Status
Not open for further replies.

Both girls looked pretty impressed with Academy City when they arrived, mouth agape they looked around the city as they continued on their journey. Then they were stopped with a girl with a rifle.

"Well Jolyne is trying to get her ass to find Othinus to kick her ass, says Jolyne super annoyed with this shit,"
Hands on hip Jolyne looked annoyed at the girls blocking their path. "Is this going to take long or are we just going to stand here with our thumb up our ass and let Othinus fuck off?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @Kaykay @Mission
Leivinia smirked widely.

"Shouldn't you get down on your knees and apologize, boy? For the sake of girls everywhere, and disappointing your elders, at least that much is the bare minimum don't you think?"

Fun as it was to make the spiky-haired teen squirm, they did have to get down to business. She crossed her arms lightly and began to speak to the Misakas. Though she had to admit, it never ceased to surprise her just how many random girls he knew.

"No matter how depraved he may be- no, because of how depraved he is you understand he is himself I'm sure. Let's not waste anymore time then and move up this structure. Unless you want to hear more unprincipled things come from his mouth, of course..."

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky@Kaykay @Mission
Severa may not have been a poindexter, but she certainly could tell what Touma was saying.

"Oh. My. GAWDS!!! You are such a DEGENERATE!!! I can't BELIEVE I let you buy me chocolate!!" She turned to the Misakas. "Look, we can take care of Othinus for you guys, okay? Save your sisters or whatever. We've been looking for Othinus and we need to stop her before she can do whatever it is she's planning. So can we go up there?"

Beat.

"...please."

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee@Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky@Kaykay @Mission
Giorno remained silent, and idly rubbed a bead of sweat off his forehead.

Girls are really intense.

aacf6102564cc39c3a2e75954058b089.png

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @Kaykay @Mission​

kiri008.png

"..."

Kyoko let out an audibly relaxed sigh as Libra managed to quickly patch her up without any consequence, the young woman's breathing calming down slightly before she opened her eyes again, looking to the long-haired man.

"Thank you, Libra. Your words are appreciated, but now, you shouldn't waste any more time. Go now!" She ordered sternly.

As the group began to make their way deeper into Knowhere, venturing through different rooms and corridors, some more battle-torn than others as members and the like struggled to keep safe as the invasion went on, the travel was a bit arduous, but still frantic nonetheless. Deeper and deeper into Knowhere, the numerous maps and directories around would be able to guide everyone closer and closer toward the vaults where the station's valuables were kept.

As they eventually drew closer and closer, the final corridor they ventured toward was a hallway filled to the brim with Mandalorian soldiers, seeming to be standing in place as though guarding the area. Their mere presence, if nothing else, was an indicator that the group was getting closer and closer to where Jiren and the mysterious woman named Marian, as Kyoko revealed, were likely holed up.

View attachment 3276

"It's the Coalition reinforcements! Shoot on sight with extreme prejudice, men!" The squad leader in front called to his men, as though they'd been expecting the group for some time now.

As they aimed their blaster rifles at the group, beginning to open fire upon them, it seemed that another struggle was unavoidable. With both the group and the Mandalorian forces tucked into this tight corridor, there was surely no way around this.

You'd have to cut through them all.

@York @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Knowhere

"If you request the assistance of MISAKA, then MISAKA will oblige, MISAKA says as MISAKA nods," 10032 says, while the other "girl" on the right simply stays silent, like a statue. As Max inquired about the rifles the two of them held, she shakes her head. "These rifles are F2000R guns, also known as Toy Soldiers. They do not have the same power capacity as a Railgun, MISAKA says as MISAKA thinks on the power of Onee-sama."

ts_09.png

"I-It's not what you think!" Touma meanwhile exclaimed helplessly to Severa and Leivinia, though when he actually thought about it, there was little way he could explain it without making one or the other party sound like the predator, so he bit the bullet and fell on his sword here.

Such misfortune.

"Fortunately, MISAKA has just finished repairing the elevator after subsequent attempts to sabotage it, MISAKA says as MISAKA ponders the capabilities of the one calling herself Othinus," 10032 says, nodding as she turns around and begins hopping toward the space elevator itself, her lively movements contrasting uncomfortably against her ever blank stare, the massive structure's front opening up like automatic doors.

"Let us proceed, then. MISAKA will take you to the top of Endymion, MISAKA says as MISAKA anticipates discovering the fate of the other units atop the station."

"Oddly chipper in the face of death. At least, as much as one can be chipper for a fake human."

"I'll punch you into yesterday if you even joke about that again."

"Who's joking?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @Kaykay @Mission

Last edited:
kiri008.png

"..."

Kyoko let out an audibly relaxed sigh as Libra managed to quickly patch her up without any consequence, the young woman's breathing calming down slightly before she opened her eyes again, looking to the long-haired man.

"Thank you, Libra. Your words are appreciated, but now, you shouldn't waste any more time. Go now!" She ordered sternly.

As the group began to make their way deeper into Knowhere, venturing through different rooms and corridors, some more battle-torn than others as members and the like struggled to keep safe as the invasion went on, the travel was a bit arduous, but still frantic nonetheless. Deeper and deeper into Knowhere, the numerous maps and directories around would be able to guide everyone closer and closer toward the vaults where the station's valuables were kept.

As they eventually drew closer and closer, the final corridor they ventured toward was a hallway filled to the brim with Mandalorian soldiers, seeming to be standing in place as though guarding the area. Their mere presence, if nothing else, was an indicator that the group was getting closer and closer to where Jiren and the mysterious woman named Marian, as Kyoko revealed, were likely holed up.

View attachment 3276

"It's the Coalition reinforcements! Shoot on sight with extreme prejudice, men!" The squad leader in front called to his men, as though they'd been expecting the group for some time now.

As they aimed their blaster rifles at the group, beginning to open fire upon them, it seemed that another struggle was unavoidable. With both the group and the Mandalorian forces tucked into this tight corridor, there was surely no way around this.

@York @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Knowhere

"Hah! NRG cannot be beat in zis state!"

