Shocked by how quickly the door swung open, Reyna took a step back. "I..... uh....." She mumbled before gathering her composure. Standing up straight, she dusted off her thin sweater and blue jeans. "I'm Reyna Dewberry, looking for the great sorcerer." She said firmly. She was sent her by the elders of the coven, not really sure what to expect, she just followed the pull of energy.

Malia stared at the woman. Part of her had tensed up. Her markings moved a little under her sleeves. She didn't like the term the female used but knew too well what she meant. Gently she touches the little one on the head. "It is alright. " she says softly to him.

Then she looks back to the female. "Wha do you want with them?"

He enjoyed her gentle touch and nuzzled into her hand a little. Not really listening much to the conversation, he didn't think he was interrupting when he said "It's stuck. . .The arm band is. . ." He frowned, gripped at it and tugging a bit but it didn't budge.

Running a hand through her wild curls, Reyna blinked her light green eyes. "Well it's easier if I just show you." She said, glancing behind her to make sure no one was lurking in the bushes. "Two days ago, I had normal, minuscule powers." Opening her hand, palm up she tried to use her magic but a small spark shot from the middle of her palm and fizzed out. "Now they're gone and I have this." Flipping her hand this time, she pointed to the bare ground next to them and watched as a small sprout grew out of the ground, growing quickly until it matured into a large rose bush with blooming red roses.

"I'm already 18, my powers shouldn't have changed like this. The elders said that I have to find someone who could help me." She said quietly, remembering the whispers and fear in their eyes once the coven discovered her new powers.

Malia watches as the girl demonstrated her change in powers. It wasn't something she had seen before bit she could feel something in the girl. "How long has this been going on for?" She questions.

Gently she touches the boy's head again and looks to the arm band he spoke of. "I may be able to get it off. " she lightly touches the band curiously.

He frowned, holding his arm out for her. The band was hard and strong, it was nearly unbreakable and on really tight, as if he hasn't removed it for a while.
"It hurts when I try to pull it off."

As he spoke, he eyed the beautiful rose bush. "Wooow! That's beautiful." he said, reaching out towards it with his other arm. "May I have a rose?"

"Um, about a day or so." She answered, smiling at the compliment from the boy. "For a few hours, I couldn't figure out why my magic went away but then I uh cried and a tree grew from where they landed." Reaching into the rose bush, she picked the biggest one, removing the thorns before handing it to him. "There you go cutie."

Malia nods a bit to the female. "I haven't seen that happen before but your energy is different from a normal magic user." She nods. "Come in. I'll see what I can do."

Then she turns her attention to the band on his arm. "How long have you had this for?" She asks curiously. Gently she touches it. It was different than anything she had seen but she begins to focus on its energy, working to shift it into something else as she tries to remove it harmlessly from his arm.

"Ah, thank you!" He smiled wide, gently taking it and then smelling it. "It's lovely. . .Oh I. . ."
He paused a moment, puzzled.
"I've worn it ever since master told me too. . .I've never taken it off."
He flinches when she touches it and then whined softly when she tried to remove it.
Some sort of dark, magical force was bound to it, preventing it from being morphable, at least by her hands.

Watching the struggle before her, she looked closely at the boy. Who was this master her spoke of? Taking in the unusual color of his skin and hair, she wondered where he came from. Maybe he was one of the sorcerers that would help her. If this lady could do magic as powerful as what she witnessed earlier, she wondered what all he was capable of.

Malia takes her hand off the thing as she felt it wasn't giving and she heard him whimper. "Hmmmm I'm really not liking your master..." She mutters. Then nods. "Need to look into it some more. It may be connected to him some how."

She looks to the female. "I wonder, your powers, does a rose bush always appear since this change happened? Also did your elders not know anything?"

He frowned worried and then stuttered. "H-He's not my master anymore! You are!" He whined, tugging at it more. "It should come off! It has too!!" Obviously upset, he continued to pull, whining more.

"No. I can pretty much condure up any kind of plant." She answered demonstrating once again. Cupping her hands so that she could grow a miniature apple tree. "We are a neutral coven, meaning we deal with small acts of magic, elixirs and casting. The most I could do before was condure up a small flame."

Gently Malia took her hands and placed them on his cheeks and looked him square in the eyes. "Yes I am your master now. You must be calm. Be strong. So long has I breath I will not let anything happen to you. Your old master is gone and can't hurt you anymore. We'll figure out how to get the thing off. I promise."

She glances to the female. "So no matter what you do, you only grow plants? " she asks.

He frowned and then blushed, relaxing in her hands. He loved her kindness, craved it. He's never felt so appreciated before.
". . .okay. Thank you, master." He closed his eyes and then moved forward, trying to give her a warm hug.
"I trust you. . ." he mumbled.

He then lifted his gaze up to the other girl quite curious. "Can you grow blue flowers too?" As he asked, he reached up, slipping the rose into Malia's hair, after all, it looked quite lovely on her.

"Yeah. Plants seem to just pop up. I can just think about it and it grows." She explaing, sitting down on the floor next to the little guy. "I sûre can." With little effort, she held out her hands and the miniature tree wilted quickly, a cluster of blue morning glories replacing it.

"What's your name?" She asked him, offering the flowers to him.

She welcomed the hug and hugged him back as well. She smiles softly then turns her attention to the female again. "Its almost as if your powers have just changed...focus in a way." She says curiously.

His eyes widened and he gently reaches out and takes them. "Thank you. . .my name is Ghirahim." He looked up at her with a soft happy blush. People were being so nice to him. If this is what it's like as a child. . .I'm not sure I want to grow big again. . . he thought to himself, sniffing the flowers. He listened carefully, but his mind kept pulling him away from his concentration. These flowers. . .they remind me of mother's dresses. . . He slowly pulled one away from the group and slipped it into his own hair as they talked.

"Changed focus for good?" She asked, looking up at her. "I won't be accepted in my coven if that's true. I guess that wont be the worst thing that could happen. I never really wanted to be there anyway." Think back to the way her mother and father rushed her to the elders without any questions angered her. It was as if she was a completely new person and not the daughter who struggled to please them. This thought reminded her of what she had been given and she took off her back pack and dumped the contents out on the floor. With the last shake, a long and thin cylinder shaped container bounced out. Picking it up, she stood and offered it to the lady.

"This scroll is all that I was told about you by the elders. I wrote it down after I was sent out." It contained the myths of a wise and powerful sorcerer who harbored unfathomable power to change anything they wished. The elders instructed her to be kind and respectful and she would be able find answers to what had happened to her powers. That had also admitted that they were not prepared for such an unusual situation and they were at loss for what else to do. All that they provided for her trip was a small car, a bag of cash she kept in the trunk of the car, and this scroll.

Malia regards the girl for a moment. "I think before we discuss anything else, you need to know what you want. Truly want. You have a wonderful gift. To produce life is nothing to be ashamed or scared of. "

She arches a brow as she looks to the scroll. "I have never met these elders yet they know of me." She murmurs. She pulls her sleeves back to reveal the ancient markings that coated her forearms. "I am not of this realm. I came here after the destruction of my home and all of my kind." She shakes her head. "Enough talk about sad things. I'm sure you are hungry. You can think about your answer while you eat."

Back