Status
Not open for further replies.
Miki_101_copy.png

"T-Taromaru! Kurumi-chan!" Miki exclaimed in a high tone as two familiar faces made themselves known to her. By complete instinct, she ran right toward the shovel-wielding girl and pulled her into a great big hug; usually she was more composed than this, but all things considered, this was far from a normal situation. She gave a tight, but brief hug, pulling away after a short enough while before the familiar dog zipped past, not even waiting for her.

"T-Taromaru, wait!" She called out, starting to run after it before suddenly falling back when Ben took to his new beastly form out of nowhere.

Miki_1045_copy.png

"Waaaaaah! W-What is that?!" Miki yelped, crawling away from the orange beast and looking up at it in fear.

"B-Ben-san...?"

@Crow @Josh @Krieg

"Graugh graa..." the beast's echolocation and hearing noted that Miki was afraid of him.

It smacked the emblem on its collar.

GOeYJvY.jpg

"That was Wildmutt. One of my aliens. He doesn't do much talking," Ben, who had appeared in a flash of green light, says with his head hung low, "m- my bad... I guess I shouldn't have done that so suddenly... I was going to use Wildmutt to sniff your friends out, and I think you found one already."

Pointing to Taroumaru, Ben says, hos smile returning, "I think he's got that one covered anyways. Taroumaru, was it? I used to have a dog that size. Speaking of size..."

Ben turns behind him - the little man with a hue of darkness and a helmet of keratin.

"... I think he's still watching me."

@Ver @Josh @Krieg

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

@Atomic Knight

Last edited:
The ground gradually became more and more unstable and uneven as those who decided to head toward the giant hand in the distance came ever closer. The faces on the ground gradually became bigger and bigger, but never ended, only going on and on incessantly. What these faces even were supposed to represent, if anything at all, were a mystery, but they continued to spell sinister all throughout.

Before long, however, something rather peculiar happened.

One of the faces in the ground began to morph, taking the form of a woman's face. And then... she rose.

86f6405eb238b6a4202d03887e31143feaf3c072_hq.gif

From the ground of endless faces rose a giant woman, possibly up to at least thirty feet tall, wearing what almost looked like a corset made of armor covering the front of her body. Her green, vine-like hair gave her the appearance of some sort of Gorgon, and her sinister smirk as she towered over everyone didn't help, nor did her long, devilish wings either.

In the place where she had risen from, there was only empty blackness. As her form rose from below and floated above in the air like a demon, the faces on the ground were replaced with nothing, a cold, black abyss standing in the way of everyone who attempted to move forward, unable to be bypassed.

"Oh... My, my. Don't we have a succulent pick today?" The demonic woman asked in a sultry yet sinister voice, giggling malevolently as she looked down upon the group.

latest

"Some humans, per the norm... But what's this? A demon? I don't think my children have indulged in cannibalism before, but with that form, maybe they won't be able to tell the difference. Of course, I could have you all to myself..." The woman giggled, licking her lips briefly. If one had to guess, they could say that she had something to do with all this, but at the present, one still had to wonder why they were here.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Khan of the Mardu @TowardTheHand
"... Is she planning to eat us or something? Also, what's with calling one of us a Demon?!" Virginia fumed while carefully taking hold of the grips of her ARMs, watching the woman warily. While she didn't seem to be half-metal like the Demons of her world or the Dragons whose part were used in her weapons... the Drifter wasn't going to take chances here, especially not with how she referred to demons as her children. Metal Demon or Dream Demon... it doesn't matter. Siegfried and Beatrice both went down eventually, and this one won't be any different if it means protecting these people! "How about you just tell us who you are?"

It had to happen at some point...Libra was used to being mistaken for a woman, so it was less irritating as it was something he accepted. "Yes, Virginia. I'm a man. And thank you for the compliment." Though he wished he wasn't 'pretty'... Sebastian would earn a smile, one almost joyful. "You did?" Yeah, he made Libra's day.

...until the giant woman mentioned a demon was among them. That made Libra tense up considerably. But that wasn't the issue at hand. "Yes, who are you, and where are we?"

@Ver @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore

Josh

Josh turned over to the twelve year old with an eyepatch and raised a skeptical eyebrow before he decided to ask. " You can see all of that too...." Josh wasn't sure if he was comforted or freaked out that the others could see the things. Where the hell was he? This was the mountains. He got up and ran a hand through his hair, trying to not freak out more.... he still wasn't sure he wouldn't soon.

@thatguyinthestore
"Yes, we can all see it. But sitting here and crying about it won't help anyone." Ciel said, remaining as stern as ever.

The ground gradually became more and more unstable and uneven as those who decided to head toward the giant hand in the distance came ever closer. The faces on the ground gradually became bigger and bigger, but never ended, only going on and on incessantly. What these faces even were supposed to represent, if anything at all, were a mystery, but they continued to spell sinister all throughout.

One of the faces in the ground began to morph, taking the form of a woman's face. And then... she rose.

From the ground of endless faces rose a giant woman, possibly up to at least thirty feet tall, wearing what almost looked like a corset made of armor covering the front of her body. Her green, vine-like hair gave her the appearance of some sort of Gorgon, and her sinister smirk as she towered over everyone didn't help, nor did her long, devilish wings either.

In the place where she had risen from, there was only empty blackness. As her form rose from below and floated above in the air like a demon, the faces on the ground were replaced with nothing, a cold, black abyss standing in the way of everyone who attempted to move forward, unable to be bypassed.