The being, NRG as he calls himself, laughs as he takes the front stage, tanking bullet shots as they bounced off his armour.

NRG placed his arms on the ground as his armoured glove glows, causing the floor that the Mandalorian forces stood on to turn molten, and thus slowly consume the soldiers as if it was quicksand. NRG was not halting the supply of heat, and he wished to resolve this by sinking them until only their heads are popping out of the floor, so that the team could just walk over those.

If there was an option without the need for shedding blood, he would take it.

YFozfUF.jpg

"If you're lookingk for a fairer fight viz more equal defenses, just ask nicely, OK?"

He followed up by firing a wide beam of radioactive energy at them.

"If you request the assistance of MISAKA, then MISAKA will oblige, MISAKA says as MISAKA nods," 10032 says, while the other "girl" on the right simply stays silent, like a statue. As Max inquired about the rifles the two of them held, she shakes her head. "These rifles are F2000R guns, also known as Toy Soldiers. They do not have the same power capacity as a Railgun, MISAKA says as MISAKA thinks on the power of Onee-sama."

ts_09.png

"I-It's not what you think!" Touma meanwhile exclaimed helplessly to Severa and Leivinia, though when he actually thought about it, there was little way he could explain it without making one or the other party sound like the predator, so he bit the bullet and fell on his sword here.

Such misfortune.

"Fortunately, MISAKA has just finished repairing the elevator after subsequent attempts to sabotage it, MISAKA says as MISAKA ponders the capabilities of the one calling herself Othinus," 10032 says, nodding as she turns around and begins hopping toward the space elevator itself, her lively movements contrasting uncomfortably against her ever blank stare, the massive structure's front opening up like automatic doors.

"Let us proceed, then. MISAKA will take you to the tip of Endymion, MISAKA says as MISAKA anticipates discovering the fate of the other units atop the station."

"Oddly chipper in the face of death. At least, as much as one can be chipper for a fake human."

"I'll punch you into yesterday if you even joke about that again."

"Who's joking?"

5qSnvhK.png

"I have a really bad feeling about their fates myself, especially around Othinus and her forces," Max says to the MISAKAs, "you can't lose hope, though."

He then turns to Touma as they ascended the elevator.

"What's your history with the MISAKA network? They seem pretty close to you."

Last edited:
The Mandalorians, overwhelmed by the sudden influx of reinforcements, were taken down easily enough, either being promptly defeated or forced to retreat from the corridor with that.

As the room was cleared out, Alisha let out a tired breath, nodding gratefully to Chise and Ruth as they approached her. "Yes, I'm alright. Luckily, I didn't sustain any wounds, so if they come back, hopefully I'll be able to protect Commander Kirigiri and the others, as long as they don't try to charge me all at once like before," she said.

Those deliberately looking around for Jiren wouldn't be able to find him anywhere, at least within the confines of the corridor. Perhaps that in of itself was worrying, considering if this invasion was supposed to be for the sake of capturing the other piece of Gungnir that Ollerus had left in the care of the Coalition.

To that end, Kyoko and Doppo appeared before the group, having taken cover behind some debris. The former of the two looked as though she had sustained a wound on her shoulder, some visible red stemming from it, but didn't even seem to acknowledge it aside from using her hand to grip her arm, instead directing her gaze to the reinforcements. "Thanks for the assist, but this is only the beginning," the Coalition leader spoke, "If you're all looking for Jiren, I'd venture to guess that he's somewhere deeper within Knowhere, looking for the vault that we stored the tip of Gungnir in. You'd best get a move on then. I'll try to gather the rest of the troops stationed here and direct them accordingly."

Sqe0yln.png

"C-Commander Kirigiri! Y-You're bleeding."

"I don't have time to bleed. Now, I don't need to repeat myself, do I? Alisha, you stay with me and Mr. Kunikida. We'll need to consolidate our defenses."

"U-Understood!" Alisha nodded.

image.png

"Now, then. I trust you don't have any questions about this? You're going to have to move. And fast if you want to catch up to Jiren and whoever he's working with," Doppo added.

@York @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Lucky @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Knowhere
As the Mandalorians were taken out, Jordshan joined walked to the group "Since when are Mandalorians, beside Shae Vizla, willing to work with Revan? Don't they hate him?" Jordshan asked. She nods quietly before moving on.

upload_2018-8-3_2-1-34-png.3276

Jordshan didn't expect anything else from these people. She knew Mandalorians would back down from a fight. She fought along with them once, but perhaps there was one thing she could try. "Strange how Mandalorians are willing to fight along the one person who killed their leader." Jordshan said towards the leader. "You're not Clan Vizla, so that's not the case. So tell me, why are you working for Darth Revan? The same man who killed your Mandalor during the Mandalorian Wars." She added before she and M1-4X began to fire on all Mandalorians, except the leader. She wanted to lure him out.

image.png

"Uwah?!" Alisha gasped in mild surprise as Sorey suddenly pulled her into a tight hug, admittedly caught off guard by the gesture as she had dared to let her guard down once the Mandalorians had been cleared out of the room.

When he finally did pull away, the girl couldn't help but let out a soft, light laugh, even if the situation was supposed to be fairly serious. Considering how he often acted, it was easy for Alisha to forget sometimes that at the end of the day, he was still just a boy, no older than she was.

1_UNp0q_W.png

"It's nice to see you too, Sorey, but now's not the time for a happy reunion. You heard the orders, didn't you? Besides, what would Mikleo think if he saw you idling around while the mission's in danger?" She lightly giggled, fondly remembering their mutual friend's personality, even if he himself could have been in better shape at this present moment.

While Sorey and Alisha exchanged pleasantries, on the other hand, it seemed that Makoto and Kyoko carried a different tone with each other, lacking levity like the others did... or perhaps, a different kind, in a manner of speaking.

kiri010.png

"--?"

