and looking down at her with a small, approving smirk. "Jolyne and everyone else gave you the long and short of it, Rohan. The reason why I didn't tell either of you immediately is because I wanted to confirm something first - and now, I understand the confusion."

"Allow me to explain everything."

The towering man cleared his throat, and continued loud enough for the whole group to hear. "Othinus hasn't only taken us through to another place in our universe, but time as well. I thought about that back in DIO's mansion - by 2001, that building should've been destroyed, but it was like Othinus and DIO lead us there a day or two after DIO would've died."

tumblr_nr1w8n9d2Q1tc1kmmo8_250.png

"I noticed on some calendars in the convenience store that we're currently in the summer of 1999. If Ollerus picked you up in 2001. . .that means only one thing."

"I'm two years ahead of you two on the timeline. I was in my office in 2001, and now Othinus has lead us back to Morioh in 1999. And she lead us hear on this day in particular. With the phone-call you got from that Kawajiri kid, and the way everything is placed. . .she lead us back here on one very specific day."

tumblr_nqo3b6xrPr1tc1kmmo7_250.png

"The day that we found and defeated Yoshikage Kira."

"Yoshikage. . .Kira?"

The very name that Jotaro uttered shouldn't have any effect on everyone else besides Rohan and Josuke, but when those two heard that name, it felt as if the air grew ten times heavier. The confidence in Jotaro's voice made it actually sound like he was speaking of this event like he's already experienced it before.

"Kira's still alive by now, and his dad still has an intact Arrow. Good grief, this was all calculated before Ollerus could even bring us all together - she knew that Kira would show himself on this day. She's probably leading us around on a pre-destined course, going back trough time and space to ensure that her goons are in place to jump on us whenever we arrive."

"That means, with the conversation we had earlier," Jotaro looked back to Will and Giorno, and held his chin. "If that trend continues, then. . .for both you two and us. . ."

f29af3393745e4c08b6d9055d4684f37.png

"Yoshikage Kira is our next enemy. He's done something with Othinus."

"Everything else that was said is true, Rohan. You can use Heaven's Door on me to confirm, but what's important now is catching Yoshikage Kira and getting that Arrow out of him."

"And because I've already lived through this day. . .I know who he is."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @dark @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Everybody

"Ugh, I'll pass on the noodles. I'll be happy if I never have to eat them again!" As Touma mentioned pity, she rolled her eyes. "Puh-leaze, I don't need pity. You get used to it, you know? I was born and raised in war. Being around peaceful places like this town is well...not awful."

@Ver @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

"Everyone, please, enough." Libra frowned as others began to argue around him. "It's all right. This is MY choice, not anyone else's. I am not being violated. This is actually something that has happened to me before. In my own world, a witch went through my memories to help me overcome...something from my past. I know what I'm doing, and arguing like this will make things more difficult than they already are."

Really, Rohan was now cooperating...mostly. Hopefully what Jotaro said would help, but it didn't make Libra any less uneasy about this group. Why this group was so ready to fight at any given moment was a complete mystery to him. They were supposed to try and bring peace to the Multiverse, were they not? How could peace be acheived through hostility?

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva@Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay@Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172@Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

Jotaro, who was casually watching the situation collapse into Hell, gestured out to the scenery around them group; they're still standing in the middle of a street in broad daylight, most certainly turning at least some heads. Not that Jotaro should be the one to give a damn about what others think, but it was a nice way to get everyone's attention.

Jotaro sauntered forward, standing next to his daughter and looking down at her with a small, approving smirk. "Jolyne and everyone else gave you the long and short of it, Rohan. The reason why I didn't tell either of you immediately is because I wanted to confirm something first - and now, I understand the confusion."

The towering man cleared his throat, and continued loud enough for the whole group to hear. "Othinus hasn't only taken us through to another place in our universe, but time as well. I thought about that back in DIO's mansion - by 2001, that building should've been destroyed, but it was like Othinus and DIO lead us there a day or two after DIO would've died."

"I noticed on some calendars in the convenience store that we're currently in the summer of 1999. If Ollerus picked you up in 2001. . .that means only one thing."

"I'm two years ahead of you two on the timeline. I was in my office in 2001, and now Othinus has lead us back to Morioh in 1999. And she lead us hear on this day in particular. With the phone-call you got from that Kawajiri kid, and the way everything is placed. . .she lead us back here on one very specific day."