"Oh... My, my. Don't we have a succulent pick today?" The demonic woman asked in a sultry yet sinister voice, giggling malevolently as she looked down upon the group.

latest

"Some humans, per the norm... But what's this? A demon? I don't think my children have indulged in cannibalism before, but with that form, maybe they won't be able to tell the difference. Of course, I could have you all to myself..." The woman giggled, licking her lips briefly. If one had to guess, they could say that she had something to do with all this, but at the present, one still had to wonder why they were here.

8lmXZ.jpg

"Ah, so you're aware of my little secret, are you?" Sebastian asked with a chuckle. "I suppose that the perverbial 'cat' has been let out of the bag quite early, then." Sebastian said with light smirk, not seeming phased that this woman knew he was a demon.

"So, praytell, why exactly have you called us all here, hmmm? I sure hope it wasn't to eat us. After all...

52477f901930ecfea91d8135095b53cc.jpg

The young master's soul is mine and mine alone."

@Ver @Lucky @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Takumi @Minerva

"Well, a pleasure to meet the both of you as well! As well, at least we have a gr- wait, he?" Despite Virginia's genuinely warm response to all three of them as they walked with the exception of Sumia, nothing could stop her from being shocked at the revelation. For a moment, she just stared at Libra in shock, both in confusion and something akin to... admiration? That seemed to be what the sparkles in her eyes (and the slight blush on her cheeks) meant as she finally spoke, "Wow... you're prettier than even your friend, but you're a guy? Dang, you got lucky in the looks department, mister."

If there was one thing that Ciel hated more than senseless optimism, it was pointless moping. So, when he noticed Josh rocking back and forth, the boy looked down at him with a pair of soul-piercing eyes.

Ciel.Phantomhive.full.230176.jpg

"Quit moping around in self pity. It's pathetic." Ciel said in a stern voice.

@Lucky

"And it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Virginia." Sebastian said with a smile. When Sumia realized that Libra was indeed a male instead of a female, the butler only chuckled.

"A case of mistaken gender, I see. Rest assured, Libra, I was fully aware of your status as a male." Sebastian said just in case Libra felt discouraged by Virginia mistaking him for a woman.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu

DMPNKxcUEAEKjJI.jpg

"My my, the young are so quick to assume these days." Lindel finally spoke up after a moment, amused and slightly playful.

latest

He amused and playful attitude didn't last long, taken a bit by surprised, before he heard the woman's words and, well, wasn't pleased.

tumblr_oy6vptcqW71u2z368o8_400.gif

"Well now. This turn of events have definitely gotten much worse." he spoke, hand resting on his sword. This woman looked somewhat like a fae, but from how she spoke and after taking a good look at her, she was obviously type of demon or other being. Not unsheating his sword at the moment the elder let the others do the talking in the meantime. Tense and ready to fight if he had to, yet still as calm as possible.

@Ver @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Minerva @Sen @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @whoever I missed

The knight watched intently as the tall, gangly being suddenly flashed, becoming large, furry creature and bounding off to look for something, presumably. It looked upwards towards the structure that hung overhead the group - a massive pillar stood tall on the horizon, resembling something like a hand.

View attachment 2052

". . ."

There was no purpose to being here. No reason to even move or do anything. If it were to even move or interact with anything, it would be a use of initiative that. . .an empty being would not have normally.The words on the inside of the knight's mask didn't mean anything in this instance, for some reason. It had no directive. It could probably just full apart now and no one would notice.

But, that structure.

It was enticing.

What was this drive?

What is drive?

The knight looked back toward's the tall thing with brown head-fur. It looked up at him and stared for a moment, before swiftly turning. The knight sheathed it's Nail and began bounding after the group towards the hand structure, rippling through the air as it took on the shape of a formless shadow, phasing through physical obstructions and racing after the group like water.

The woman that looked upon her succulent selection of human - plus one demon - would sense another presence enter the zone. A small, dimunitive warrior suddenly emerged before the group in a burst of that black substance. Raw, formless potential radiated off the creature, orbiting around it and vanishing into nothing. It looked up at the woman.

". . ."

View attachment 2051

It did not make any taunts, or threats, or questions. It didn't look like it was capable of doing that. It would simply just a hand on the hilt of it's Nail, staring at the lady exactingly.

No thought, all instinct.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Ver

The knight watched intently as the tall, gangly being suddenly flashed, becoming large, furry creature and bounding off to look for something, presumably. It looked upwards towards the structure that hung overhead the group - a massive pillar stood tall on the horizon, resembling something like a hand.

View attachment 2052

". . ."

There was no purpose to being here. No reason to even move or do anything. If it were to even move or interact with anything, it would be a use of initiative that. . .an empty being would not have normally.The words on the inside of the knight's mask didn't mean anything in this instance, for some reason. It had no directive. It could probably just full apart now and no one would notice.

But, that structure.

It was enticing.

What was this drive?

What is drive?

The knight looked back toward's the tall thing with brown head-fur. It looked up at him and stared for a moment, before swiftly turning. The knight sheathed it's Nail and began bounding after the group towards the hand structure, rippling through the air as it took on the shape of a formless shadow, phasing through physical obstructions and racing after the group like water.