Kyoko let out a soft gasp as Makoto took a hold of her hand. It was the closest he'd dared to come to her in a while, even if one counted the Evelyn Incident back then. The young woman, normally so reserved and calm, found herself speechless as Makoto spoke so forwardly, at least compared to their usual exchanges ever since the Coalition Civil War. Still, she could only shake her head, gazing deep into Makoto's eyes as she spoke seriously.

"No, I can't leave everyone else behind. I've got a mission to coordinate, after all. This is all or nothing, Makoto. Don't you see?" She replied, imploring Makoto to consider that despite everything that had happened between them, what was going on here and now was bigger than the two of them. Still, she was thankful for his consideration, daring to place her other hand on top of Makoto's, maintaining her gaze with him.

"Besides... I still haven't gotten a chance to... have a talk with you over dinner. I won't die before then, I can guarantee you that."

1DIbH8W.png

"?!"

Even as Jiren increased his own strength, letting his own raw energy emanate throughout the chamber, Gwen could feel her Spider-Sense going off like ten fire alarms at once, almost enough to give her a headache. Still, it was at that moment that she knew she was in complete danger, at least where she was at that moment, and opted to leap off the wall.

Just as surely, it was then that Jiren came at her, barely missing her, though the shock from his great speed and strength as he ended up punching at the wall instead knocked Gwen off balance in mid-air, causing her to fall on her shoulder. Ignoring the aching pain from the rough landing, Gwen staggered to her feet, keeping her eyes on Jiren. Her legs quivered slightly, slowly realizing just who she was up against, but she was the only one here right now, and she had a job to do!

With that, contemplating her plan of attack with someone as fast as Jiren, Gwen made her move, taking a running start to the side as she began to scale the walls horizontally, occasionally jumping and flipping off to round a corner, simultaneously thrusting her hands forward.

THWAP! THWAP! THWAP!

idafDK8.png

"You think you're so tough?! It won't matter how fast you are if you're too busy kissing these bad boys!" Gwen exclaimed, shooting multiple balls of webbing not just at Jiren but toward Marian as well!

@Cromartous
Jiren felt half a dozen web balls strike his back with enough force to rival a weighted punch, tearing large patches of fabric from his shirt. 2 landed on his right shoulder. One struck his left. One found its way around his shin and the final two struck him along his cheek and his left eye.

Interesting. Perhaps he had underestimated his foe. Perhaps he needed to increase his power level and bring things up a notch.

Coming to a sudden, rigid stop, Jiren watched his lost momentum leap from his skin and dance off into the air as wind. A slow stroke across his cheek removed the first patch of webbing, pulling it off onto his knuckle. She had managed to land several direct blows to his person, and Jiren was... impressed. Throwing a small spark of ki across the floor towards Marian, Jiren gave her a blazing too in which she could free herself, the disc of light dancing across her skin and cutting her free. He didn't want to waste too much time on her. This fight was his and his alone. He didn't want so much as a single distraction.

"I should congratulate you, girl" Jiren called in response, prying the second patch of webbing from his eyelid "Such a technique would have worked on a lesser man... but not I"
VigorousWholeAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

"Complete your take and get clear, Marian. I don't want any interference from you. Besides, you're far too valuable to get mixed up in any unnecessary scuffles. In the meantime... I'll be making my own entertainment..."

In a flash of thunder and flame, Jiren let his heat surge again, burning the remnants of webbing from his person in a flicker of his unadulterated strength. Completing a full heel turn, Jiren began his secondary charge, unleashing a greater fraction of his power before. He wanted to cherish their confrontation, not waste the final days of the universe chasing a teenager around the severed head of a celestial. Soaring through the air in a blazing tower of Ki, Jiren prepared to begin his burning assault, honing in on his before unleashing a flurry of mighty punches. From there, he planned to finish off his strike with a firm blow to her gut with his knee, more than enough to test as to what else the girl was capable of.

Screenshot_2.png

"Surrender... NOW!"

-----​
Schala Zeal
@Ver @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Knowhere

Schala was about to put a hand on Kyoko in order to heal her, but it seemed Libra was a step ahead of her... Which put her a little at ease, seeing that the injured might be taken care of here, for now.

"I'll go on ahead. I must find Jiren!" She said, though she paused, looking towards Sorey, and the others.

"... Take care. I hope I won't be long..." She added, ready to head deeper into Nowhere, in search for Jiren.

However, before she left, her gaze fell on Toppo, who she gave a brief glance at, not entirely what to say all in all; she had told him they would focus on Othinus first before Jiren, but right here... Right now... It looked like their priorities were shifting. Seeing that the two seemed to have shared a bond, she wasn't sure how to address what may very well happen if they fought Jiren head on. It was still possible to bring him back to his senses, to get him to return to the side of the Coalition, but if push came to shove... There were some hard decisions they may have to make in the end...​
"I'll accompany you" Toppo cried, his mighty firsts becoming two clenched balls of white "Jiren can't be left unmonitored. If he's here... then we'll need all the power we can muster to overcome him" His Ki began to surge as it had during his confrontation with Kira, engulfing him in a barrier of purple light. Deep in his core, he felt a strange turn brewing. It was as if something he ate, or something he had done was coming back to haunt him. He felt the spector of consequence looming over his shoulder, watching him like the reaper and chilling him to the bone. He was... unerved. He banished the thoughts from his mind. No... He couldn't let himself get distracted. Not while victory was so close at hand... not when his reunion with Jiren was just around the corner. "When the time comes, we can't hold back. We can't be afraid to kill. Jiren will take any advantage he can, and so must we. We will find the justice we seek... and all Jiren will find is how it feels to endure a Destruction God's Wrath"
----
The Mandalorians, overwhelmed by the sudden influx of reinforcements, were taken down easily enough, either being promptly defeated or forced to retreat from the corridor with that.

As the room was cleared out, Alisha let out a tired breath, nodding gratefully to Chise and Ruth as they approached her. "Yes, I'm alright. Luckily, I didn't sustain any wounds, so if they come back, hopefully I'll be able to protect Commander Kirigiri and the others, as long as they don't try to charge me all at once like before," she said.