"Yoshikage. . .Kira?"

The very name that Jotaro uttered shouldn't have any effect on everyone else besides Rohan and Josuke, but when those two heard that name, it felt as if the air grew ten times heavier. The confidence in Jotaro's voice made it actually sound like he was speaking of this event like he's already experienced it before.

"Kira's still alive by now, and his dad still has an intact Arrow. Good grief, this was all calculated before Ollerus could even bring us all together - she knew that Kira would show himself on this day. She's probably leading us around on a pre-destined course, going back trough time and space to ensure that her goons are in place to jump on us whenever we arrive."

"That means, with the conversation we had earlier," Jotaro looked back to Will and Giorno, and held his chin. "If that trend continues, then. . .for both you two and us. . ."

"Everything else that was said is true, Rohan. You can use Heaven's Door on me to confirm, but what's important now is catching Yoshikage Kira and getting that Arrow out of him."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @dark @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Everybody

"See?" Jolyne pointed at Jotaro. "Didn't I tell you all he speaks fluent asshole!"

Will put her hands on her hips, calculating the entire event in her head. As a leader, it was important to always be one step ahead. As annoying as Rohan was, she'd have to look past it and onto the bigger picture.

So this Yoshikage Kire guy was their next enemy? Hm. Will attempted to use The heart to find his location, but it seemed Othinius had put magic barriers in place to keep her from using it.

Well, she'd have to do this the old fashioned way.

"We should split up then. No use in all of us being a huge target and walking into a trap together. If Othinus knows we're coming, then Kira probably does too."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Kaykay @dark @Yun Lee @Cromartous @Donder172 @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi

"See?" Jolyne pointed at Jotaro. "Didn't I tell you all he speaks fluent asshole!"

Will put her hands on her hips, calculating the entire event in her head. As a leader, it was important to always be one step ahead. As annoying as Rohan was, she'd have to look past it and onto the bigger picture.

So this Yoshikage Kire guy was their next enemy? Hm. Will attempted to use The heart to find his location, but it seemed Othinius had put magic barriers in place to keep her from using it.

Well, she'd have to do this the old fashioned way.

"We should split up then. No use in all of us being a huge target and walking into a trap together. If Othinus knows we're coming, then Kira probably does too."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Kaykay @dark @Yun Lee @Cromartous @Donder172 @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi

"No, we aren't going to do that."

Jotaro crossed his arms, adamant about not splitting up above all else. "Josuke and Rohan can tell you the rest, but the man we may be dealing with is a serial killer with a Stand. Splitting up would only make it easier for him to pick us all off."

". . .but. . .something tells me he isn't going to make himself obvious."

@Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Alex Azure @Kaykay @dark @Yun Lee @Cromartous @Donder172 @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi

b_Fvr_Bdv.png

"Do not speak to Heaven's Door -- let alone myself -- in that manner. I know exactly what gets those stupid editors at the magazine running, what sells," Rohan said to Ben with a scowl, "You know that manga about the pirates with the straw hats? That'll never take off! The one about the ninja who doesn't dress like a ninja at all?! Derivative drivel! They lack the artistic value that my works--" He began to go off, but quickly caught himself and cleared his throat.

Anyway.

His scowl hardly lightened up as Jolyne spoke to him in such a callous manner, his brow almost twitching violently. "And just who are you to speak to me like that?! Cujoh...? Do you mean to--?!"

"Yeah! She said she's Jotaro's daughter!"

"You expect me to believe that too?! But she does have the same serious look..."

"Haha, this is a shitshow," Ollerus commented from the peanut gallery.

As Libra offered himself up to Rohan, to the support of the others except Toppo, his brow remained furrowed but his expression softened up ever so slightly, going a notch below hostile now. The man clicked his tongue, as though resigned to this outcome. "Fine, then. I shall. After the bizarre things I'd just glanced at from your friend, I wonder if he's so stable indeed," Rohan said, gesturing toward Phil.

From there, Heaven's Door moved toward Libra, harmlessly opening up his face and reading through the pages, though at least this time, Rohan was considerate enough to glaze over Libra's deeper secrets and memories (or he just didn't care to dig through them maliciously like he did with Phil). Everything he read ended up matching with what Jotaro spoke of -- at least, as much as Libra was aware of the situation -- and for once, the man found himself speechless for a good few seconds, stepping away from Libra, his face being restored to its original form, and toward everyone else.

