The Vampire's Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes, what I want is for you to stop landing yourself in trouble," Clancy said blandly. "I do not want any kind of repayment other than that."

"That isn't good enough. I need to repay you with more than that. I don't care how much you tell me not to." Allison followed Clancy, bewildered by her own behavior, but feeling that it was too late to stop.

"Do you act this way with every person who does you a good turn?" Clancy asked without slowing his step. "I can only imagine what you offer the man who holds open the door for you."

"Angry? You do not seem to be that angry, just... confused. Perhaps you should go see a doctor," Clancy remarked.

"I am not, and I will not unless I wanted to explain this!" She tugged on him to turn him around, and after finally succeeding, pulled the neck of her sweater down to show the blemish "What is this from? What is it really from?"

Clancy arched his brow. "You would like for me to ecplain your hickey? Very well. A hickey is a skin blemish, especially a mark caused by a lover biting or sucking the skin."

"No, urgh, what did you do!? I know you did something weird, and I want to know what! It's definitely not a hickey, so what is it!?" She growled, growing irritated. She knew what he could do, but she didn't care. She needed to know what truly happened.

Clancy looked her over, feeling amused now. "You just watched me kill a man. Should you not be more concerned over whether or not I will kill you to keep you quiet?" he remarked casually. "I think you should go see a therapist if you are so torn up over a brief kissing session during which you thanked a man for saving your life, twice now, if my count is right. Good night." He gave a little bow and started walking.

Allison stopped and watched him go, then turned around and went back to her house. The mark definitely wasn't from a kissing session, so what was it from? Instead of reading her favorite fictions, she scoured the town for people who recognized Clancy. However, this search came up short.

She was going to be a troublesome one, wasn't she? Perhaps he should have killed her. Perhaps he should kill her now. He would wait until he was thoroughly hungry then offer to tell her all the answers she wanted... and then kill her and make it look like a robbery gone wrong. It was an easy enough stage to set, and random killings were some of the hardest to solve. For now, Clancy resolved to let her stew for the next two days without seeing him once. Then he would make his move.

The first day, she did not give up the search for someone who met Clancy, and still, this search did not come to fruition. The second day, she went to the library to read about supernatural lore. He snapped someone's neck without any effort, so it had to be something that was super strong. She couldn't immediately remember what happened that night, so it would have to be something that could wipe memory, and the blood. She finally figured it out when the library closed once again and rubbed the spot on her neck after leaving.

Clancy took extra time on his appearance this night. Oh, he always fussed and preened, but this night he took extra care because this night, he intended to woo a lady. A suit and tie were the right way to go, black suit, white shirt, crimson tie, and, of course, his jaunty fedora. He stuck a tiny green feather in the brim of his hat, picked up his cane, and strolled out. Yes, he looked like a gentleman out of a black and white movie, but there was a reason why some looks were classic!

Now, where should he go? Hmm, how about first to pick up some food, then to the library area. The library would be closing in half an hour. He should have just enough time to get there a few minutes after closing. He stopped by a rather fancy restaurant that did a nice takeaway spread, then he all but appeared at the corner of the library, basket hung over his arm.

Allison saw Clancy coming as she left the library and immediately went in the direction of her house, intending to avoid the vampire. She subconsciously rubbed the spot on her neck again, surprised that she didn't think of it before. The blood thing was a red flag, and the blemish on her neck was an even bigger red flag, with the whole thing of him only showing himself at night was the biggest of the warnings. However, she had ignored them until now.

Last edited:
"Ah, Miss Allison!" Clancy purred, stepping up next to her and falling in step. Of course he'd spotted her almost instantly. He was a hunter, and she was not very good at camouflage. "I believe I left you in something of a disconcerted nature the other evening, and I hoped to make it up to you."

((Is it better?))

Allison looked up at Clancy, a little confused. Why hasn't he killed her already? Despite that thought racing around her head, she tried to trust him "Yeah, I was acting pretty rude too. I'm sorry for doing that. Um, I like the way you look." She smiled at him.

Last edited:
((Much better!))

Clancy preened a little at that statement. "Why, thank you for noticing," he smiled. "You are looking quite nice, yourself. Oh, and," he held up his basket, "I brought you a little something to hopefully make amends with you by way of your tastebuds. I am told this restaurant has excellent cooking, though I have not had the pleasure of dining there, myself."

"Thank you. Though, how come you haven't ate there before?" Allison asked while looking at the basket, feigning confusion when she knew why. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Maybe he just needed someone friendly to talk to.

Last edited:
"I do not eat at fancy places often. I find them to usually be far overpriced," Clancy said with a wave of his hand. "Small portions with high prices? No thank you."

"That's true," Allison agreed, happy that Clancy wasn't attacking her, however still suspicious. It was possible that he was faking, though she started to rule that out with how he was behaving. "Again, I'm sorry that I was acting so rude the other night, it's become a bad habit of mine."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back