Those deliberately looking around for Jiren wouldn't be able to find him anywhere, at least within the confines of the corridor. Perhaps that in of itself was worrying, considering if this invasion was supposed to be for the sake of capturing the other piece of Gungnir that Ollerus had left in the care of the Coalition.

To that end, Kyoko and Doppo appeared before the group, having taken cover behind some debris. The former of the two looked as though she had sustained a wound on her shoulder, some visible red stemming from it, but didn't even seem to acknowledge it aside from using her hand to grip her arm, instead directing her gaze to the reinforcements. "Thanks for the assist, but this is only the beginning," the Coalition leader spoke, "If you're all looking for Jiren, I'd venture to guess that he's somewhere deeper within Knowhere, looking for the vault that we stored the tip of Gungnir in. You'd best get a move on then. I'll try to gather the rest of the troops stationed here and direct them accordingly."

Sqe0yln.png

"C-Commander Kirigiri! Y-You're bleeding."

"I don't have time to bleed. Now, I don't need to repeat myself, do I? Alisha, you stay with me and Mr. Kunikida. We'll need to consolidate our defenses."

"U-Understood!" Alisha nodded.

image.png

"Now, then. I trust you don't have any questions about this? You're going to have to move. And fast if you want to catch up to Jiren and whoever he's working with," Doppo added.

@York @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Lucky @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Knowhere

Meanwhile, deeper within Knowhere, nearby the vaults...

"Fuckity, fuck fuck fuck! Bitch! Ass!" A feminine voice cursed vehemently as she sat down in front of a massive vault door, surrounded by a number of contraptions she'd brought along in hopes of cracking through the door, though to little avail. It seemed that for all the resources she had to begin with, along with what the Revanchist had supplied her, it still wasn't enough for this. How annoying. How irritating!

"God, this is taking FORVEEEERRRRRR! I can just see it now! Thor is gonna laugh into the abyss and then Othinus isn't even gonna look at me if I can't even get this damn door open! Gaaaaarghhh!"
The dwarf-like, bespectacled girl, Marian Slingeneyer, faithful associate of Othinus and the Revanchist, sighed in irritation, unable to do her work, at least while her partner in crime, Jiren, stood watch for any interference. Even with all the guards at the vaults taken down easily, Marian was sure to imagine that there'd be more on their way soon enough. Eventually, she took a deep breath, as though forcing herself to calm down, before starting over from the beginning.

tAvdO49L5GYY9swF7g4emuv2yfH4DyFUa0n_GrKoCXZbC4FhOCaYntHUKpZcIIAW3K2nbdNxmrTXwCl7xPldcuCyNcdaamdorW7RCMlfnWUqUUfhmytPjq4N6ZBu-5JX8_GomI4W

"Phew, okay. Let's try this again. I crack it in this direction, and then--"

"Yo, Misty Midget! Just what do you think you're doing with all those little do-hickeys?! Misty Midget? I've got to work on my alliteration," another feminine voice called out to Marian, but from a direction she couldn't fathom.

"... Well, that was irritating. Am I really going crazy enough to hear voices?"

"Up here! I'm talkin' to you!"

EPtUVPc.png

From above, Gwen Stacy, former participant of the Rapture Incident that imprisoned Handsome Jack, also known as Spider-Woman (or rather "Spider-Ghost" as she insisted on these days), stuck to the walls above Marian and Jiren, looking down at them with narrowed eyes.

"I don't suppose you're trying to steal something from us, do you?"

"Ugh, I do not have time for some witty back-and-forth right now. Jiren, won't you be a darling and take care of her for me?" Marian said, not even bothering to directly respond to Gwen as she went back to work.

"What, you're gonna get the guy who missed head day? I mean, seriously! That guy's head is way too small for his muscles!" Gwen wisecracked, beckoning for Jiren to come at her, as though not realizing just what she was up against.

@Cromartous
"Then we don't have a moment to lose!" Toppo cried, his eyes alive with the passion of leadership Jiren had robbed from him "If Jiren and his party find that vault, it's all over. In mercy's name, we need to find him. He cannot be allowed to leave here alive. He will face up to the Destroyer's Justice. He will be made to pay his dues"

The being, NRG as he calls himself, laughs as he takes the front stage, tanking bullet shots as they bounced off his armour.

NRG placed his arms on the ground as his armoured glove glows, causing the floor that the Mandalorian forces stood on to turn molten, and thus slowly consume the soldiers as if it was quicksand. NRG was not halting the supply of heat, and he wished to resolve this by sinking them until only their heads are popping out of the floor, so that the team could just walk over those.

YFozfUF.jpg

"If you're lookingk for a fairer fight viz more equal defenses, just ask nicely, OK?"

5qSnvhK.png

"I have a really bad feeling about their fates myself, especially around Othinus and her forces," Max says to the MISAKAs, "you can't lose hope, though."

"Brilliant work, Ben" Toppo called down from the air, providing cover with a flurry of Justice Flashes. As the energy spears rained down at his feet, Toppo watched as the floor they struck slowly began to grow weaker and weaker, and the legs of their foes gradually became harder to distinguish from the melted grey. His foes were immobilized and now was his chance. With his God-State unleashed, there was no telling what his body was now allowing him to do. One swift strike to disperse the herd. One swift strike to follow Ben's radiation surge. One swift strike to remind them of the significance of the seat of the Destroyer.

Raising a hand in front of him with unnerving laxness, Toppo allowed for his God Ki to surge forth once again, returning the dark glaze to his eyes and burning the mark of Belmond back into his chest. His a wave of dark energy, his hand erupted in a sea of light, his purple orb of destruction being orbited by a twisted black smog. With a single word, he unleashed his strike, letting the black sun tumble into the heart of the immobilized crowd:

"Destroy"

"Oh? Look at that, an insect who wants to talk to me like an equal," the squad leader spoke haughtily to Jordshan, "You don't get it, do you? Typical. People like you always think so linearly, thinking that circumstances are the same across the multiverse. What a farce the sum of your misgivings must be, especially if you dare oppose Revan," he went on, aggressively firing his blaster at her.