The woman that looked upon her succulent selection of human - plus one demon - would sense another presence enter the zone. A small, dimunitive warrior suddenly emerged before the group in a burst of that black substance. Raw, formless potential radiated off the creature, orbiting around it and vanishing into nothing. It looked up at the woman.

". . ."

View attachment 2051

It did not make any taunts, or threats, or questions. It didn't look like it was capable of doing that. It would simply just a hand on the hilt of it's Nail, staring at the lady exactingly.

No thought, all instinct.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Sen@Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Ver
Sebastian glanced down towards Hollow Knight as he ran towards the rest of them with his tiny needle sword.

2194569-kuroshitsuji_ii_12_168.jpg

"Well, aren't you a cute little fellow?" Sebastian asked Hollow Knight rather calmly, especially considering the situation at hand.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Khan of the Mardu @Lucky @Minerva

"... Is she planning to eat us or something? Also, what's with calling one of us a Demon?!" Virginia fumed while carefully taking hold of the grips of her ARMs, watching the woman warily. While she didn't seem to be half-metal like the Demons of her world or the Dragons whose part were used in her weapons... the Drifter wasn't going to take chances here, especially not with how she referred to demons as her children. Metal Demon or Dream Demon... it doesn't matter. Siegfried and Beatrice both went down eventually, and this one won't be any different if it means protecting these people! "How about you just tell us who you are?"
It had to happen at some point...Libra was used to being mistaken for a woman, so it was less irritating as it was something he accepted. "Yes, Virginia. I'm a man. And thank you for the compliment." Though he wished he wasn't 'pretty'... Sebastian would earn a smile, one almost joyful. "You did?" Yeah, he made Libra's day.

...until the giant woman mentioned a demon was among them. That made Libra tense up considerably. But that wasn't the issue at hand. "Yes, who are you, and where are we?"
8lmXZ.jpg

"Ah, so you're aware of my little secret, are you?" Sebastian asked with a chuckle. "I suppose that the perverbial 'cat' has been let out of the bag quite early, then." Sebastian said with light smirk, not seeming phased that this woman knew he was a demon.

"So, praytell, why exactly have you called us all here, hmmm? I sure hope it wasn't to eat us. After all...

52477f901930ecfea91d8135095b53cc.jpg

The young master's soul is mine and mine alone."
He amused and playful attitude didn't last long, taken a bit by surprised, before he heard the woman's words and, well, wasn't pleased.

tumblr_oy6vptcqW71u2z368o8_400.gif

"Well now. This turn of events have definitely gotten much worse." he spoke, hand resting on his sword. This woman looked somewhat like a fae, but from how she spoke and after taking a good look at her, she was obviously type of demon or other being. Not unsheating his sword at the moment the elder let the others do the talking in the meantime. Tense and ready to fight if he had to, yet still as calm as possible.

View attachment 2052

". . ."

But, that structure.

It was enticing.

What was this drive?

What is drive?

". . ."

View attachment 2051

No thought, all instinct.​
tumblr_inline_narrzerz541r86tsw.gif

The strange woman let out a laugh in response to Sebastian's words, both his acceptance at being outed as a demon, something he evidently wanted to keep a secret (not that the woman appeared to care all that much), and the rest of the response, leaning down toward him, and by extension, the rest of the group. "Hooh? Then in that case, perhaps I'll let you devour that little boy of yours, and then I'll help myself to you right after. What is it that you humans call it? Last rites?" She replied, once again licking her lips, this time in a more hungry fashion than a deliberately suggestive one. "Of course, to a demon like you of Hell... or, at least, so a human knows it as, perhaps instead of an end, it would be a return to nothingness. Is that not a comforting thought? To be erased and be reborn anew?"

To the others who questioned her so directly, the strange woman let out yet another sinister laugh.

"Ufufu... Who am I, you ask? I've gone by many names throughout my existence... Perhaps the easiest way to answer would be... God. Yes, I suppose that's the easiest way a human can accept the existence of one as I. And seeing as how I doubt to take you for godless folk, you wouldn't dare questions the acts of God, would you? A God as I though... I still have needs. Urges. As humans do, I hunger, so I devour. Really, you should count your blessings. To give yourself up for your God is the highest of pleasures for you humans, is it not?" She replied, not helping to shed much light on anything, though before long, another voice, booming and imposing, much more than the woman's, was heard, as yet another giant figure rose from the floor, the very ground rumbling and quaking as he did so.

eLRDlRj8TYC3ktL6FV3ibg.png

"That is quite enough, Slan," the source of the voice spoke. Indeed, the figure was perhaps even more frightening in appearance than the woman called "Slan," the figure sporting a long cloak and sickly, thin arms like twigs, yet extended longer than even the woman's wings, with a head that sported a great brain on top and a forced grin stuck in that expression. A truly grotesque face that did not move. Even when he spoke, his mouth remained completely still, mysteriously enough.

"Heeeh? I just wanted to toy with them for a little while... I get so easily bored, you see, dear Void."

"Nevertheless, do keep that you do not... interfere with the destination of their fates. The chosen sacrifices are... quite bountiful. But lest I forget..."

Raising his sickly thin arm to his face, the entity named "Void" conjured up the image of a glowing, green symbol.

hqdefault.jpg

"Just as humans with their cattle... The chosen sacrifices must be branded accordingly. We must begin the sacrifice now. Awaken the children, and seal their fates."