"Yoshikage... Kira? So he really is behind the lead?!" Rohan exclaimed, picking up the scrapbook from the roof of his car and digging through it briefly, nodding to himself.

"So I guess you were right all along, Rohan!"

"Shut up, Josuke. I need a moment."

Indeed, the prospect of the truths that Rohan (and even Josuke, to a smaller extent) shook him for a moment; after all, one doesn't absorb the concept of the multiverse so easily, but he easily shook his head. It seemed that his vivid imagination helped him accept this all easily.

"Even if that's the case... We still need to find Kira, wherever he is. If you want to "split up," it'd be better if you had actual places to go, wouldn't you?" Rohan asked, as though offering to help as he started opening his scrapbook to the others, though it seemed more like a two-way street of benefits...

"I'll consider letting you tag along if you so wish."

"The fate of the multiverse is at stake here."

"I'm sure it'll make for a confounding manga story when I publish it."

View attachment 3247

"Do you see, everyone? That wasn't so bad at all, was it?" Libra did his best to keep everyone from escalating the situation. Although it felt incredibly odd to have that kind of sensation happen to himself, it probably wouldn't be the most unusual thing the priest would experience in his lifetime.

"I do believe we should start by finding this Kawajiri child," he said. "Jotaro, you said his name was familiar to you, yes? Do you think he may have had a hand in stopping Kira when you faced him?"

Phil Connors

Stability was something that Phil had never experienced in his life. Hell, he hadn't even considered a factor. The only thing that was stable and constant was the year gap in his mind in his 20s. God only knows what happened there. " Trust me, I have never been any definition of stable," he mumbled, taking some Xanax to calm himself down. God, he still need to ration these as he didn't have the loop to refill them over and over again. There were like 20 left, thankfully. It did help to control the panic and anxiety he had been feeling. " So, where can we find this person?" He asked.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Everybody

View attachment 3247

"Do you see, everyone? That wasn't so bad at all, was it?" Libra did his best to keep everyone from escalating the situation. Although it felt incredibly odd to have that kind of sensation happen to himself, it probably wouldn't be the most unusual thing the priest would experience in his lifetime.

"I do believe we should start by finding this Kawajiri child," he said. "Jotaro, you said his name was familiar to you, yes? Do you think he may have had a hand in stopping Kira when you faced him?"

tumblr_o8p9y4iYV11tc1kmmo4_250.png

Jotaro nodded. "The kid's name is Hayato Kawajiri. Rohan may have already figured it out but when we first got the drop on Yoshikage Kira, he murdered Kosaku Kawajiri and took his face, assuming a new identity and going into hiding until he could pick us off with his Stand, Killer Queen. It didn't work - from what I remember, Josuke was the one who figured out that Kawajiri was Kira after Rohan was thinking about it, and they had a battle that ended up in Kira being exposed out in the open."

"He got his ass kicked, and ended up getting run over by an ambulance. Died on impact."

"If I had to guess, Hayato Kawajiri must have been Kosaku Kawajiri's son, probably vengeful about his dad getting murdered. If we're back on the day that Kira's death happened, then. . ." Jotaro's voice trailed off as he pushed his sleeve and checked his watch. "It's morning. On that morning, we all agreed to meet up here with Hayato. If I had to guess, the false Kosaku Kawajiri is on his way to work."

tumblr_nr1w8n9d2Q1tc1kmmo3_250.png

"However, if Othinus is here, she must have tipped Kira off about our arrival - particularly your arrival, Jotaro," Giorno held his chin. It didn't take a genius to reason that a serial killer is going to hide once he knows that he's being pursued. "This won't be as easy as just recalling the sequence of events as you remember them, Jotaro. Othinus would not have brought us here if she knew that Kira wasn't going to be able to stall us easily."

"This will be interesting, at least. The goal in my mind is securing that Arrow from her."

"You're right. . .this'll be tough. Maybe splitting up is the way to go."

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

Will nodded. Finally, shit was getting done.

That brought up some questions, however. If there was a fake and Othinus had tipped their target off, how were they going to spring the trap AND find the real threat?

The Keeper walked up to Jotaro and his allies, clearing her throat so that she could draw their attention.

