"E...Excuse me?" The little mouse-man looked completely shocked by how everyone reacted. Offended, even, and he put his fists on his hips and glared at everyone. "Are you all as nasty as your manager? Is that the requirement for getting signed with Kong Studios? A lack of manners?!"

"I beg your pardon?" Margaret walked from behind Cassidy to join the group at the door. "Our what?"

"Your manager! That green guy who had you all dragged in here fast asleep! Said the light speed wiped you all out. Oh wait...if you were all sleeping, then you probably don't know who I am, huh? Well, nice to meet you all! The name's Mylar, and this," Mylar gestured to the building they were in, "is Mylar's! A lounge with the freshest new talent and a full-service bar!"

Camille would find her punch quickly blocked by Margaret, who didn't even bat an eye. "I see...and what are we doing here, Mylar? I, uh, am still a bit hazy after the trip."

"Well, you're all here for that talent show! That manager of yours is renting my stage to run some televised talent thing with new artists on his record label! Man, remind me never to try light speed."

Margaret looked at the rest of the group. "Perhaps this 'manager' of ours will know more."

"You can find him in what's supposed to be my office," Mylar said, making sure to keep a wide distance between himself and the group after Camille's attack. "Just down the hall. Said he had to deal with a bloodsucking leech that had stowed away on his ship, or something. He's kinda hard to understand when he mumbles all the time..."

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri

"E...Excuse me?" The little mouse-man looked completely shocked by how everyone reacted. Offended, even, and he put his fists on his hips and glared at everyone. "Are you all as nasty as your manager? Is that the requirement for getting signed with Kong Studios? A lack of manners?!"

"I beg your pardon?" Margaret walked from behind Cassidy to join the group at the door. "Our what?"

"Your manager! That green guy who had you all dragged in here fast asleep! Said the light speed wiped you all out. Oh wait...if you were all sleeping, then you probably don't know who I am, huh? Well, nice to meet you all! The name's Mylar, and this," Mylar gestured to the building they were in, "is Mylar's! A lounge with the freshest new talent and a full-service bar!"

Camille would find her punch quickly blocked by Margaret, who didn't even bat an eye. "I see...and what are we doing here, Mylar? I, uh, am still a bit hazy after the trip."

"Well, you're all here for that talent show! That manager of yours is renting my stage to run some televised talent thing with new artists on his record label! Man, remind me never to try light speed."

Margaret looked at the rest of the group. "Perhaps this 'manager' of ours will know more."

"You can find him in what's supposed to be my office," Mylar said, making sure to keep a wide distance between himself and the group after Camille's attack. "Just down the hall. Said he had to deal with a bloodsucking leech that had stowed away on his ship, or something. He's kinda hard to understand when he mumbles all the time..."

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Crunch @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri
What the hell is with this bitch?! Was Camille's first thought when her punch was blocked, but then, after listening to what Mylar said, she blushed and turned away. Oh... so this guy doesn't even know we've been kidnapped... She grumbled a bit, retracted her fist, and turned away.

"Coulda worded it better," she mumbled to herself taking a few steps away before beginning to think about what Mylar and said, combined with what they already knew about the situation.

Light speed? Could that be what they used to bring people from other worlds all in one place? Camille thought. And some kind of talent show... maybe the kidnapper's deciding our ransom numbers based on what we can do. Whoever the kidnapper is, as soon as I find him he's getting his ass beat...

Camille side-eyed Margaret.

And no chick here has a chance at stopping me. I can bet on that.

@Yun Lee @Everyone Else

"What's that supposed to mean--?" Maria began to ask the Doctor, speaking so matter of factly about this whole situation like it wasn't strange in the slightest to him. What was all this about different worlds and times? It felt like they were moving a bit fast, but it seemed that before they could get any further into that exchange, their predicament made some headway in due time as... a mouse man greeted them all? And she thought she'd seen everything.