Before long, out of nowhere, a searing, sharp pain was felt in the group's left hands, as their skin began to open up slightly, as though an invisible knife was cutting through their flesh, and no less, in the shape of the glowing symbol in front of Void. Whatever force was conjured to perform such a phenomena, it seemed powerful enough to even override any regeneration abilities, as though the mark made there was intended to be permanent.

@Minerva @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Toward the Hand

Siegward of Catarina
@York @Ver @AwayFromHand

latest

Siegward's confidence grew when he noticed people going toward the hand in the distance. Greater numbers meant less danger and more victory! However, he told himself that, because there were several powerful allies already moving there, he had no need to join them. Surely, they'd have that area dealt with and he could instead explore the area away from the hand in order to cover more ground!
Lucatiel of Mirrah - Prologue; Knightfall
@Verite
@Away From the Hand

"My name is Lucatiel. I beg of you, remember my name. For I may not myself…"

Those were the last words Lucatiel would utter in this world... Or so... She thought anyways.

While she had been kept sane for just a little longer, fighting by the side of a complete stranger, (none other than a a woman who seemed pretty scantily clad, weirdly enough)... She found a few precious moments of solace, and felt like a knight for just a little longer...

But now... She knew her end drew near... And though as an undead, she could not die... She soon might as well be... Dead...

All her memories gone... Scattered to the winds, and whatever semblance of herself... Would be no more. She had dreaded this day would come, and even sought to avoid it, but alas, even Drangleic, could not give her the salvation she desired.

Her vision was fading... And a distinct numbness took over her body, as she closed her eyes and let out what she had thought to be her final breath.

However, fate, seemed to have a different plan in store for her...

Red.

That was the first and only color she saw, when she regained consciousness, and she could feel something distinctly squishy underneath her feet.

Was this what it was like to become hollowed?

No... Wait... Something wasn't quite right.

As the red slowly faded from her vision, it was replaced with a horrific sight; a mass of horrific faces... Abominations that were unlike anything she had seen, rivaling even the creatures she had faced during her time in Drangleic.

Though soon, she noticed something else; her thoughts, her memories... They were... Still there! While she could still feel the disfigured patch on her face, where the undead curse had begun to eat away at her features... Even underneath her mask, she could actually... Think... Clearly...

But perhaps it would have been better if she had hollowed, right then and there, in that rundown hut, next to that bonfire... Rather than to have to bear witness to the terrors of wherever she had ended up.

However, since she was here... Alive... And still her... As a knight of Mirrah, as much as her homeland may shun her now... She would fight... And endure, to the very end.

On the other hand, after the initial shock of her surroundings faded, she found that she wasn't quite sure WHAT to fight, if anything at all. Who was a friend? Who was a foe?

Well, it seemed that was a question that could wait until later, as she didn't show too much interest in interacting with the oddball group that had been gathered here, and while she was tempted to approach the mysterious hand in the distance... Seeing that others had already headed there, she decided to head in the opposite direction of the hand.

After all, she hoped to survey the area a little better, before she started messing around with any weird, enlargened appendages that loomed ominously in the distance.​
The knight of Catarina thought nothing of Lucatiel at first; he had thought that she was just another oddball that this group seemed to consist of. However, there was something oddly familiar about her armor.

Could that be a knight of Mirrah?

There was no doubt about it. In this place of unfamiliarities, this person was the only familiarity.

8aVhS2n.png

"You look like you could use a drink! Go on, it's yours." Siegward said as he held a tankard of Siegbrau, offering it to his newfound friend.

Last edited:

The strange woman let out a laugh in response to Sebastian's words, both his acceptance at being outed as a demon, something he evidently wanted to keep a secret (not that the woman appeared to care all that much), and the rest of the response, leaning down toward him, and by extension, the rest of the group. "Hooh? Then in that case, perhaps I'll let you devour that little boy of yours, and then I'll help myself to you right after. What is it that you humans call it? Last rites?" She replied, once again licking her lips, this time in a more hungry fashion than a deliberately suggestive one. "Of course, to a demon like you of Hell... or, at least, so a human knows it as, perhaps instead of an end, it would be a return to nothingness. Is that not a comforting thought? To be erased and be reborn anew?"

To the others who questioned her so directly, the strange woman let out yet another sinister laugh.

"Ufufu... Who am I, you ask? I've gone by many names throughout my existence... Perhaps the easiest way to answer would be... God. Yes, I suppose that's the easiest way a human can accept the existence of one as I. And seeing as how I doubt to take you for godless folk, you wouldn't dare questions the acts of God, would you? A God as I though... I still have needs. Urges. As humans do, I hunger, so I devour. Really, you should count your blessings. To give yourself up for your God is the highest of pleasures for you humans, is it not?" She replied, not helping to shed much light on anything, though before long, another voice, booming and imposing, much more than the woman's, was heard, as yet another giant figure rose from the floor, the very ground rumbling and quaking as he did so.

"That is quite enough, Slan," the source of the voice spoke. Indeed, the figure was perhaps even more frightening in appearance than the woman called "Slan," the figure sporting a long cloak and sickly, thin arms like twigs, yet extended longer than even the woman's wings, with a head that sported a great brain on top and a forced grin stuck in that expression. A truly grotesque face that did not move. Even when he spoke, his mouth remained completely still, mysteriously enough.

"Heeeh? I just wanted to toy with them for a little while... I get so easily bored, you see, dear Void."

"Nevertheless, do keep that you do not... interfere with the destination of their fates. The chosen sacrifices are... quite bountiful. But lest I forget..."