"I keep tabs on everybody's vital signs. Usually clones or fakes don't have hearbeats or souls, so if you can get me near the fake Kosaku's position I can scan him and reveal his true form. That being said, I know Othinius has a trap for us somewhere. When we split up I can lead a faction of our forces and follow her heartbeat."

@Ver @Space_Candy @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Cromartous @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-964736.jpg

"Ugh... Let me guess, you want noodles from here too?"

"We have really good noodles," the shop clerk said innocently from behind the counter, having no idea what was going on.

"Still... I don't think I could fathom sweets and fashion to be a thing of the past in any world. People love that kinda stuff way too much to leave those behind," the boy mused as Severa casually explained her own circumstances, Touma furrowing a brow a bit, "N-Not that I'm pitying you or anything! I'm only buying you this crap before you remember to give me an earful again for the sake of it..."

To Willard, he pursed his lip lightly. "I... uh, don't really know the full story behind all that, but I wouldn't imagine candy created by a witch would be quite as good as naturally made ones, yeah," he nodded. As the taller man considered getting chocolate, Touma sighed softly, fishing out the spare change from his pocket. He could only hope he didn't have an outstanding debt to someone that he was forgetting at the moment, like his friend Aogami, or lord forbid Tsuchimikado. That asshole always had a way of snaking his way into everything, he was surprised he wasn't a part of these multiversal affairs.

Counting the money, he briefly glanced over at Rita and Macy.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-996425.jpg

"... I'm guessing you two want something as well?"

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky
Rita Hanson

" Well, since you are generally offering, sure,"
she said, picking up some nice chocolate and brining it over to Tokuma.

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Candy Store
"Ugh, I'll pass on the noodles. I'll be happy if I never have to eat them again!" As Touma mentioned pity, she rolled her eyes. "Puh-leaze, I don't need pity. You get used to it, you know? I was born and raised in war. Being around peaceful places like this town is well...not awful."

@Ver @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

View attachment 3248
"I'll take a bar of chocolate as well."

Macy dug through her purse and pulled out a $20 bill. She held it out towards Touma.

"I don't know what the exchange rate is from American dollars to yen, but hopefully when we get back home this can cover what you have to spend on us today."

"Yoshikage. . .Kira?"

b_Fvr_Bdv.png

"Do not speak to Heaven's Door -- let alone myself -- in that manner. I know exactly what gets those stupid editors at the magazine running, what sells," Rohan said to Ben with a scowl, "You know that manga about the pirates with the straw hats? That'll never take off! The one about the ninja who doesn't dress like a ninja at all?! Derivative drivel! They lack the artistic value that my works--" He began to go off, but quickly caught himself and cleared his throat.

Anyway.

His scowl hardly lightened up as Jolyne spoke to him in such a callous manner, his brow almost twitching violently. "And just who are you to speak to me like that?! Cujoh...? Do you mean to--?!"

"Yeah! She said she's Jotaro's daughter!"

"You expect me to believe that too?! But she does have the same serious look..."

"Haha, this is a shitshow," Ollerus commented from the peanut gallery.

As Libra offered himself up to Rohan, to the support of the others except Toppo, his brow remained furrowed but his expression softened up ever so slightly, going a notch below hostile now. The man clicked his tongue, as though resigned to this outcome. "Fine, then. I shall. After the bizarre things I'd just glanced at from your friend, I wonder if he's so stable indeed," Rohan said, gesturing toward Phil.

From there, Heaven's Door moved toward Libra, harmlessly opening up his face and reading through the pages, though at least this time, Rohan was considerate enough to glaze over Libra's deeper secrets and memories (or he just didn't care to dig through them maliciously like he did with Phil). Everything he read ended up matching with what Jotaro spoke of -- at least, as much as Libra was aware of the situation -- and for once, the man found himself speechless for a good few seconds, stepping away from Libra, his face being restored to its original form, and toward everyone else.

"Yoshikage... Kira? So he really is behind the lead?!" Rohan exclaimed, picking up the scrapbook from the roof of his car and digging through it briefly, nodding to himself.

"So I guess you were right all along, Rohan!"

"Shut up, Josuke. I need a moment."

Indeed, the prospect of the truths that Rohan (and even Josuke, to a smaller extent) shook him for a moment; after all, one doesn't absorb the concept of the multiverse so easily, but he easily shook his head. It seemed that his vivid imagination helped him accept this all easily.