View attachment 8704

"M-Manager? Kong Studios? I never..." Maria stumbled through her words, having no idea what this... thing was talking about. She'd never even heard of a Kong Studios before, and surely her own manager would never have signed an agreement like that without consulting her first, right? Of course, if what they were all saying about other worlds was accurate, then that could only mean... something else.

Tsubasa thought the same as Maria, keeping her expression hardened as she kept quiet initially. Ogawa definitely never would have agreed to hand her over to another studio, so at least that, in some part, was consistent with everyone's admittedly hasty conclusion.

View attachment 8706

"A talent show... I don't recall agreeing to such an activity," she mumbled mostly to herself. It was clear that this was a set-up, but for what underlying purpose, who could say?

Either way, it seemed that they had some sort of lead to go on. May as well move forward and stretch her legs. Tsubasa gave a silent, pointed glare at Mylar, far from trusting him at his word, but saw no other option for her at this moment. With that, she began moving with the others toward the so-called manager's "office," eager to give whoever was responsible for everyone's situation a piece of her mind.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Everybody

Lord Raptor Prologue
"The Oral Dead"

There was a smell in the studio tonight. The sickly, succulent stench of death permeated through fold-out chairs and mirrors humming with light - a macabre air that could tear a man's soul from his flesh-burdened form with just a pinch of fear and terror. Oh, but that smell wasn't sickly at all to a man of his particular tastes. It was quite divine. For it was the harbinger of a show that they'll never forget. An ugly, evil laugh croaked from somewhere behind his rotted jaws. But at this moment, they had to be burdened by meat.

The path to power has always been a fickle thing. Sometimes, you wind up being roped into an inter-dimensional talent show by some mysterious figure who had the bloody fucking audacity to take your guitar for safe-keeping. Other times, you wind up being blown to bits after trying to slurp up all the juicy souls spilling out of a sharply-dressed devil bastard. Life is funny like that, but you never let life have the last laugh.

You simply take another avenue. The one and only Lord Raptor, the God of Metal, saw that avenue and felt ready to ram a double-decker bus over anyone walking through it.

"Kidnappin', you say..." a deep, masculine voice echoes from the darkness in the corner of the dressing room, laced with an Australian accent. "I've 'eard of party-poopers before, but this is the last place I'd be throwin' a fit about, heh heh heh."

A shadow of a person lurked from his corner, the dim glow above the mirrors illuminating his form as he stepped into the light. A tall, gaunt man wreathed in a gaudy overcoat stepped forward - his skin was as a pallid as a corpse, but his lean frame lurched forward with an unsettling level of animation in its bone. The man grinned wickedly, a lit cigarette clenched firmly between his jagged teeth.

View attachment 8705

"Take it from me, mates. Opportunity doesn't come knockin' like this very often. If you're all this afraid to give a proper show... well, you should be lucky our 'mutual friend' gave you a chance at all, pardon my opinion, heh heh."

Lord Raptor grinned. It seems as if his competition wasn't up to the task. A point in his favor, if you ask him. He sauntered over to a nearby seat in the dressing room, slumping into it like a ragdoll and planting both legs up against the mirror. The little rat would have been able to see the mirror crack beneath his boots.

"C'mon now. Why don't we all jus' relaaaax, eh? You won't be winning the hearts an' minds of anyone if you spend all your time bitching and moaning into the mic!"

@Gummi Bunnies @MaxIrvaron @Space_Candy @Lucky @Sark @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Yun Lee @Ver @Farewell @Minerva @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri

Sarah Lynn had nothing in the way of "theories" for she really had little thought at all about the situation. Whether it was a kidnapping, a drug trip gone bad, or a bit of both, it did not seem to phase the pop star at all.

Well, she was really hankering for something to eat, actually.

"Man, did I agree to a gig and I don't even remember? No wonder BoJack bailed..." Perking up, Sarah Lynn jumped from her seat. "Mylar, I'm gonna need food if you want me to perform at the best of my ability, stat! Come on, dumb shits, we're talent!"

@Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @MaxIrvaron @Everybody

Talent Show? Manager? "The Doctor doesn't need a manager. The Doctor is his own manager." That's the thing to get upset about? "Oh, he's going to hear some choice words. I bet I'm not even top billing. I wonder if I can renew my contract."

"What's that supposed to mean--?" Maria began to ask the Doctor, speaking so matter of factly about this whole situation like it wasn't strange in the slightest to him. What was all this about different worlds and times? It felt like they were moving a bit fast, but it seemed that before they could get any further into that exchange, their predicament made some headway in due time as... a mouse man greeted them all? And she thought she'd seen everything.

View attachment 8704

"M-Manager? Kong Studios? I never..." Maria stumbled through her words, having no idea what this... thing was talking about. She'd never even heard of a Kong Studios before, and surely her own manager would never have signed an agreement like that without consulting her first, right? Of course, if what they were all saying about other worlds was accurate, then that could only mean... something else.

Tsubasa thought the same as Maria, keeping her expression hardened as she kept quiet initially. Ogawa definitely never would have agreed to hand her over to another studio, so at least that, in some part, was consistent with everyone's admittedly hasty conclusion.

View attachment 8706

"A talent show... I don't recall agreeing to such an activity," she mumbled mostly to herself. It was clear that this was a set-up, but for what underlying purpose, who could say?

Either way, it seemed that they had some sort of lead to go on. May as well move forward and stretch her legs. Tsubasa gave a silent, pointed glare at Mylar, far from trusting him at his word, but saw no other option for her at this moment. With that, she began moving with the others toward the so-called manager's "office," eager to give whoever was responsible for everyone's situation a piece of her mind.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Everybody

"What are you two doing?" The Doctor asked Marie and Tsubasa as he came up behind them. "You don't take the lead. I take the lead. That's how this works. Big clues, first in the pack." He hastened his steps so that he'd be the first one to enter the office and confront this manager of theirs. "Besides you probably wouldn't even know what to ask him."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Everbody

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Minerva @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Ver @EveryoneElse

"Oh? It's time?" Snufkin said, barely getting a lick of the sleep he promised himself.

605fffa4de22fc7deaca421dd8b2635b.jpg

"I'm going off to see the manager. If you three wanna join me that's perfectly fine," he says to Rise, Dante, and Neko.

He walks out of the room and towards the Manager's office, not waiting for anyone else.

Then The Doctor spoke up.

"What are you two doing?" The Doctor asked Marie and Tsubasa as he came up behind them. "You don't take the lead. I take the lead. That's how this works. Big clues, first in the pack." He hastened his steps so that he'd be the first one to enter the office and confront this manager of theirs. "Besides you probably wouldn't even know what to ask him."

tenor.gif

"Huh? Who made you the leader? I don't even know who you are!"

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Minerva @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Ver @EveryoneElse

"Oh? It's time?" Snufkin said, barely getting a lick of the sleep he promised himself.

605fffa4de22fc7deaca421dd8b2635b.jpg

"I'm going off to see the manager. If you three wanna join me that's perfectly fine," he says to Rise, Dante, and Neko.

He walks out of the room and towards the Manager's office, not waiting for anyone else.

Then The Doctor spoke up.

tenor.gif

"Huh? Who made you the leader? I don't even know who you are!"

The Doctor spun around to face Snufkin.

jzh8dP0.png

"Who am I? I'm the Doctor. I elected myself the leader because I'm no doubt the only one here who can get you out of this situation alive, and because no one else did. No backsies."

@Capri @Ver @Yun Lee @Everybody

"Well if it's food you want, head on down to the lounge," Mylar said, jabbing his thumb in the opposite direction of the office. "Your bill's covered by your manager. One thing he's done that hasn't been a pain in my ass..." His eyes widened as he saw Raptor crack his mirror. "H-Hey! I'm adding that to your group's bill! Along with anything else you all wreck before this is over..."