"To not even consider that perhaps such strength would be what Mandalorians like us precisely respect about him, or to not even consider the differences between each world... Feh! You're nothing but a hapless fool, not even worth carrying this on with!" He taunted as the fight between the two parties raged on, their numbers steadily but still slowly going down as the group raged forward.

From over the communications as the battle raged on and the group broke through, Doppo's voice could be heard.

"You're getting closer to their positions! You'll need to hurry; one of our operatives is up against Jiren, and from the looks of her vital signs, she won't be able to last for much longer by herself! Come on! Just one more push forward!" He cried out.

95a0264a8c6bf189d9b8054b0fe9a7c1.png

Pow!

Unable to get around Jiren's pure speed, even without Spider-Sense equipped, Gwen was helpless to protect herself from the powerful barrage of punches headed her way. Unfortunately, it seemed that she had certainly bitten off more than she could chew with the former hero of justice, the mere force of his knee to her gut able to send her crashing into the wall and creating a decently sized hole through it.

Half-watching the spectacle while the other half of her attention remained on trying to open the seemingly impenetrable vault, after a finalized click sound, an impish grin appeared on Marian's features as the barrier finally began opening up, the massive structure groaning mechanically. As it opened, Marian furrowed her brow, crossing her arms to herself. "Man... I wonder if I coulda just asked Jiren to punch through it or something... Damn. Oh, well. What's done is done!"

With that, she hopped inside the area behind the vault, and began looking for what she needed from there.

Meanwhile, Gwen, already wounded to a slightly crippling degree, forced herself to get back up, her movements slowed already as she tightly grabbed her arm in pain.

View attachment 3277

"I... I can't! I'll keep you here as long as I can! If I turned my head while the multiverse as I know it is about to die away, then what kind of person would I be?!" Gwen replied to the prospect of surrender, shaking her head as she rejected the notion, before going for a last ditch effort of an assault against Jiren, firing more webbing balls at him, running around and attempting to circle around him!

@Cromartous

Severa didn't waste time getting into the elevator, partly out of a desire to deal with Othinus already, and partly because she really wanted to see how a building could take her into space. "Fake human? What, like a demon using a human as a vessel?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure@Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @Kaykay @Mission

---

Thank the Gods for magic, especially magic that could be used with weaponry. Though he wasn't particularly skilled with magecraft himself, Libra could at least use the thunder magic within the Bolt Axe. With the axe, the priest began wielding it not as an axe, but as a thunder rod, and shot bolts of electricity into the Mandolorians' ranks!

@Ver @York @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Knowhere

"Oh? Look at that, an insect who wants to talk to me like an equal," the squad leader spoke haughtily to Jordshan, "You don't get it, do you? Typical. People like you always think so linearly, thinking that circumstances are the same across the multiverse. What a farce the sum of your misgivings must be, especially if you dare oppose Revan," he went on, aggressively firing his blaster at her.

"To not even consider that perhaps such strength would be what Mandalorians like us precisely respect about him, or to not even consider the differences between each world... Feh! You're nothing but a hapless fool, not even worth carrying this on with!" He taunted as the fight between the two parties raged on, their numbers steadily but still slowly going down as the group raged forward.

From over the communications as the battle raged on and the group broke through, Doppo's voice could be heard.

"You're getting closer to their positions! You'll need to hurry; one of our operatives is up against Jiren, and from the looks of her vital signs, she won't be able to last for much longer by herself! Come on! Just one more push forward!" He cried out.

Pow!

Unable to get around Jiren's pure speed, even without Spider-Sense equipped, Gwen was helpless to protect herself from the powerful barrage of punches headed her way. Unfortunately, it seemed that she had certainly bitten off more than she could chew with the former hero of justice, the mere force of his knee to her gut able to send her crashing into the wall and creating a decently sized hole through it.

Half-watching the spectacle while the other half of her attention remained on trying to open the seemingly impenetrable vault, after a finalized click sound, an impish grin appeared on Marian's features as the barrier finally began opening up, the massive structure groaning mechanically. As it opened, Marian furrowed her brow, crossing her arms to herself. "Man... I wonder if I coulda just asked Jiren to punch through it or something... Damn. Oh, well. What's done is done!"

With that, she hopped inside the area behind the vault, and began looking for what she needed from there.

Meanwhile, Gwen, already wounded to a slightly crippling degree, forced herself to get back up, her movements slowed already as she tightly grabbed her arm in pain.

View attachment 3277

"I... I can't! I'll keep you here as long as I can! If I turned my head while the multiverse as I know it is about to die away, then what kind of person would I be?!" Gwen replied to the prospect of surrender, shaking her head as she rejected the notion, before going for a last ditch effort of an assault against Jiren, firing more webbing balls at him, running around and attempting to circle around him!

@Cromartous

rmK5UmQ.jpg

"I hurryingk! I hurryingk!" NRG says as his metallic suit clunks with each step. "Vhoever is fightingk Jiren, they better know vat they're doing. Ve no need more casualties on our side."

NRG's suit began to glow like molten magma, its heat unbearable as he rushed through the army, his armour tanking their blows and the radioactive rays emerging from the grilles of his armour singing his opponents. A single touch of NRG's superheated armour could melt the enemy's weapons as he crushes their blasters in melee combat. All that was left of these weapons was but slag to merge with the floor.

He soon found himself in the middle of the Mandalorian armada, having rushed into them a little too hard.. Surrounded, he has his plans. Applying radiation to the ground, it begins to melt, but this time, red hot molten material erupts from it to consume his opponents, burning them from the melted floor!

vEan1K1.jpg

@Ver @York @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous @Knowhere

6a1dc43afcda18d33768ee5901ab2dbe.png

"Eh? Ah... Well, it's not exactly that, really. It's more like... I did a favor for the Misaka Network a long time ago, and then from there, I guess I've sorta gotten to know a few of the individual units," Touma said somewhat vaguely to Max, gesturing toward the girl that stood silently before them, 10032, who only remained silent.

