The Vampire's Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clancy gave her a look of amusement. "That is a unique bad habit, I must say, but I do thank you for the apology." He relaxed a little. Maybe he didn't have to kill her, but it still was not outside of the realm of possibility. He would have to continue to test her and make certain she would not make things difficult for him. One did not live to be as old as he was without a certain amount of caution and paranoia.

"Well, I hope you don't mind me asking, why did you help me when that brute first attacked me? I'm a nobody, so no one would care if I died, and thus, you didn't have a plausible reason to protect me." She asked, genuinely confused.

"No one is truly a nobody, not unless, I suppose, one has been entirely isolated their entire life and does not interact with anyone at all, they might be a nobody," Clancy mused, "but you are not a nobody. And you needed help. Should not ever decent person lend aid when it is asked of them? It would be most un-chivalrous to walk away when there is someone in distress."

Allison smiled at this "I might as well close myself off from the world, seeing as how terrible as it is. There will be an occasional gem, like yourself, but for the most part, everyone is terrible in one way or another." She commented as she relaxed. She might've been granted mercy!

"I find that no matter what the situation or creature, if you look expecting to find negativity, you will find it and rarely if ever see the positive, be it humanity or a dog breed, but if you seek the positive while being aware of the negative, the world is a much brighter place," Clancy replied. "On the negative note, if we linger here much longer, the food shall get cold." He lifted the basket with a smile.

Allison looked at the basket once more, then back up at Clancy, now feeling a bit better about it, though still wary. "That's true. How about we head to my house again?" She proposed, hoping that he wouldn't kill her.

Last edited:
"If you trust me within your personal space, then yes, that would be most agreeable," Clancy smiled. He offered his arm. "Shall we?"

"Well, the best way to gain friendship is trust." Allison returned the smile, becoming less cautious and more relieved. She hoped she had assured Clancy that she was trustworthy as she accepted the gesture. However, she knew that there was a slight possibility she had not cracked the layer of caution.

"Is it really?" Clancy remarked. "I thought trust was arrived at through friendship, but I suppose it could be the other way around. And how might one prove oneself as being trustworthy? At least in your eyes."

"By trusting the other. If you don't think the potential friend is someone to trust, how can you prove that you're someone to trust?"

"Well, what would you do to get someone to trust you? Other than getting them expensive food, and dressing even more elegantly than normal."

"I would treat them kindly, speak softly, and behave courteously around them," Clancy said promptly. He indicated the house they were approaching. "Is this one yours?"

Allison looked at it, and confirmed, "Yes it is." She ignored her new thoughts that were all saying to not trust him, walked up to the door, unlocked it, and opened it, showing the usual filled shelves of books, and piles of blankets and pillows.

"Forgive me if this is a private question, but why do you have pillows and blankets everywhere?" he asked, carefully stepping his way inside.

"Because sometimes I wrap myself up with pillows and blankets to read when I don't go to the library," She answered, a little embarrassed "and sometimes the floor is strangely comfier than anything else."

Last edited:
"Very well, that is reasonable," Clancy agreed. "Perhaps you could use one of these blankets to create a picnic blanket on the floor?"

"Yeah." Allison pulled one from the mountain of blankets and moved the rest to the side. She then laid the blanket she grabbed down, sat down, and sat with her legs crisscrossed, smiling.

Clancy laid out the food and joined her. It was mostly desserts and treats with a bottle of sparkling cider to go with it.

Allison beamed at him gratefully and began to eat. After a bit, she pretended to be confused "Why aren't you eating anything? It's really good." She asked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back