@Atomic Knight @Crunch

"We can decide who leads and who follows when we have an idea of what's going on here." Margaret encouraged those ahead to move along. "I'm eager to meet this 'manager' of ours and get an idea of what he's trying to accomplish."

Down the hall the group would see a door with MYLAR on it in gold lettering. Or at least, they would, had the YLA portion of the sign not been covered by a piece of paper with a black marker writing: "TALENT SEARCH MANAGER. KEEP OUT OR ELSE". There was a voice coming from the other side, raspy and with a thick British accent.

"Er, oh, yeah, yeah! We got all sorts of talent from all over the place! Pop stars, rock stars, rappers, yappers...you name the genre and we got it right here! Heh...well lemme ask you somethin', mate. You know Pink Floyd? The Rollin' Stones? Black Sabbath? The bloody Beatles? Yeah? Well, none of 'em are worthy enough to wipe the arses of any one of my rising stars! I'm tellin' you, Sammy, this is gonna be--ack!" The manager suddenly started hacking and coughing on the other side. "Ugh...sorry, mate. Made the mistake of drinkin' more of that liquid diarrhea our sponsor's passin' of as an energy drink...yeah, yeah I know, I know, but they're bankrollin' everyone in the galaxy these days. Gotta get some of that green so I can make my own."

@Jeremi @Ver @Capri @MaxIrvaron

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @MaxIrvaron

The Doctor spun around to face Snufkin.

jzh8dP0.png

"Who am I? I'm the Doctor. I elected myself the leader because I'm no doubt the only one here who can get you out of this situation alive, and because no one else did. No backsies."

For the first time in a long while, Snufkin was at a loss of words.

The guy, despite being a grown man, was acting like a child who "saw the kite first" and as such should be the one who plays with it. He's using that same exact knowledge but for leading a group. He bets he's not actually a doctor at all.

Just to spite the Doctor, Snufkin knocks on the door immediately.

"We're here to talk to you, Mr. Manager," Snufkin called in, "We're those talent show people,"

"Well if it's food you want, head on down to the lounge," Mylar said, jabbing his thumb in the opposite direction of the office. "Your bill's covered by your manager. One thing he's done that hasn't been a pain in my ass..." His eyes widened as he saw Raptor crack his mirror. "H-Hey! I'm adding that to your group's bill! Along with anything else you all wreck before this is over..."

@Atomic Knight @Crunch

"We can decide who leads and who follows when we have an idea of what's going on here." Margaret encouraged those ahead to move along. "I'm eager to meet this 'manager' of ours and get an idea of what he's trying to accomplish."

Down the hall the group would see a door with MYLAR on it in gold lettering. Or at least, they would, had the YLA portion of the sign not been covered by a piece of paper with a black marker writing: "TALENT SEARCH MANAGER. KEEP OUT OR ELSE". There was a voice coming from the other side, raspy and with a thick British accent.

"Er, oh, yeah, yeah! We got all sorts of talent from all over the place! Pop stars, rock stars, rappers, yappers...you name the genre and we got it right here! Heh...well lemme ask you somethin', mate. You know Pink Floyd? The Rollin' Stones? Black Sabbath? The bloody Beatles? Yeah? Well, none of 'em are worthy enough to wipe the arses of any one of my rising stars! I'm tellin' you, Sammy, this is gonna be--ack!" The manager suddenly started hacking and coughing on the other side. "Ugh...sorry, mate. Made the mistake of drinkin' more of that liquid diarrhea our sponsor's passin' of as an energy drink...yeah, yeah I know, I know, but they're bankrollin' everyone in the galaxy these days. Gotta get some of that green so I can make my own."

SNUFKIN
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @MaxIrvaron

For the first time in a long while, Snufkin was at a loss of words.