"Even if that's the case... We still need to find Kira, wherever he is. If you want to "split up," it'd be better if you had actual places to go, wouldn't you?" Rohan asked, as though offering to help as he started opening his scrapbook to the others, though it seemed more like a two-way street of benefits...

"I'll consider letting you tag along if you so wish."

"The fate of the multiverse is at stake here."

"I'm sure it'll make for a confounding manga story when I publish it."

View attachment 3247

tumblr_o8p9y4iYV11tc1kmmo4_250.png

Jotaro nodded. "The kid's name is Hayato Kawajiri. Rohan may have already figured it out but when we first got the drop on Yoshikage Kira, he murdered Kosaku Kawajiri and took his face, assuming a new identity and going into hiding until he could pick us off with his Stand, Killer Queen. It didn't work - from what I remember, Josuke was the one who figured out that Kawajiri was Kira after Rohan was thinking about it, and they had a battle that ended up in Kira being exposed out in the open."

"He got his ass kicked, and ended up getting run over by an ambulance. Died on impact."

"If I had to guess, Hayato Kawajiri must have been Kosaku Kawajiri's son, probably vengeful about his dad getting murdered. If we're back on the day that Kira's death happened, then. . ." Jotaro's voice trailed off as he pushed his sleeve and checked his watch. "It's morning. On that morning, we all agreed to meet up here with Hayato. If I had to guess, the false Kosaku Kawajiri is on his way to work."

tumblr_nr1w8n9d2Q1tc1kmmo3_250.png

"However, if Othinus is here, she must have tipped Kira off about our arrival - particularly your arrival, Jotaro," Giorno held his chin. It didn't take a genius to reason that a serial killer is going to hide once he knows that he's being pursued. "This won't be as easy as just recalling the sequence of events as you remember them, Jotaro. Othinus would not have brought us here if she knew that Kira wasn't going to be able to stall us easily."

"This will be interesting, at least. The goal in my mind is securing that Arrow from her."

"You're right. . .this'll be tough. Maybe splitting up is the way to go."

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

View attachment 3249
"We're in the past? This brings up a lot of issues. I know time doesn't exactly work in a straight line when hopping universes, but does this mean that there's another Jotaro wandering around Morioh? A Jotaro from the past who doesn't know about the multiverse and probably wouldn't take too kindly to an imposter claiming he's from the future?"

"If we do split up, it might be a good idea to keep Jotaro and Jolyne away from Past Jotaro. I don't think we have to worry about paradoxes or Future Jotaro fading from existence, but maybe we shouldn't take any chances."

"If some of us go to where the meeting today should happen, where would the other group go? Just keep looking for Othinus?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody​

View attachment 3248
"I'll take a bar of chocolate as well."

Macy dug through her purse and pulled out a $20 bill. She held it out towards Touma.

"I don't know what the exchange rate is from American dollars to yen, but hopefully when we get back home this can cover what you have to spend on us today."

View attachment 3249
"We're in the past? This brings up a lot of issues. I know time doesn't exactly work in a straight line when hopping universes, but does this mean that there's another Jotaro wandering around Morioh? A Jotaro from the past who doesn't know about the multiverse and probably wouldn't take too kindly to an imposter claiming he's from the future?"

"If we do split up, it might be a good idea to keep Jotaro and Jolyne away from Past Jotaro. I don't think we have to worry about paradoxes or Future Jotaro fading from existence, but maybe we shouldn't take any chances."

"If some of us go to where the meeting today should happen, where would the other group go? Just keep looking for Othinus?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody​
Jotaro didn't think about the possibility of a past version of him walking around Morioh, since he's from the future. Though, when Mason brought up the possibility of the other Jotaro Kujo going hostile, he shook his head. "No, that wouldn't be the case. I was. . .made aware of the multiverse long before I ever came to Morioh."

"It happened while I was still in college."

Brief memories of Gotham rushed through Jotaro's head. A red-haired girl, a rotting city, and a shattered helmet.

Jotaro shook his head and continued. "If a Jotaro Kujo of the past was walking around, he'd understand the situation if you explained it to him."

"Wait, if Othinus or this 'Yoshikage Kira' killed the Jotaro Kujo of the past, wouldn't you cease to exist?"

". . .Good grief, that's too confusing of a plot point for what we're going for." Jotaro flatly said and blinked, as if his body wasn't his own for a second.

". . .What did you say?"