Raising his sickly thin arm to his face, the entity named "Void" conjured up the image of a glowing, green symbol.

hqdefault.jpg

"Just as humans with their cattle... The chosen sacrifices must be branded accordingly. We must begin the sacrifice now. Awaken the children, and seal their fates."

Before long, out of nowhere, a searing, sharp pain was felt in the group's left hands, as their skin began to open up slightly, as though an invisible knife was cutting through their flesh, and no less, in the shape of the glowing symbol in front of Void. Whatever force was conjured to perform such a phenomena, it seemed powerful enough to even override any regeneration abilities, as though the mark made there was intended to be permanent.

@Minerva @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Toward the Hand
Virginia cringed as she heard the truth of Sebastian's nature and his intentions towards that boy he seemed to be traveling with. While he certainly wasn't transforming the world into a paradise for Demons or one where he could escape imprisonment... Dangit, she had to focus for now on the bigger threat! She could protect the boy later, and for now, her attention needed to be on the strange woman. Speaking of said woman... The Drifter couldn't help but smirk at her.

"Godless? Maybe I am, since I've fought a lot of prophets and weirdo Demons in the past, and I'm not afraid to fight another one to protect these people!" As she continued to threaten them with being consumed, Virginia simply steeled her nerves and drew her ARMs, aiming the Rapier Ex right for the divine creep's head while using the wrist of the left hand holding the Bantorain 93R as a support. However, the emergence of that... walking brain thing threw a serious wrench in her plan. Despite her skill in gunning down a single enemy with both of her guns at once, things would be a lot more difficult to do at once with any sort of success if there were two targets. Could she put down the one fast enough and aim again...?

Whatever the answer was, Virginia would have to find the answer later as she grimaced and experienced the same burning sensation on her hand that seemed to cut a reendition of the brain man's symbol, visible even through her glove, as everyone else did, "What the heck...? Some brand for sacrificing us?"

@Minerva @Ver @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Toward the Hand

Kokichi Oma Prologue:
I'd Never Tell a Lie

So much red.

Red like blood. Screams that curdled blood. Unspeakable horrors of flesh that littered the ground, interwoven within the architecture. The ground they stood upon was most likely flesh, and whether or not it was living flesh was debatable.

The sight alone should drive a person to madness; the sounds and odors should drive them further. Yet, through the horror...

"Nee-heehee..."

"Oh my, did I end up in Hell? I must have been quite the big shot to earn eternal damnation. Of course, nothing but the best for me."

"Although I can't say I'm too impressed. Sure, it's a hellhole, but where's the fun? Where's the excitement?"

Kokichi spoke loudly and without addressing anyone in particular. Rather, his words aimed to draw the attention of those who had pressed forward.

Kokichi found that his cries for attention had been overshadowed by the sudden presence of the giant demon.

"Now this is what I'm talking about! What's Hell without the demons trying to eat your soul?"

Kokichi shut his trap long enough to listen to the discussion between the two giants, Slan and Void. However, he could not bite his tongue he felt the searing pain in his left hand. His cocky demeamor broke down with the pain.

"Hey, I didn't sign up to be some kind of sacrifice! You can't just call us cattle and kill us off! I mean, some of these people may be better off dead, but you can't kill someone like me right away! What gives you the right to call us sacrifices?"

@Ver @Minerva @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Toward the Hand

hqdefault.jpg

latest

"Well, unlike you, I don't messily sample every dish in sight. My tastes are a bit more.... refined. I made a contract with this boy, and said contract entails that I serve him at his beck and call until he finds his parents' murderer. And on the day that happens, when lies become one with the truth, I can finally devour his soul.

sbru%20%281%29.jpg

After all, the hungrier one is, the more satisfying the dinner."

Though, even he was caught off guard when he suddenly felt the palms of both his hands began to open up ever so slightly, a small burning senastion coursing through his palms as he did so. Even then, however, Sebastian didn't let his polite facade fall.

"My my.... you even brand your dishes? Y-you truly are a competent chef, aren't you?" Sebastian mused as he slightly winced through the pain.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @Lucky @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Minerva

Prologue - The Search

Another trip, another dead end. Fall-From-Grace did not know how many times she had ventured into the lower planes now trying to find the man who had stripped himself of his immortality. He had perhaps done terrible things in his past, but he had walked a path of redemption...and touched many during that time.

Grace being one of them. With a heavy sigh Grace dusted herself off from the residue of a foolish skeleton that had impeded her search and returned to her place of business the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts.

As she stepped inside waiting for the usual greetings the air was filled by a voice she hadn't heard in a while. "Hey, what crawled up your shapely ass and died?"

latest

The voice belonged to Morte, another companion of the Nameless One. Ever since his death the group had more or less split up with very little communication between them. Grace wasn't surprised with that, Annah in particular had never taken a liking to Grace due to her nature as a succubus, no matter how friendly she had been. Morte though...well, while one to be a bit too on the nose had a good rapport with her. No doubt due to her unnaturally beautiful visage. Even so the frown that had been on her face turned into a smile as she addressed Morte. "Morte! It's been too long. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Her elegant way of speaking was highly contrasted by Morte's more rough and tumble way of saying things. "What? Can't an old friend just show up and say hi to you and the puppies?"

Of course, Grace chuckled. "Well me and my 'puppies' are happy to see you." She could tell however that there was more that he wanted to say. "Truly though...why are you here?"

