The Vampire's Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Most people do not wish to befriend someone who is capable of, not to mention willing to, break a man's neck with their bare hands, but in truth, it is sadly an easy feat to accomplish," he told her. "I think you probably have seen me before, but I go out of my way not to make an impression on people with whom I have no exact business with."

"Well, I'm not part of 'most people' then. And I meant I wander during the day. Why would I wander around at night when anyone could try and kill me, like when we met? Well, any other questions?"

"I have polymorphic light eruption, which is also known as 'sun poisoning,'" Clancy replied with a sniff. "I do not go out in the day. The sunlight causes extreme pain."

"Neither do I, nor do I think anyone has the answer," he replied calmly. "It is one of those ancient riddles that sound so intelligent until one realizes their futility."

"Ah, I see," Clancy nodded. "Well, now that we have exchanged riddles and questions, perhaps we should part ways?"

"Goodnight, Miss Allison," Clancy sighed. Oh, dear. It seemed she had fully attached herself to him. That was going to be an issue. Hopefully, she would soon get bored of him. If not, he would just move again.

Allison now looked forward to seeing Clancy in the night and that fondness was not likely to leave for quite a while. That day, instead of going to the library, she went to the park and lingered until the sunset. She was now looking forward to the time she was able to spend with him, and had almost, almost forgotten about the fact that he was a vampire.

It was late by the time Clancy walked past the park. He was actually on his way to another meeting, but his route took him right past the park.

Allison noticed Clancy as she was looking around and smiled. She was about to leave the park and go talk to him, then stopped. If she wanted to be his friend, she shouldn't annoy him every night. The sight of him now made her happy, and she left the park to go home. Maybe two nights to not talk to him is sufficient.

Clancy noticed Allison, and when she did not come to speak to him, tension he did not realize he was holding faded away. She was leaving him alone! Then the tension was replaced by confusion. Why hadn't she come to speak to him? He should be happy, but now he was just confused and a touch concerned.

He shook his head and went about his business. One should not look a gift horse in the mouth. It was enough that she was leaving him alone. Why should he be worried? No, he should not be. He focused on enjoying his night and went home. There was no need to be worried.

((I think this is my best response on an RP yet.))

During the two nights, in which Allison went straight home after reading at the library, she felt restless. The pain of breaking her new habit of chatting with Clancy so soon could be compared to being burnt alive. What made it worse is that before the two days, daytime turned into nighttime rather quickly, but during the two days, and the day that would soon let her speak to him again, Allison felt each tick of the clock would send her into madness. Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock... Every second felt like an hour, and it ruined her.

Last edited:
For his part, Clancy did not really miss Allison. He had spent a long time alone, and now that he did not fear the impending doom of discovery and destruction, he let it go. He did idly wonder about her once or twice, but to say she was at the forefront of his thoughts would not have been untrue. What was there to think about? Not much other than many, many questions.

He did take the time to hunt for his food. The vampire focused primarily on humans of the less reputable type for his feedings. Yes, he did have a certain amount of morality, but in truth, if a criminal or other person of an undesirable trait accidentally died, the authorities would not be overly concerned about finding the purpatraitor. The criminal element were a safe prey zone.

This night, Clancy was on his way into town to pick up a few items for one of his personal hobbies. He glanced at his list as he headed for the market. Yes, this market should have the items that he needed. He'd already had to order a couple of extra parts online as the typical store did not carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back