To Severa, he hastily shook his head. "No no no, nothing like that! I guess you could say... uhm..." He looked uncomfortably toward 10032, wondering how exactly to describe the Network, before going on.

"They're clones, essentially. Over twenty thousand of them, all originating from one common, unsuspecting source. They were created for a sick experiment where they were all conditioned and engineered to just die, but... Long story short, I managed to put a stop to that experiment, and now, they're free to live their lives. Even if they find it difficult without the proper faculties of a "normal" human, they're still definitely alive, just like you and me,"
Touma said seriously, a stern expression on his face as he recounted the horrors of those days, though it didn't seem as though he had much desire to elaborate, at least at this pressing moment, all things considered.

Sighing, he stared out the reinforced windows into space. "Imagine having to share a consciousness with over ten thousand other versions of yourself, and trying to live a normal life. I wonder if there's a singular will above them all, dictating everything they do and feel. And if one could call such an entity God..."

And with that, the ride continued.

Endymion_Spaceport_Miracle.jpg

As the space elevator continued lifting everyone up as the minutes passed, taking everyone out of Earth and into outer space itself, numerous ports could be seen surrounding the lift everyone was inside, glittering as brightly as the stars outside the elevator. Though Fiamma of the Right and Ollerus themselves had also never seen anything quite like Endymion at all, they found it difficult to be any sort of impressed, considering the situation.

"We're getting closer. I can feel it..." Fiamma of the Right murmured, biting his thumb softly, "Be ready for anything. I'd imagine it won't be so easy to even be able to talk with Othinus again if she really is up there..."

6a1dc43afcda18d33768ee5901ab2dbe.png

"Eh? Ah... Well, it's not exactly that, really. It's more like... I did a favor for the Misaka Network a long time ago, and then from there, I guess I've sorta gotten to know a few of the individual units," Touma said somewhat vaguely to Max, gesturing toward the girl that stood silently before them, 10032, who only remained silent.

To Severa, he hastily shook his head. "No no no, nothing like that! I guess you could say... uhm..." He looked uncomfortably toward 10032, wondering how exactly to describe the Network, before going on.

"They're clones, essentially. Over twenty thousand of them, all originating from one common, unsuspecting source. They were created for a sick experiment where they were all conditioned and engineered to just die, but... Long story short, I managed to put a stop to that experiment, and now, they're free to live their lives. Even if they find it difficult without the proper faculties of a "normal" human, they're still definitely alive, just like you and me,"
Touma said seriously, a stern expression on his face as he recounted the horrors of those days, though it didn't seem as though he had much desire to elaborate, at least at this pressing moment, all things considered.

Sighing, he stared out the reinforced windows into space. "Imagine having to share a consciousness with over ten thousand other versions of yourself, and trying to live a normal life. I wonder if there's a singular will above them all, dictating everything they do and feel. And if one could call such an entity God..."

And with that, the ride continued.

Endymion_Spaceport_Miracle.jpg

As the space elevator continued lifting everyone up as the minutes passed, taking everyone out of Earth and into outer space itself, numerous ports could be seen surrounding the lift everyone was inside, glittering as brightly as the stars outside the elevator. Though Fiamma of the Right and Ollerus themselves had also never seen anything quite like Endymion at all, they found it difficult to be any sort of impressed, considering the situation.

"We're getting closer. I can feel it..." Fiamma of the Right murmured, biting his thumb softly, "Be ready for anything. I'd imagine it won't be so easy to even be able to talk with Othinus again if she really is up there..."

"Teleporters I can buy, but this is my first time seeing a building that extends from the solid ground of a planet to space itself," Max adds, preparing his Null Void Projector.

"Nevermind that, let's deal with Othinus first."

"You stopped it, huh..." What was with this guy, anyway? What was he, some kind of noble pervert or something? Whatever. The cool part of what he said was more related to MISAKAS themselves. "And the source is, like, the original Misaka, right? So they all look just like her...that's what 'cloning' means, yeah?"

Wow. You learn something new every day!

Severa silently wondered if this world had a God at all. Were there gods in every universe? She didn't know. It'd certainly be something to think about, but later.

"...y-yeah. Let's go." Severa forced her eyes off the beautiful expanse of space, reminding herself to focus. After all, if they didn't stop Othinus...there might not be space anymore at all.

New

"I don't just oppose him. I killed the Revan from my universe. I beated my universes' Mandalore, what do you have?" Jordshan said, which was half true. She beated him, but she didn't not kill him herself. He became one of the Force. The reason they fought was that he tried to resurrect the Sith Emperor, Darth Vitiate. She focussed entirely on the leader now with her assault cannon. She did beat Mandalore. Well, she wasn't Mandalore at that time. A few shots did hit her, but her armor protected her a lot. The taunts didn't work so well. But hers seem to have the same effect. She tried to switch tactics. "I worked alongside Mandalorians. I know you are a proud people, born warriors, and damn good allies. It's unfortunate that I can't say the same about you." It was around these moments she wished she had taken Shae Vizla with her.

kiri008.png

"..."

View attachment 3276

YFozfUF.jpg

5qSnvhK.png

As the Mandalorians were taken out, Jordshan joined walked to the group "Since when are Mandalorians, beside Shae Vizla, willing to work with Revan? Don't they hate him?" Jordshan asked. She nods quietly before moving on.

Jordshan didn't expect anything else from these people. She knew Mandalorians would back down from a fight. She fought along with them once, but perhaps there was one thing she could try. "Strange how Mandalorians are willing to fight along the one person who killed their leader." Jordshan said towards the leader. "You're not Clan Vizla, so that's not the case. So tell me, why are you working for Darth Revan? The same man who killed your Mandalor during the Mandalorian Wars." She added before she and M1-4X began to fire on all Mandalorians, except the leader. She wanted to lure him out.
Jiren felt half a dozen web balls strike his back with enough force to rival a weighted punch, tearing large patches of fabric from his shirt. 2 landed on his right shoulder. One struck his left. One found its way around his shin and the final two struck him along his cheek and his left eye.