The guy, despite being a grown man, was acting like a child who "saw the kite first" and as such should be the one who plays with it. He's using that same exact knowledge but for leading a group. He bets he's not actually a doctor at all.

Just to spite the Doctor, Snufkin knocks on the door immediately.

"We're here to talk to you, Mr. Manager," Snufkin called in, "We're those talent show people,"

Oh for crying out loud. Not one for etiquette or decency the Doctor grabbed hold of the door and pushed it open not even waiting for a reply.

mgLYtDI.png

"Hello. I take it you're the manager?"

@Yun Lee @Ver

The office looked as though normally it would be kept neat, but it was a place filled with musical equipment, empty beer cans, and half-eaten takeout. There were a few opened trunks with foam outlines of instruments, though one trunk remained both closed and taped shut. At the desk sat the manager, feet propped up on the table as he spoke on the phone.

"Buh-Guh-what the--" The manager sputtered as the door flew open, and the phone flew up into the air before he caught it with his hands. "Er, hold on, Sammy. I'll have to call you back." Hanging up the phone, he gave you all an irritated glare, as if your arrival was more of an annoyance than anything.

View attachment 8709

"Did no one ever teach you lot to knock? Bloody millennials, their folks don't raise 'em right these days..."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @MaxIrvaron @Office​

@Atomic Knight @Crunch

The office looked as though normally it would be kept neat, but it was a place filled with musical equipment, empty beer cans, and half-eaten takeout. There were a few opened trunks with foam outlines of instruments, though one trunk remained both closed and taped shut. At the desk sat the manager, feet propped up on the table as he spoke on the phone.

"Buh-Guh-what the--" The manager sputtered as the door flew open, and the phone flew up into the air before he caught it with his hands. "Er, hold on, Sammy. I'll have to call you back." Hanging up the phone, he gave you all an irritated glare, as if your arrival was more of an annoyance than anything.

View attachment 8709

"Did no one ever teach you lot to knock? Bloody millennials, their folks don't raise 'em right these days..."

Oh, so this guy is the dipshit I'm gonna beat up. Camille moved slightly out of tune with the rest of the pack, letting Snufkin and the Doctor ask their questions. Maybe this guy's a pawn, too. But he said... "our" sponsor? Camille grumbled and rolled her eyes. It's so stupid that chick from before is making me rethink things. By all means, the words he used should mean that he should get socked in the head... but I'll wait until they see what this guy's really about.

In the meantime, Camille moved sort of to the front; ready to talk once the others were done, but not necessarily putting herself up as one of the people who'd spoken. She wanted to get to the bottom of this through the easiest way she knew how; by kicking ass. And boy, was she in an ass-kicking mood right now.​

Neko figured it was the best idea to check out the manager that supposedly talent searched them. Last she checked, she was a completely independent content creator, there was no way she let herself get roped into something like this, especially without her knowledge.

❝ Uh... hello manager! Excuse us, we just... um, wanted to get a catch up... talk. ❞ She awkwardly spat out words once the Doctor opened the door without any other warning, and they were met with the manager's annoyed stare.

@Jeremi @Ver @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Yun Lee

Huh. Weird, all that talk about a manager confused Calliope. Was it even fine for Hololive idols to be... scouted out like this? Did YAGOO give the okay for this? Well, it looked like it's too late to figure any of that out, so she figured to let everyone else have their talk with the manager.

❝ This lounge of yours better have some red wine. I think I really need a drink before I start assessing my many life decisions up until this point... ❞ The reaper grumbled out loud at Mylar, hoping that there was some silver lining in this. It wasn't every day that she could get to indulge herself with some cheap alcohol, or any alcohol at all.