Morte looked down to the ground rocking back and forth like he was shuffling his legs, if he had any. "Can't fool you I guess...I...came to ask how your little adventures down bellow are goin'? Find anythin'?"

Ah, of course. "I have not, sadly," She replied solemnly before flashing Morte a smile. "Perhaps next time I venture down into the lower planes two pair of eyes would be better than one?"

The prospect of being alone with Grace was tempting. but... "I dunno Grace...the chief's gone and...I just don't want to get hopeful, you know?"

"I know he is down there somewhere," Grace said, though she wasn't sure if she was assuring Morte or herself. "The lower planes are vast after all, it might take awhile, but I am sure that I will find him."

Morte looked like he was going to say something else when he exclaimed. "I'm seein' red!"

"Oh Morte you don't have to get an-"

"No, Grace, I am literally seein' red!" Grace realized as well that her vision was blurred by the crimson color before she suddenly felt very dizzy...and so she fell.​

hqdefault.jpg

"Hey! What's the big idea you giant testicle!" Morte exclaimed towards Slan. Both Grace and Morte had followed a bit behind towards the huge hand as they both got branded by the mysterious figure for their trouble. "Buzz off will ya? Get that other girl to come to talk to us! She's way easier on the eyes then you! You look like a dung puddle that's sat out on the streets for a week! And smell like one too!"

Grace meanwhile was quiet. Horrific things was all in a days work if you ventured to the more shadier parts of Sigil, but she was getting similar feelings to when she from time to time looked up at the Lady of Pain...these beings were far beyond any power that she could imagine. Even so.

ea26ffad4cece23e580e8438dfdd5daf--demon-girl-blonde-hair.jpg

"Is anyone hurt?"
She asked the group with a friendly smile on her face. "I realize that our new mark is no doubt permanent...but is there anything else that ails you?"

Prologue - The Search

Another trip, another dead end. Fall-From-Grace did not know how many times she had ventured into the lower planes now trying to find the man who had stripped himself of his immortality. He had perhaps done terrible things in his past, but he had walked a path of redemption...and touched many during that time.

Grace being one of them. With a heavy sigh Grace dusted herself off from the residue of a foolish skeleton that had impeded her search and returned to her place of business the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts.

As she stepped inside waiting for the usual greetings the air was filled by a voice she hadn't heard in a while. "Hey, what crawled up your shapely ass and died?"

latest

The voice belonged to Morte, another companion of the Nameless One. Ever since his death the group had more or less split up with very little communication between them. Grace wasn't surprised with that, Annah in particular had never taken a liking to Grace due to her nature as a succubus, no matter how friendly she had been. Morte though...well, while one to be a bit too on the nose had a good rapport with her. No doubt due to her unnaturally beautiful visage. Even so the frown that had been on her face turned into a smile as she addressed Morte. "Morte! It's been too long. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Her elegant way of speaking was highly contrasted by Morte's more rough and tumble way of saying things. "What? Can't an old friend just show up and say hi to you and the puppies?"

Of course, Grace chuckled. "Well me and my 'puppies' are happy to see you." She could tell however that there was more that he wanted to say. "Truly though...why are you here?"

Morte looked down to the ground rocking back and forth like he was shuffling his legs, if he had any. "Can't fool you I guess...I...came to ask how your little adventures down bellow are goin'? Find anythin'?"

Ah, of course. "I have not, sadly," She replied solemnly before flashing Morte a smile. "Perhaps next time I venture down into the lower planes two pair of eyes would be better than one?"

The prospect of being alone with Grace was tempting. but... "I dunno Grace...the chief's gone and...I just don't want to get hopeful, you know?"

"I know he is down there somewhere," Grace said, though she wasn't sure if she was assuring Morte or herself. "The lower planes are vast after all, it might take awhile, but I am sure that I will find him."

Morte looked like he was going to say something else when he exclaimed. "I'm seein' red!"

"Oh Morte you don't have to get an-"

"No, Grace, I am literally seein' red!" Grace realized as well that her vision was blurred by the crimson color before she suddenly felt very dizzy...and so she fell.​

"Hey! What's the big idea you giant testicle!" Morte exclaimed towards Slan. Both Grace and Morte had followed a bit behind towards the huge hand as they both got branded by the mysterious figure for their trouble. "Buzz off will ya? Get that other girl to come to talk to us! She's way easier on the eyes then you! You look like a dung puddle that's sat out on the streets for a week! And smell like one too!"

Grace meanwhile was quiet. Horrific things was all in a days work if you ventured to the more shadier parts of Sigil, but she was getting similar feelings to when she from time to time looked up at the Lady of Pain...these beings were far beyond any power that she could imagine. Even so.

ea26ffad4cece23e580e8438dfdd5daf--demon-girl-blonde-hair.jpg

"Is anyone hurt?"
She asked the group with a friendly smile on her face. "I realize that our new mark is no doubt permanent...but is there anything else that ails you?"