"Eh? I didn't say anything."

". . .Huh."

Well, that was weird. No one else heard it, thankfully.

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody​

33_zps7b7bfa9e.png

"A peaceful town like this, huh..." Touma murmured mostly to himself as he mused on Severa's words. Just as the air and the sun were constants of most every world, conflict and war were as well. He wouldn't presume to know anything about the girl's circumstances -- nor the circumstances of those around him -- but to see someone claim to be raised in war, to exhibit so much joy at something as little as candy.

Sometimes, Touma could respect the ideals of the villains he'd faced, who wanted to change the world for their own reasons, while he was the one burdened with making sure the world remained as it was.

But what about changing the multiverse? Was it really so simple?

Kaching!

"Thanks for the business."

After a few minutes had passed, once their business was finally done, Touma and the rest of the group walked out with their purchases. Some chocolates here, some lollipops there. And so, he began eating his own bar with a resigned sigh.

to-aru-majutsu-no-index-996432.jpg

"Eating chocolate while everyone else is probably tracking down that so-called lead that might be connected to us. What have I come to?" Touma sighed, pocketing the twenty dollars that Macy had given him earlier to exchange for later. Academy City back home probably had something for that, but... Well, first, he'd have to make sure there was an Academy City to come back to at all.

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure

tumblr_nqmyi8c_Vte1tc1kmmo4_250.png

"I'm still not sure if I really get it, but if you're a Jotaro from the future who's back here looking for someone else who came here, who knows what might have been changed from what was supposed to happen later? I dunno what you guys are all capable of, but if that person you're hunting down is as scary as who we're looking for..." Josuke trailed off. Of course, that was his linear type of thinking simplifying things about this "multiverse" talk, even as someone who often relied on his personal wits in sticky situations.

"I doubt we're really in your own personal past or world, Mr. Kujo. Perhaps another world where time flows slower," Ollerus suggested, more to anyone else who might have been confused about the scenario, "But I'm sure it won't matter in the grand scheme of things, unless we do run into your counterpart, but that would just be far too irritating to try to resolve."

"So it doesn't matter until it does matter, eh?"

Rp9fxe_P.png

"Right, well. Here was the plan Josuke and I were originally intending to carry out. The plan that I made at least and Josuke just decided to tag along because of the call..." Rohan grunted, as though still bothered that he even had to be in Josuke's vicinity. Seemed like there was some unspoken beef between the two of them, you'd think Josuke burned down his house or so, but at least they were able to act together for the sake of their interests.

"I was planning on tracking down Hayato Kawajiri, a little boy who's connected to my lead. We question him about what he knows about Kira -- maybe even how he's connected to the person you guys are looking for -- and we move on."

"Josuke was to track down the address that was given to him when his mysterious caller -- probably Hayato himself -- and see what's going on in there."

"So you have two choices. You may accompany me, or Josuke."

"In the meantime, Ollerus and I shall stay right here and try to keep tracking Othinus and DIO," Fiamma of the Right said, "Perhaps some time would have done some good, so I'll be trying again to look for her signature. Understood? Good, good."

So then, if that was that, as said, you had two choices. Go with Rohan or go with Josuke.

What will it be?

upload_2018-7-28_21-43-47-jpeg.3246

"Of course I wouldn't approve it. I also didn't offer it," Leivinia said matter-of-factly to Toppo. "He put himself out there. I didn't just offer him up out of the blue. If he's willing, why wouldn't we make use of it to get this show and dance over with already?"

The girl didn't have much to say in regards to her mostly empty threat, though. In the end the discussion was moot as Rohan read Libra and seemed to accept what they had to say.

Then the group seemed to decide splitting up was a good idea. With a group their size she didn't exactly disagree, but like Rohan had said splitting up only had meaning if they actually had destinations to head towards. So they were left with two options while Ollerus and Fiamma of the Right attempted to divine Othinus's location. Made enough sense.

She decided to follow Josuke for now. Not due to Rohan's less than agreeable attitude, but because she figured visiting a specific address was a more solid plan than blindly searching for some boy.

@Ver @FollowingJosuke​

"I'm still not sure if I really get it, but if you're a Jotaro from the future who's back here looking for someone else who came here, who knows what might have been changed from what was supposed to happen later? I dunno what you guys are all capable of, but if that person you're hunting down is as scary as who we're looking for..." Josuke trailed off. Of course, that was his linear type of thinking simplifying things about this "multiverse" talk, even as someone who often relied on his personal wits in sticky situations.