❝ But really... other worlds. Death-sensei never prepared me for that, and I'm seeing why. It's really... f-wording confusing. Like, I guess technically it could be seen as a collab, I think? ❞ Going off of Rushia's comments, Calliope was only confusing herself more. She should really stop thinking too hard about this. Vocaloids? Drives? Intergalactic talent show? Miss her with that shit. Again, better to leave that to whoever understands it.

... who was still snoring away anyways?

Oh.

wUcm5Xh.png

❝ ... oh I really thought this wouldn't get any worse. C'mon, Korone-senpai, wakey wakey! Uhh... ❞ She darted her eyes around before turning her attention back to the other Hololive senpai that was here. ❝ There's fresh bread at this lounge up ahead, I bet! Yeah! Time to wakey wakey before it goes cold, senpai! ❞

The reaper definitely felt a bit of herself die inside. This band of Hololive members here were an embarrassing mess right now compared to the others, Calliope could totally feel it.

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Yun Lee

View attachment 8709

"I don't know, did anyone ever teach you to not kidnap people?" The Doctor fully walked into the office pulled up a chair to sit right in front of the man. "So you're the mastermind of this little operation?" The Doctor placed his feet on top of the desk. "Can't say I'm very impressed. I'm just curious how you pulled it off. Slipped something in our drinks? Made a mockery of space and time dragging us here to a talent show? A talent show I might add I don't even have top billing on. You nab the Doctor and you don't even tell anyone about it. I have to say. Very disappointed. As far as kidnappings go this is about a...6? Out of 10."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Everybody

Cooper Reid

Cooper decided to take a breath, looking over at the scene. " To be fair, we don't know if he kidnapped us- we just know we woke up in a strange place. Though, I wouldn't put such high praise on us before we perform. For all you know, we could suck."

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Managers

Evan Hansen

As curious as he was about the manager, he looked over at Mylar. " If I may ask, where exactly are we?" He asked. He wondered if that would work...... he doubted it.

@Yun Lee

SWEET ANN
@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Crow @EveryoneElse

Ann saw Calliope say something about bread and walked over to see what was happening over there.

She knelt down by Korone and smiled. Shaking her, Ann tried to wake her up.

View attachment 8711
"Oh, young one~, it's time to wake up~" she softly sang.

This was how she would wake up Oliver when he overslept and it always worked like a charm. She hopes it would work on Korone like it normally does Oliver.​

The man blinked once, twice, looking at The Doctor as if he'd been slapped. "Kidnapping?" He sounded extremely offended. "Kidnapping?! Whatareyouwhatd'youmeanI...Kidnapping?!?! I will have you know that I have never, ever kidnapped a single person in my entire life! I can't believe you've done this. I spend months working on this show, and you all go and repay me by barging in, interrupting my very important phone call, and accusing me of being a...a kidnapper!!"

"If we weren't kidnapped," Margaret said, stepping forward, "Then why don't we remember anything about this...or about you?"

"I warned you all as you boarded the ship. Light-speed travel turns your brain into static." He waved her away with his hand. "You'll remember everything in a few days, once you're all back home. All you have to do is get through tonight's talent show and I'll be takin' everyone back right after."

"That still doesn't answer my--"

"Oh, I know what it is you all want. It's your instruments, right?" He got up from the table, picking up a random guitar and strumming on it. "If any of you had musical instruments on you, they're here. Mylar has weapons in a special room an' won't let us take 'em back until after the show. Wants to avoid bar fights an' all that, the boring ol' rat."

Margaret still wasn't convinced. "And my powers? Any reason I can't use those?"

"Same thing. Mylar neutralizes special abilities in this place with some sort of...nullifyin' tech or somethin' like that. You'll be back to normal once you step outside this place."

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @MaxIrvaron @Capri @Gummi Bunnies

---

"Well like I said, this is Mylar's, my own lounge," Mylar said. "But where you're at is Ohmtown. The only city in this wasteland for miles. Takes three days to get to Nuke York by bus alone."

@Lucky @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Sark @Crow @Takumi @mintyy @Farewell

Back