2d502ae9ecf0aff485feccf5e2da15e6--black-butler-kuroshitsuji-do-you.jpg

"I'm quite fine, thank you." Sebastian replied with a relieved sounding sigh as he slipped his glove back on. "If I couldn't withstand a measly cut, what kind of a butler would I be?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva

Ciel-ciel-phantomhive-32738969-640-360.jpg

"Is every occupant here an annoying, overly positive nuisance? Do you not realize we are in the seventh circle of hell? Or are you simply too naive to realize the danger of our situation?" Ciel asked. Although he himself wasn't worried, he had a literal demon as his servant after all, he still found all these people's constant positivity to be... annoying, to say the least.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Minerva

Zoe rolled her eyes at Ciel, and quickly traced out a bright violet circle into the floor in front of herself, and stuck her head into it as the circle gave way to a twinkling void. "I'm just trying to spend my immortal existence having fun!" came her voice so suddenly from behind him, where the portal's exit had been summoned into place, "You know how to have fun right? Er, I'm not trying to be mean or anything - it's an honest question; I can show you how if you don't!" she offered with eyes smiling as wide as she was. Shortly thereafter, she snapped her fingers and pulled herself out of the portal and onto her feet.

"Oh, that reminds me, I'll be your celestial herald for the day! Yay!" Zoe excitedly cheered for herself and clapped her hands together,
"Nothing too out of the ordinary today, just the usual thing. All your lives are gonna change forever, some for the better, some ehhh notsomuch, time and space will wildly fluctuate, chance of spontaneous heartburn, aaaaaand possible armageddon so overall the whole feng shui of the universe is going through a bit of a change right now, mmkay?" she added, the childish tone of her voice hardly fitting the weight of her words, "So, boom! There! You've been heralded. So maybe, enjoy yourself, just in case?" Zoe suggested with a shrug and an innocent smile as she began on her way down the corridor again, "Not saying anything bad will happen, just-"

"-you never know! Your next breath could-"

"-always be your last! And that's not a threat by the way, I'm just saying!"

"Don't shoot the messenger!"

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva

latest

Zoe's prancing quickly slowed to a skip, then to a steady step with pep as the young herald entered into the enormous woman's presence, utterly dwarfed, even when standing alongside so many others.
"Wow...there's tall girls, but then there's tall tall girls! I'm so jealous!" Zoe exclaimed up at the towering demon, "And I love your hair; you have to tell me the secret to hair like that! Wearing your hair in one big wavy line gets old after the nth millennium you know?" Zoe paused to take a breather after all the shouting, and in the meantime thought of a way to circumvent the issue. Opening up a portal on the ground, Zoe stuck her head inside, and it popped out the other end at the demon's eye-level! Upside-down, maybe, but still, at her eye-level. "Hi! Thought I'd close the gap a little. Just because you're giant doesn't mean you have to get yelled at all the time," she said with a wave of greeting, and blinked at Slan's introduction.

"Wait, you're a god? I don't recognize you...unless..."
Zoe's confused expression steadily lit up into one of unbridled excitement, "You're a god from another world! It makes sense since I'm in another world but-...ha! I've never met a god from another pantheon before! Hiiii! I'm Zoe!" she introduced herself, waving much more energetically now, "Herald of Mount Targon! Ooh ooh ooh, I actually have a message for-" the messenger was silenced by the entrance of another large being, and to him, Zoe tilted her head, and leaned in to speak at Slan and away from Void, "Is he also a god, but like, also your boss? I totally get it girl, don't worry," Zoe spoke to her in a hushed tone before turning to face Void.

"Hey, Mr. Other-God-Person, I have a message from one pantheon to another for you! The yingers and yangerons of the universe are all outta whack in the fourth-dimension right now, so there's some routine maintenance going on," she said, speaking to the being like an equal, "You've heard it all before; cosmic changes, earthquakes here, tidal waves there, fire raining from the sky, blah blah blah, it's always the same sort of thing right?" Zoe laughed, not quite realizing the forming brand on her left hand until it was half finished. Once she did, however, she looked upon it in awe, and giggled like a rebellious schoolgirl. "Ooh, I've always wanted a tattoo! But why is it all...red, and dull?" Zoe frowned, willing a shaker made of light into existence, and shook it over her hand, coating the mark in an array of brilliant colours, "That's better!"

@Ver @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Lucky

Zoe rolled her eyes at Ciel, and quickly traced out a bright violet circle into the floor in front of herself, and stuck her head into it as the circle gave way to a twinkling void. "I'm just trying to spend my immortal existence having fun!" came her voice so suddenly from behind him, where the portal's exit had been summoned into place, "You know how to have fun right? Er, I'm not trying to be mean or anything - it's an honest question; I can show you how if you don't!" she offered with eyes smiling as wide as she was. Shortly thereafter, she snapped her fingers and pulled herself out of the portal and onto her feet.

"Oh, that reminds me, I'll be your celestial herald for the day! Yay!" Zoe excitedly cheered for herself and clapped her hands together,
"Nothing too out of the ordinary today, just the usual thing. All your lives are gonna change forever, some for the better, some ehhh notsomuch, time and space will wildly fluctuate, chance of spontaneous heartburn, aaaaaand possible armageddon so overall the whole feng shui of the universe is going through a bit of a change right now, mmkay?" she added, the childish tone of her voice hardly fitting the weight of her words, "So, boom! There! You've been heralded. So maybe, enjoy yourself, just in case?" Zoe suggested with a shrug and an innocent smile as she began on her way down the corridor again, "Not saying anything bad will happen, just-"

"-you never know! Your next breath could-"

"-always be your last! And that's not a threat by the way, I'm just saying!"

"Don't shoot the messenger!"