"I doubt we're really in your own personal past or world, Mr. Kujo. Perhaps another world where time flows slower," Ollerus suggested, more to anyone else who might have been confused about the scenario, "But I'm sure it won't matter in the grand scheme of things, unless we do run into your counterpart, but that would just be far too irritating to try to resolve."

Rp9fxe_P.png

"Right, well. Here was the plan Josuke and I were originally intending to carry out. The plan that I made at least and Josuke just decided to tag along because of the call..." Rohan grunted, as though still bothered that he even had to be in Josuke's vicinity. Seemed like there was some unspoken beef between the two of them, you'd think Josuke burned down his house or so, but at least they were able to act together for the sake of their interests.

"I was planning on tracking down Hayato Kawajiri, a little boy who's connected to my lead. We question him about what he knows about Kira -- maybe even how he's connected to the person you guys are looking for -- and we move on."

"Josuke was to track down the address that was given to him when his mysterious caller -- probably Hayato himself -- and see what's going on in there."

"In the meantime, Ollerus and I shall stay right here and try to keep tracking Othinus and DIO," Fiamma of the Right said, "Perhaps some time would have done some good, so I'll be trying again to look for her signature. Understood? Good, good."

So then, if that was that, as said, you had two choices. Go with Rohan or go with Josuke.

What will it be?

"I'm joining Josuke," Ben adds, "let's get ready."

"I think I will join Rohan then," Grandpa Max adds, "though Rohan's methods I do have doubt with, it is more easily used with his abilities."

@Ver @Kaykay @etcetcetc​

Rp9fxe_P.png

What will it be?

Jotaro pushed the brim of his signature cap upwards, clearly tired of talking so much. Huge monologues seemed to be Giorno's thing, but Jotaro found himself being the loudmouth whilst Giorno was uncharacteristically quiet. Perhaps the great Rohan Kishibe was right - he's carrying himself differently because of the circumstances. Everything he does and says feels like it has more weight to it, like he's a . . .'manga protagonist' or whatever.

Good grief, what a fucking nerd.

8035626.png

"Well, I trust Josuke enough to handle himself - I'll stay with Rohan and deal with Kawajiri. If Ollerus is right, things are going to be much different this time around. Giorno, what about you?"

"Ah, I'd like to accompany Josuke to this address. Perhaps it will give us a lead on the whereabouts of an active Arrow,"
Giorno spoke professionally, moving over to Josuke's side. Don Giovanna has always been known as a scary people-reader - he could tell that even a dumb kid like Josuke Higashikata was reliable. All because of that star on his neck. "If that is alright with you, Higashikata."

Jotaro looked at Josuke and Giorno, giving the two a silent nod. Somehow, the two of them seemed iconic together - even though Josuke looked uncomfortable around Giorno. "Then it's settled. Everyone, spread out; we have a serial killer to catch."

@Ver @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Alex Azure @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody​

Severa, for one, was on cloud nine. "Mmm, this is amazing!! Is that...peanut butter? And with CHOCOLATE? Oh my Gods, I should TOTALLY become a candymaker when I get home. This kind of thing is gonna make me RICH!" She smiled at Touma. "Hey...thanks. You're not so bad, y'know?" Before becoming too mushy, she quickly added, without a shred of irony in her voice, "...When you're not yelling, of course."

As she arrived back with the group, she seemed to be at peace for once. Happily munching on her candy, she didn't bother to question or complain about anything. Without a word, she joined the group headed with Josuke.

Libra, on the other hand, went with Rohan. "I have to admit, I worry for this Hayato," Libra said. "To have his father murdered and impersonated by a...a serial killer...we need to keep him safe, especially with him giving us a lead of this nature."

@Ver @Kaykay @Crow @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Lucky

Will shook her head, motioning her hand over to where Flamma was.

If he was going to look for Othinus while the others searched for other priorities, then she'd help him. She had missed seeing Othinus the first time and welcomed a challenge worthy of her skills. Hopefully, DIO was there as well, and he wouldn't have any dinosaurs to protect him.

"You guys go ahead. I'm gonna help Heatblast over here look for Othinus. See if I can't wear her down enough to buy you guys some time."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Cromartous @Jeremi @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back