Interesting. Perhaps he had underestimated his foe. Perhaps he needed to increase his power level and bring things up a notch.

Coming to a sudden, rigid stop, Jiren watched his lost momentum leap from his skin and dance off into the air as wind. A slow stroke across his cheek removed the first patch of webbing, pulling it off onto his knuckle. She had managed to land several direct blows to his person, and Jiren was... impressed. Throwing a small spark of ki across the floor towards Marian, Jiren gave her a blazing too in which she could free herself, the disc of light dancing across her skin and cutting her free. He didn't want to waste too much time on her. This fight was his and his alone. He didn't want so much as a single distraction.

"I should congratulate you, girl" Jiren called in response, prying the second patch of webbing from his eyelid "Such a technique would have worked on a lesser man... but not I"
VigorousWholeAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif

"Complete your take and get clear, Marian. I don't want any interference from you. Besides, you're far too valuable to get mixed up in any unnecessary scuffles. In the meantime... I'll be making my own entertainment..."

In a flash of thunder and flame, Jiren let his heat surge again, burning the remnants of webbing from his person in a flicker of his unadulterated strength. Completing a full heel turn, Jiren began his secondary charge, unleashing a greater fraction of his power before. He wanted to cherish their confrontation, not waste the final days of the universe chasing a teenager around the severed head of a celestial. Soaring through the air in a blazing tower of Ki, Jiren prepared to begin his burning assault, honing in on his before unleashing a flurry of mighty punches. From there, he planned to finish off his strike with a firm blow to her gut with his knee, more than enough to test as to what else the girl was capable of.

Screenshot_2.png

"Surrender... NOW!"

-----​

"I'll accompany you" Toppo cried, his mighty firsts becoming two clenched balls of white "Jiren can't be left unmonitored. If he's here... then we'll need all the power we can muster to overcome him" His Ki began to surge as it had during his confrontation with Kira, engulfing him in a barrier of purple light. Deep in his core, he felt a strange turn brewing. It was as if something he ate, or something he had done was coming back to haunt him. He felt the spector of consequence looming over his shoulder, watching him like the reaper and chilling him to the bone. He was... unerved. He banished the thoughts from his mind. No... He couldn't let himself get distracted. Not while victory was so close at hand... not when his reunion with Jiren was just around the corner. "When the time comes, we can't hold back. We can't be afraid to kill. Jiren will take any advantage he can, and so must we. We will find the justice we seek... and all Jiren will find is how it feels to endure a Destruction God's Wrath"
----

"Then we don't have a moment to lose!" Toppo cried, his eyes alive with the passion of leadership Jiren had robbed from him "If Jiren and his party find that vault, it's all over. In mercy's name, we need to find him. He cannot be allowed to leave here alive. He will face up to the Destroyer's Justice. He will be made to pay his dues"

"Brilliant work, Ben" Toppo called down from the air, providing cover with a flurry of Justice Flashes. As the energy spears rained down at his feet, Toppo watched as the floor they struck slowly began to grow weaker and weaker, and the legs of their foes gradually became harder to distinguish from the melted grey. His foes were immobilized and now was his chance. With his God-State unleashed, there was no telling what his body was now allowing him to do. One swift strike to disperse the herd. One swift strike to follow Ben's radiation surge. One swift strike to remind them of the significance of the seat of the Destroyer.

Raising a hand in front of him with unnerving laxness, Toppo allowed for his God Ki to surge forth once again, returning the dark glaze to his eyes and burning the mark of Belmond back into his chest. His a wave of dark energy, his hand erupted in a sea of light, his purple orb of destruction being orbited by a twisted black smog. With a single word, he unleashed his strike, letting the black sun tumble into the heart of the immobilized crowd:

"Destroy"

Pow!

View attachment 3277

@Cromartous
Severa didn't waste time getting into the elevator, partly out of a desire to deal with Othinus already, and partly because she really wanted to see how a building could take her into space. "Fake human? What, like a demon using a human as a vessel?"

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure@Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @Kaykay @Mission

---

Thank the Gods for magic, especially magic that could be used with weaponry. Though he wasn't particularly skilled with magecraft himself, Libra could at least use the thunder magic within the Bolt Axe. With the axe, the priest began wielding it not as an axe, but as a thunder rod, and shot bolts of electricity into the Mandolorians' ranks!

rmK5UmQ.jpg

"I hurryingk! I hurryingk!" NRG says as his metallic suit clunks with each step. "Vhoever is fightingk Jiren, they better know vat they're doing. Ve no need more casualties on our side."

NRG's suit began to glow like molten magma, its heat unbearable as he rushed through the army, his armour tanking their blows and the radioactive rays emerging from the grilles of his armour singing his opponents. A single touch of NRG's superheated armour could melt the enemy's weapons as he crushes their blasters in melee combat. All that was left of these weapons was but slag to merge with the floor.

He soon found himself in the middle of the Mandalorian armada, having rushed into them a little too hard.. Surrounded, he has his plans. Applying radiation to the ground, it begins to melt, but this time, red hot molten material erupts from it to consume his opponents, burning them from the melted floor!

vEan1K1.jpg

"I don't just oppose him. I killed the Revan from my universe. I beated my universes' Mandalore, what do you have?" Jordshan said, which was half true. She beated him, but she didn't not kill him herself. He became one of the Force. The reason they fought was that he tried to resurrect the Sith Emperor, Darth Vitiate. She focussed entirely on the leader now with her assault cannon. She did beat Mandalore. Well, she wasn't Mandalore at that time. A few shots did hit her, but her armor protected her a lot. The taunts didn't work so well. But hers seem to have the same effect. She tried to switch tactics. "I worked alongside Mandalorians. I know you are a proud people, born warriors, and damn good allies. It's unfortunate that I can't say the same about you." It was around these moments she wished she had taken Shae Vizla with her.
Schala Zeal
@Ver @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Cromartous
@Knowhere

Schala nodded, though... A wry smile crossed her face as she spoke, closing her eyes for a moment.

"I hope you won't blame me for trying to save him..." She said quietly.