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Crow @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva

Zoe's prancing quickly slowed to a skip, then to a steady step with pep as the young herald entered into the enormous woman's presence, utterly dwarfed, even when standing alongside so many others.
"Wow...there's tall girls, but then there's tall tall girls! I'm so jealous!" Zoe exclaimed up at the towering demon, "And I love your hair; you have to tell me the secret to hair like that! Wearing your hair in one big wavy line gets old after the nth millennium you know?" Zoe paused to take a breather after all the shouting, and in the meantime thought of a way to circumvent the issue. Opening up a portal on the ground, Zoe stuck her head inside, and it popped out the other end at the demon's eye-level! Upside-down, maybe, but still, at her eye-level. "Hi! Thought I'd close the gap a little. Just because you're giant doesn't mean you have to get yelled at all the time," she said with a wave of greeting, and blinked at Slan's introduction.

"Wait, you're a god? I don't recognize you...unless..."
Zoe's confused expression steadily lit up into one of unbridled excitement, "You're a god from another world! It makes sense since I'm in another world but-...ha! I've never met a god from another pantheon before! Hiiii! I'm Zoe!" she introduced herself, waving much more energetically now, "Herald of Mount Targon! Ooh ooh ooh, I actually have a message for-" the messenger was silenced by the entrance of another large being, and to him, Zoe tilted her head, and leaned in to speak at Slan and away from Void, "Is he also a god, but like, also your boss? I totally get it girl, don't worry," Zoe spoke to her in a hushed tone before turning to face Void.

"Hey, Mr. Other-God-Person, I have a message from one pantheon to another for you! The yingers and yangerons of the universe are all outta whack in the fourth-dimension right now, so there's some routine maintenance going on," she said, speaking to the being like an equal, "You've heard it all before; cosmic changes, earthquakes here, tidal waves there, fire raining from the sky, blah blah blah, it's always the same sort of thing right?" Zoe laughed, not quite realizing the forming brand on her left hand until it was half finished. Once she did, however, she looked upon it in awe, and giggled like a rebellious schoolgirl. "Ooh, I've always wanted a tattoo! But why is it all...red, and dull?" Zoe frowned, willing a shaker made of light into existence, and shook it over her hand, coating the mark in an array of brilliant colours, "That's better!"

@Ver @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Lucky

detention__high_school_au_ciel_x_reader_by_mrsxphantomhive-d88au79.jpg

"Having fun is none of my concern. Fun is for the weak-minded, naive fools who parade along the streets, speaking of a false sense of goodwill and happiness. Fun is for those who cannot fully grasp the complexities and duality of man.

In the real world, fun is a mere construct. A figment of one's imagination. You appear to be twice my age, yet you act like you're only half of it. Perhaps instead of urging me to indulge in your so-called 'fun', you should attempt to fully grasp the severity of our situation."

Ciel's words appear to have fallen on deaf ears, however, as Zoe decided to take it upon herself to poke fun at their supposed antagonizers like this was all a game.

Ciel was almost certain she'd be the first to die from mere stupidity.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Ver @Crow @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @Krieg

2d502ae9ecf0aff485feccf5e2da15e6--black-butler-kuroshitsuji-do-you.jpg

"I'm quite fine, thank you." Sebastian replied with a relieved sounding sigh as he slipped his glove back on. "If I couldn't withstand a measly cut, what kind of a butler would I be?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Minerva

"Yes indeed,"
Grace responded as she turned towards Sebastian to give him a look over. "What kind of butler are you?" She didn't want to be presumptuous or anything of the sort so she decided to instead introduce herself. "My manners, I am Fall-From-Grace, but if you find that to be a mouthful then just Grace will suffice."

@Ver @Minerva @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Arikado's Prologue: A Shadow that Steps Through Worlds

tumblr_inline_n3xn8t0j0n1rk0sf0.jpg

He awoke in a place unfamiliar to him. Which was to be expected. The circle he had stepped into to come to this dreary place had disappeared under his feet, the weight of the book having evaporated from his gloved hands. The man, dressed in a sharp black suit befitting of a government agent, stood up with grace. All around him were the tell-tale signs of unspeakable evil, the kind that would bring him here, and the kind he knew he had to eradicate - or help eradicate. It was his duty, after all.

There were some who seemed to be occupied in a conversation nearby, but Arikado had more pressing matters. He turned to look towards where he sensed was a massive amount of... unpleasant energy. There were people there too. He narrowed his eyes - what if they were in danger? Let's see... in this situation, it would be best to make allies, perhaps assist them, and traverse these dangerous worlds with them. It was better than acting alone as he did all the time.

That didn't mean he did not have his preference. It was better to be alone so he would be able to do his job with no strings attached to anyone he met along the way. Nowadays, the government seemed to be forcing him to work with others. Minor issues were no problem, but with an eerie sensation this complex and obviously dangerous, Arikado decided the best course of action would be to help.

He hurried towards the direction of the issue at hand, and arrived just in time to see an 'otherworldly' creature's appearance, alongside another whom he would only describe as a grotesque cross between a Medusa and a Succubus.

tumblr_inline_n3xnmrGFEo1rk0sf0.jpg

A sharp searing pain caught his attention as he looked at his left hand, squinting at the deep gashes that this creature had left behind.

It was a spell, a magic, that he didn't understand. That alone piped his interest.
"Foul demon," he called out with a surprisingly deep voice - almost as if he had not spoken for a long time. "What are you, and what is the purpose of this ugly mutilation of our bodies?"

@Minerva @Lucky @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back