The Vampire's Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have a very strict diet, I am afraid," he said with a sigh. "Sugar makes me horribly, horribly ill, and all of this is sugary. Please, this was for you, in any case. Enjoy!"

She replied, "That's too bad." Allison then continued to eat, easily making her way through the food. "Thank you." She said, happy that she might be able to be his friend.

"Yeah. You're so kind!" Allison replied. She made it through the night, and he didn't even harmfully touch her! While bursting with delight on the inside, she remained calm on the outside. "I'm assuming we're friends. Am I right?"

Allison smiled back, just hoping Clancy would leave. She ignored what he said, looked outside, then looked back at him "Well, bye!"

Clancy's brows rose, and a frown appeared breifly before he swallowed it back down. "I see." He stood and bowed. "Good night, Miss Allison. Please try to leave the library during daylight hours from now on." He let himself out, not locking the door behind himself.

Allison watched him go and stayed sitting on the floor for a few seconds, before standing back up and letting out a breath she was unintentionally holding. "Made it..." She muttered to herself, relieved. That day, in order to make sure that she met Clancy again, Allison went back to her normal habit of reading fictional stories in the library, again staying until it closed. This time, instead of going right on the path home, she went over to the park, seeing no reason to try and head straight home.

Last edited:
Clancy avoided Allison. Why should he look her up? That was just trouble. In fact, he was considering moving out of town. It was about time. After spending a certain amount of time in one place, people started to notice when you never aged.

((Is this okay?))

Allison now went around looking for Clancy. She was hoping that she could be his friend for reasons she didn't know. Regardless, she finally saw him after a while, and came over to him, "Hi, Clancy! How are you?"

Clancy turned as he waited for the walk signal to blink and raised his brow. "Ah, Miss Allison. I did not expect to see you here. I am well, thank you, and yourself?"

"Such as getting grabbed by strangers intent on doing you harm?" Clancy asked lightly. The traffic light changed, and the green walk signal lit up. He stepped out and started across. Allison was welcome to come if she could keep up, but he had somewhere to be and could not stand forever on a street corner talking.

Allison quickly tried to follow, hoping to keep talking to Clancy as long as possible "I didn't want that guy to grab me, thank you very much. No one would want to be almost dragged away and likely killed. Now, getting off of that topic, I want to get to know you better."

And yet, it had happened to her twice. That sort of thing happening to someone once was a statistical anomaly in of itself, but twice? In the same spot? By the same man? Clancy did not have to be a math wiz to know that was completely outside the norm. But he let her follow him and dropped the subject. "I sincerely doubt you want to get to know me better. I think you want certain questions answered," he replied in amusement.

"Why would I? What 'certain questions' would I even ask? I can actually tell you. One, what's your last name, two, what's your favorite color, three, what's your favorite animal, four, what is or are your favorite book or books, and five, when were you born? The birthday doesn't have to include the year, it can just be the month and day."

Clancy paused on the other side of the street and looked at her. "And how do I know you are not fishing for my information?" he asked mildly. "All of those questions can be found as banking security questions. Perhaps you staged all of this in order to steal my identity."

"No, I didn't. As I said, I just want to get to know you! Is there something wrong with wanting to get to know one another? I'll answer my own questions if that could clear suspicion. First, my last name is Birch, like the tree type. Second, my favorite color is light blue, third, my favorite animal is cats, fourth, I think I said my favorite books on the night we met, but in case I didn't, the Harry Potter series and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, fifth, my birthday is on January second."

Last edited:
Clancy sighed. He wasn't getting rid of this one easily. So he started walking. "McCleary, and yes, it's Irish. I never picked a favorite color, but I suppose red will do. I do not have a favorite animal. Plato's Phaedo. And June first." At least, he thought it was June first. He hadn't celebrated in years, just marked the passage of time with idle interest.

Allison smiled as she followed behind. She was getting this friendship somewhere, and it wasn't negative. "Oh, and one more question, if you chose a mythical creature, and that creature suddenly existed, what would you choose? I would probably choose thestrals."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back