Seeing the destructive powers being flung at the invading forces, Schala hesitated, before she concentrated... Building up arcane energy within her. She aimed for a quick, but devastating attack, designed to disable the invading forces, allowing her to move forwards to find Jiren as soon as possible.

"May you find peace..." She muttered under her breath, followed by a string of ancient, arcane words.

With that, she unleashed a devastating coupel of attacka, blasting as much of the invading force as she could muster with a deadly combination of ice, then fire magic... Forming the 'Antipode Bomb' technique she had developed during her time at the coalition. The combined elements created an explosion of dark magic, in an effort to not only cripple enemy numbers, but to scatter them to the best of her ability.​

"Err... Y-Yeah. You could say that," Touma could only utter as Severa inquired about what exactly cloning was. The Magic Side always had to look at things with such a simplistic view, no matter what world they were from, it seemed, at least from his own point of view.

Endymion_Orbital_Station_Inside-stitch.jpg

As the lift finally transported everyone to the top of Endymion, the doors opening up to reveal a long-winding path to the interior of the orbital station, there was one pressing thing that everyone would be able to notice on the path, encapsulated by reinforced glass that was the only thing that protected them from the oppressive outer space.

to-aru-majutsu-n5o-index-964341.jpg

"Wha--?!"

The path was littered with bloodied corpses of other Misaka Sisters, a grim sight that was practically waiting for them. In total, on the path alone, there must have been at least fifteen bodies, all sprawled across the floor in a disturbing display. Some of them didn't even have visible wounds on their body if one was bold enough to inspect them, as though to say their injuries were somehow entirely internal. Regardless, it seemed to be a massacre, one that the enemy clearly had no regret over.

Breaking through the momentary silence, 10032 began to walk forward. "We must keep pressing forward, especially now that their status is confirmed, MISAKA reaffirms as MISAKA begins to move," the girl said. Even with her usually stoic demeanor, one could infer that even she was disturbed by the display before her. Ollerus and Fiamma of the Right followed suit, a grim expression plastered on their faces as well.

"This... This is awful..."

"Save your words. Talk is cheap. War is the only life you should take heed in," the squad leader said to Jordshan.

However, whatever she was planning was for nothing, as he along with the rest of his squad packed in the corridor were ultimately swept away by the spectacle of everyone's combined powers. Whatever the Mandalorians' line of thinking were from wherever Revan had recruited them, it would remain a mystery, but it seemed that now was hardly the time to try to reason with them anyway.

With the room cleared out, if there was any doubt on where to go from there, a powerful rumbling could be felt through the air, as though a powerful presence had made itself known throughout the nearby corridors. Without a doubt, Jiren was nearby, and if he was already this deep into the vaults of Knowhere, then that meant he was just that close to acquiring what the Revanchist needed. There was no time to waste.

"Good job, but you're far from done. Keep moving, and you should be able to catch up with Jiren and whoever he's working with!" Doppo exclaimed over the communications link.

Even if she were unaccustomed to space and technology, one thing Severa was eerily used to was death. Death and war, they went hand in hand with each other back home. And this really was war, wasn't it? With Othinus and these Revanchist folks. As tragic as it was, Severa knew that these were far from the last casualties they would see...that is, if they didn't stop Othinus now.

"Come on," she said. "Let's get a move on."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Alex Azure@Jeremi @Crow @Lucky @Kaykay @Mission

---

"Yes, let us press on," Libra concurred, starting towards Jiren. He didn't want to stop and think of how many lives he had just taken; all he could do was murmur a small prayer for forgiveness, as well as protection for them all for whatever lay ahead.

Both Jolyne and Ermes looked on in amazement as they traveled up the elevator into space. But that look of amazement quickly turned into shock when...

"Err... Y-Yeah. You could say that," Touma could only utter as Severa inquired about what exactly cloning was. The Magic Side always had to look at things with such a simplistic view, no matter what world they were from, it seemed, at least from his own point of view.

As the lift finally transported everyone to the top of Endymion, the doors opening up to reveal a long-winding path to the interior of the orbital station, there was one pressing thing that everyone would be able to notice on the path, encapsulated by reinforced glass that was the only thing that protected them from the oppressive outer space.

"Wha--?!"

The path was littered with bloodied corpses of other Misaka Sisters, a grim sight that was practically waiting for them. In total, on the path alone, there must have been at least fifteen bodies, all sprawled across the floor in a disturbing display. Some of them didn't even have visible wounds on their body if one was bold enough to inspect them, as though to say their injuries were somehow entirely internal. Regardless, it seemed to be a massacre, one that the enemy clearly had no regret over.

Breaking through the momentary silence, 10032 began to walk forward. "We must keep pressing forward, especially now that their status is confirmed, MISAKA reaffirms as MISAKA begins to move," the girl said. Even with her usually stoic demeanor, one could infer that even she was disturbed by the display before her. Ollerus and Fiamma of the Right followed suit, a grim expression plastered on their faces as well.

"Son of a bitch..."
Jolyne cursed under her breath looking at the carnage in front of them. "That witch is going to pay. I'm going to literally jam her head up her own ass."

Ermes too looked at the bodies and gulped in discomfort. "T-There's nothing we can do other than try to stop them before they do any more shit like this. Let's go."

"Wha--?!"

Giorno could do nothing but stare at directly ahead as the doors hissed open to reveal the interior of Endymion - and with it, a path paved in the blood of the MISAKAs. The boy was silently listening as Touma described the origin of these odd girls just minutes prior. In his eyes these girls went from strange flesh-laden machines to the survivors of a horrific experiment.

Their efforts to survive such a cruel fate turned out to be wasted in the end.

"..."

jewel_toned_blues___giorno_giovanna_by_mikittykun-dbfpufj.jpg

"Let's do that, Jolyne."

The blonde-haired Joestar sucked in air through his gritting teeth and slowly walked along the path of blood, his presence practically radiating with a flaming conviction. A fusion of pride and ambition; the perfect resolve.

This must be how Jotaro felt when he killed my father for the first time.

I... understand that now, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back